It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shelter rescues cat, later realizes it has a special gift for comforting other sick animals

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Radamenes has become a “nurse cat” at the animal shelter. He dedicates his time to nursing other animals back to full health. He has a natural gift for comforting sick and injured animals.

Radamenes kisses, cuddles, and hugs his friends until they recover!

Link to article

This is just too darn cute!! I am of the belief that animals are way more cognitive than some of us give them credit for. Every solid black cat I have ever met have all been complete sweethearts and so affectionate.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Looks like my cat when she was younger. She is very sweet too.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Very sweet. I needed a little "faith" bump this morning!
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thank you.
He deserves some joy too. Maybe a friend that is not in pain. I hope they play with him. No one should spend 24/7 at such exhausting "work"

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Dang, I hate tearing up at work.

Beautiful post and thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wonderful. Cats are amazing animals. People who don't like them have no idea who they really are.

One of my ex's absolutely hated cats, until he met mine. After that, he was never without one.

ETA, last month I had what I believe was some kind of food poisoning. I was confined to my bed for five days. Except to eat, drink, and use his litterbox, my cat was right next to me the whole time and making sure he was touching me, either with his paws or his back.

He's never done that before. They know.
edit on 4/29/17 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

My baby boy Rocky - pure black cat, total sweetheart like this lil guy. Even when the kids are sick, rocky will cuddle up with them.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Stupid allergies.... and onions.

Those pictures are ... I can't even.

I needed to see this. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Loved this and there are similar stories out there as well. Cats are amazing little creatures filled with love and compassion.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Cool pic, although I think some people could stare at a cat for centuries and still see nothing because they have blinded themselves to the reality of how intelligent other animals are in order to comfort their ego and conscious.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Wonderful. Cats are amazing animals. People who don't like them have no idea who they really are.

One of my ex's absolutely hated cats, until he met mine. After that, he was never without one.

ETA, last month I had what I believe was some kind of food poisoning. I was confined to my bed for five days. Except to eat, drink, and use his litterbox, my cat was right next to me the whole time and making sure he was touching me, either with his paws or his back.

I had the chance to tame six feral black cats, one mother and five kittens. They had been found living on a rubbish dump and the vets couldn't do anything until they were used to humans. So we let the kittens have the run of our basement. The mother escaped and then got another kitten to escape. We thought we had lost them both, but they were actually camping in a wild patch of grass beyond our fence. They took to sitting outside our doorstep looking for food, then as the nights got warmer and we left the door open, she took to tucking her kitten up into a basket under a table before she went out hunting, coming back and sleeping in the basket together. All the kittens would sleep in groups of two and three in little "cat tents" made from a sheet put over a stack of plastic chairs and mats. They would hide underneath the various drawers and only come out for feeding time.

Now she is completely tame and the kittens were adopted. The one that escaped now lives with our neighbors across the
road.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michet
"If you put a cat and a bunch of broken bones in the same room, the bones will heal."

And if the bones was a baby bird or cute little bunny rabbit the cat would just torture rekill and eat them.

My cat is a serial killer lol he has a ritual and everything.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Such a great post.

I love stuff like this...

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What a love bug! Glad comfort companion animals exist and believe more animals similar to the OP's cat should be given the chance to do this not only for the help of other animals as shown but to help people more so the same. There was a discussion going on in a thread(trying to recall it) about how a cat's purr can help to heal. So, not only the affection but if the helper cat is purring may help as well. Also, great break in the ongoing doom fests going on.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: 123143

I had the chance to tame six feral black cats, one mother and five kittens. They had been found living on a rubbish dump and the vets couldn't do anything until they were used to humans. So we let the kittens have the run of our basement. The mother escaped and then got another kitten to escape. We thought we had lost them both, but they were actually camping in a wild patch of grass beyond our fence. They took to sitting outside our doorstep looking for food, then as the nights got warmer and we left the door open, she took to tucking her kitten up into a basket under a table before she went out hunting, coming back and sleeping in the basket together. All the kittens would sleep in groups of two and three in little "cat tents" made from a sheet put over a stack of plastic chairs and mats. They would hide underneath the various drawers and only come out for feeding time.

Now she is completely tame and the kittens were adopted. The one that escaped now lives with our neighbors across the
road.

Wonderful. I love to hear it when kitties go to forever homes.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Looks like a real Kitty-Sattva! Truth be told, I noticed many cats are like this. But usually they don't have the opportunity to show their healing vocation the way this cat did, with lots of sick animals around. I hope this one will be able to work as a service animal, obviously she likes to.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yesterday at work I was stocking shelves and around the corner came a man with a German Shepherd. The dog made a bee-line for me and was immediately friendly, encouraging, soothing. Then I saw a tag on him that said "emotional support animal." A service dog indeed.

His name was Sarge, and boy, he was awesome. Just the boost I needed. I hope to see him again.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
oh gosh! what a big heart!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh thank you for sharing such a lovely story.

top topics

join