It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight's the Night , Joshua v Klitschko ... Place Your Bets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The buildup is finally over and tonight's the night for what will likely be the fight of the year , Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko.

Anthony Joshua the rising star of British boxing who's an Olympic gold medal winner and currently the IBF heavyweight title holder , at 27 he's in the prime of his physical power and hungry for success , he has a professional record of 18 fights , 18 wins with 18 knockouts,

Wladimir Klitschko is a legend of the sport and standing at 6 ft 6 he's a man mountain , with a record of 68 fights , 64 wins with 53 KO's Klitschko is a seasoned campaigner who has worn his 17 year career well , at 41 he's no spring chicken but I believe he has the desire , experience and punch to win the fight.

It's been refreshing to see a fight buildup with none of the histrionics of recent bouts and featuring two professionals with obvious respect for each other , I hope Joshua wins but my money is on Klitschko , either way the sport of boxing has regained some dignity through this fight.

Klitschko 6th round.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
100% on the bookies...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i dont know a lot about joshua and klitch never really did it for me but having said that i think joshua is going to give him problems. i like him for this. he's faster. i like quick fighters.

not to derail and im probably biased cause of the era i grew up in but it would have been nice to have seen klitch mix it up with tyson or holyfield or lewis...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Joshua will win. Olympic Gold Medal Winner is enough apart from he has age and speed on his side!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think Klitschko will tire him out slowly with his annoying jabs. Is there a stream?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes, one of the better things to happen to boxing in years I totally agree.
What a cesspool​ the promoters have made it. Remind me to tell you my Don King stories one day.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Wladimir Klitschko to loose at the time of his choosing so that it matches what he has recorded (prediction) on his Memory Stick and sewn into his robe, which will later be auctioned for charity.

Unless he is in cahoots with Joshua its the only way he can get his prediction anywhere near right

Call me cynical ..... i don't care LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

There's always a stream.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Connor mcgregor or mayweather?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Mayweather

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I put a couple of quid on Klitschko to win by TKO/KO in rounds 7-12. He looks in great shape and sounds like he's in the zone.

Joshua looks a little bit heavy and might struggle with his cardio after four or five rounds. Plus it's a psychologically bigger fight for him and his adrenaline will be pumping more than Klitsch.

A Joshua win would be awesome and I never win fight bets.

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I think they're in cahoots and the fight won't happen. The boys are trolling.

If it did, Mayweather would TKO Connor within three rounds.
edit on 4.29.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Klitz.. thats who Id lay money on .. if I was a betting person. The guy is an animal. He is huge, but fights like a much smaller more agile guy... check out his revenge fight against( for his brothers loss to) Byrd..

Definitely Mayweather. I love Connor, I have a thing for assholish men.. but as far as skill for the little guys : Mayweather.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow !
That lived up to the billing , Joshua wins in the eleventh round , classic fight.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Nice fight. Klitchko's clever style always reminded me Ali. I'll miss it once he retires. However he could finish him so many times with a bit of aggression but again decided not to. He took his time and let the other guy to catch a breath. A younger guy with a higher testosterone.
A no brainer.
edit on 29/4/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: a little improvement

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Yep , Klitschko had Joshuain the sixth but didn't take advantage of it , it cost him the fight.
Apparently it's a two fight contract so expect a rematch.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Mayweather will win but Mcgregor has a small chance and his ability to close distance and move in and out of range is gonna cause Floyd some problems. It's definitely not gonna be the cakewalk people make it out to be.

There's also a part of me that thinks Floyd might take a dive for this one so they can cake up off a trilogy and become billionaires.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Exciting fight. Exactly what boxing needed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
GREAT fight.... but....

remember always, whomever I say is going to win : DONT BET ON THEM. Somehow I curse them... dammit. Just dont listen to me at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Do you really think an average boxer is gonna cause the best boxer in the world problems when the best boxers of the last 10 years haven't even laid a glove on him ???

if Manny pac can't get inside connect and move what chance has a UFC fighter got sorry this will be a money making spar for mayweather

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I finally got around to watching this last night.
GREAT FIGHT
Not quite as great as the commentators would have you think... but given the impact of the fight and the outcome, the drama of the fight itself... great night for boxing.
I was rooting for Klitchko, but I'm glad Joshua won. Lots of good fights at heeavyweight right now.

new topics

top topics

join