It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Obamacare is more popular than Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I think we should go to socialized medicine like much of Europe and Canada has. We cannot become a nation that either works for healthcare or supports healthcare. We need to get back on track. Healthcare is becomming a bigger and bigger scam nowadays, with tests that are not needed now at over a quarter of all tests.

Agreed...it's either that or we change the nature of this litigious society...but since lawyers write all the laws, socialized medicine seems better to me. At this point, it's insurance companies that tell doctors what they can charge for specific services...and the insurance companies won't pay a dime more, but they will certainly get the last nickel from that same doctor for his malpractice insurance premiums, which keep increasing.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

If you look at how the insurance companies regulations work, you will find that new changes govern how they get to increase their premiums. They have a certain amount they can charge, up and above what they pay out. There are some stipulations as to what they can allow, but that is not what I am talking about. They get a percentage of profit and overhead above what is paid out, that is what they use to adjust their premium with. I think it is around five percent they add but I do not know what that five percent I read about includes. If they pay out ten million, they get to collect maybe ten and a half million in premiums, they get a raise the more they pay now, that was a change that occurred not long ago. so if they pay out ten billion, they get a half a billion income from their business venture. so this is why insurance costs are rising so fast. Also, the insurance companies are tied to the health of the hospitals. If people aren't paying their bills, the hospital can collect that money from the insurance companies by a code that increases the amount the insurance company pays. So in essence, when someone at a hospital does not pay their bill, the hospital does not lose money, the cost is spread out amongst all insured patients. This was happening before Obamacare, it is a fault of our government not Obamacare.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

. So in essence, when someone at a hospital does not pay their bill, the hospital does not lose money, the cost is spread out amongst all insured patients. This was happening before Obamacare, it is a fault of our government not Obamacare.

I totally agree. It comes down to having a bad business model for medicine. We were already paying for the uninsured...the ACA just makes it a bit less so.

What gets me is the whole insurance issue...you pay for something you hope you never need...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You have to admit Obama has a set. To claim this mess is popular is beyond never talking to "real" people.

What a world it must be to have your group of yes men brown nosing suit racks. Obama is always right and BM's smell of roses.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You have to admit Obama has a set. To claim this mess is popular is beyond never talking to "real" people.

What a world it must be to have your group of yes men brown nosing suit racks. Obama is always right and BM's smell of roses.
Most people do not know they are getting cancer till it is too late. Obamacare is a cancer forming, maybe it will destroy our healthcare system and we will have to start socialized medicine.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think I have a little secret. Our health care "industry" is going bust regardless of ACA or no ACA. It is not based on a realistic and sustainable model. It is based on unbridled crony capitalism.

I am not sure that modern American capitalism and affordable health care can exist in the same universe.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I think I have a little secret. Our health care "industry" is going bust regardless of ACA or no ACA. It is not based on a realistic and sustainable model. It is based on unbridled crony capitalism.

I am not sure that modern American capitalism and affordable health care can exist in the same universe.

Reading the first paragraph of this will tell you about American health care. They do not even try to hide the fact that it is not true medicine they are using. It is the staff of Hermes, the staff of commerce and trickery. en.wikipedia.org...

They taunt the truth right in front of our eyes yet people cannot see it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

All I know is that Obamacare is not affordable at all. I'm in my 50's an probably will die without a decent heath insurance coverage. That will kill me and millions more like me.

Obamacare was made to reduce the population, it's clear. I wanted Trump to get a rid of it not because he could do better, but to not let Obama win against we the people.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I love reading you posts on medical info.

You should do a ask me anything medical thread. The only problem with your info is it makes me spend many additional hours researching.

Yes the medical industry saves people by accident.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I love reading you posts on medical info.

You should do a ask me anything medical thread. The only problem with your info is it makes me spend many additional hours researching.

Yes the medical industry saves people by accident.

I try to make my posts to spurn interest so others will research things too. Group mindset, if we work together there is more chance of uncovering the whole truth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join