It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASIMIL8: Too Offensive.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh whaa my culture is so weak that # not even related to it offends me.

Maybe some cultures are meant to die, I mean it's not like every retard animal from the past is with us today, why humans get a special spot?

Level up mother#ers

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Oh whaa my culture is so weak that # not even related to it offends me.
Maybe some cultures are meant to die, I mean it's not like every retard animal from the past is with us today, why humans get a special spot?
Level up mother#ers

Glad you're so understanding...cuz the future is brown.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Glad you think I don't have any brown blood.

KEK

Oh no my hispanic relatives are taking over, ohhh nooo oh wait, they are american in culture.

And my children will be half black.

BLNT.

Bet youre so pasty your skin would blind me.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

aaaaabsolutely not.
so now we're required to take the whole population and its problems into account when making personal decisions? nah.
i highly doubt he's falling back on the fine print. most obviously, he's just being a fellow nerd. what if he had "NGAGE"? does that mean he's promoting hetero only marriage?... being insensitive to the rights of gays? or "ABORT"? yeah, cuz then he's probably a baby hater.
and if you choose to tiptoe around the boohoos of others, then on your own repressed soul be it.
"not i!", said the duck.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Bet youre so pasty your skin would blind me.

Well, ya got me on the pasty. But the irreverence in your reply really doesn't look good on you, especially if you're attuned to minority issues. . Like, I'm not sure your black partner would agree that cultures are not worth defending.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Nah.

Actually she agrees with me, we dont go around thinking oh man let me virtue signal.

Sometimes you have to see the forest for the trees.

Nothing lasts forever.

I mean you realize the topic is people upset over a #ing STAR TREK Novelty License plate.

We don't need that many pansies here, we already hit our quota.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
By the looks of things, the plate owner is a Trekker, but I'd say it's pretty likely that he knew he was pushing other buttons as well. And that would make him an arse.

Did you see the man's name?

Nick Troller.

Now, more seriously, I think that both sides are right: the licence plate owner because it was a reference to a specific situation, the people that complained because not everyone is a Star Trek fan (I'm not) and when someone chooses a personalized licence plate they should remember that they are showing it in public, so they should think about other people and not just about themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Or maybe they should learn to not GAF.

Like most of the world does. NOT GAF and go on about our days.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
aaaaabsolutely not.
so now we're required to take the whole population and its problems into account when making personal decisions? nah.
i highly doubt he's falling back on the fine print. most obviously, he's just being a fellow nerd.

Manitoba is pretty well known for being the most racist region of Canada in its treatment of our Indigenous people. That is not lost on the people living there, so this guy would have a good idea as to which buttons he was pushing. It's pretty much a free speak issue, IMHO. If he was playing the game with a bumper sticker, well, that's his call (and his windshield), but seeing as it's government property...tough noogies.
And as in all things, either you're part of the problem, or part of the solution.
edit on 29-4-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: punctuation matters!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Cool if I am part of the problem just stay out of my way.

Thats my reasoning if I am to be part of the problem.

Racist Canadians? I thought that's only a Merican phenomenon.

IMO if you want to be offended you can look around and find anything to offend you.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
By the looks of things, the plate owner is a Trekker, but I'd say it's pretty likely that he knew he was pushing other buttons as well. And that would make him an arse.

Did you see the man's name?

Nick Troller.

Now, more seriously, I think that both sides are right: the licence plate owner because it was a reference to a specific situation, the people that complained because not everyone is a Star Trek fan (I'm not) and when someone chooses a personalized licence plate they should remember that they are showing it in public, so they should think about other people and not just about themselves.

Really ?

So you're in favour of censorship then ?

What about clothes ? Are they fair game too, what happens if I think your clothing offends me, you agree you should be banned from wearing it in public and you should think about other people ?

Utter stupidity

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Or maybe they should learn to not GAF.

Like most of the world does. NOT GAF and go on about our days.

I suppose all other people that did not complained followed that rule, but when you make a public statement you should expect all kinds of answers.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Really ?

No, I'm in favour of people thinking that they are not the only people in the world and other people may think in a different way.

What about clothes ? Are they fair game too, what happens if I think your clothing offends me, you agree you should be banned from wearing it in public and you should think about other people ?

I didn't say that the licence plate should be banned, did I? I said that both points of view are right.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Really ?

No, I'm in favour of people thinking that they are not the only people in the world and other people may think in a different way.

I didn't say that the licence plate should be banned, did I? I said that both points of view are right.

If you think like this then yes, you are in favour of censorship

Being offended by something is a choice, not a right

Hell we'd all be walking round in monotone colours and not saying a word if everybody was concerned about offending everybody else

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If you think like this then yes, you are in favour of censorship

No, I'm in favour of people remembering that if they want to live in a group they should remember about other people too.

Being offended by something is a choice, not a right

Exactly, in the same way your reaction to the revoking of the licence plate was a choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There are many ways to be civil, which include not killing each other, eating each other or attacking each other.

It does not and should not extended to freedom of speech or expression

Don't like to hear what someone says ? Walk away
Don't like what somebody has on their car/house/clothing ? Don't look at it

It's really quite simple to avoid things

Now if they chase after you and force it in your face, then yeah, I'll concede that you should have rights to not have it forced upon you, but that's something else entirely different than simply freedom of speech or expression and is more harassment and absolutely nothing to do with the message

This guy though he had a plate on his car he wasn't forcing people to look at it, so why do you agree with those who are offended ? When all they have to do is simply not look at it

You're defending people who make issues where there shouldn't be issues at all and to be honest their type of behaviour borders on Nazi censorship

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
take the PC, socially sensitive, SJW ideology put into practice and legislated to its logical conclusion and you will have a completely bland society with nothing interesting to offer anyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I heard people can catch on fire if they read offensive words. I'm glad the Canadian government is protecting the good people of Manitoba.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This guy though he had a plate on his car he wasn't forcing people to look at it, so why do you agree with those who are offended ? When all they have to do is simply not look at it

A licence plate identifies the car, if anyone wants to identify the car they are forced to read the licence plate.

You're defending people who make issues where there shouldn't be issues at all and to be honest their type of behaviour borders on Nazi censorship

I'm defending both sides, but it looks like you haven't noticed it yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I heard people can catch on fire if they read offensive words. I'm glad the Canadian government is protecting the good people of Manitoba.

It's actually a provincial government call on provincial government property. But it's easy to be glib when you don't have all the facts in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join