It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and logic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

At least Good ole NZ will be safe. It's got Australia to hide behind

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

North Korea leader Kim Jong Un is a dangerous idiot. We wont Nuke North Korea we will surgically strike if China doesnt first and take their leader out. China will then invade and take over the country. They can handle Notrth Korea much better than the US. Hes a jerk who is starving his people now he wants to threaten nuclear missles and chemical strikes against his neighbors. Connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We should actually give North Korea to China as long as they don't occupy the artificial islands they made.

NK is a threat to society in general. That is why we fought the Korea War in the first place. Water under the bridge now. These proxy wars are BS. So here we stand.

We can't do nothing anymore. Giving money/aid didn't work. Holding back money/aid doesn't work. The regime is hell bent on becoming a nuclear power. And that can't happen.

What other option is left??

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
To the title:

"North Korea and Logic"

Look up oxymoron.

20 years of fiddle fart diplomacy, 1.3 Billion in aid, economic sanctions, UN resolutions blah, blah and blah.

20 years of wasted time.

Seems not many consider the alliance NK seems to have with Iran vis a vis nuclear and missile programs.

I suspect this is how Iran doing some of their testing on bombs.

The step from atomic to hydrogen is not as big as many of you may believe, basics is atom bomb is trigger once youve added fuel for bigger thermonuclear reaction.

From my reading on subject engineering/fabrication is challenging rather than physics/technical knowledge.

With this ability NK certainly can and will dictate it's way in regional matters.

Many say NK is no threat to CONUS due long range missile tech and warhead miniaturization.

I disagree due the oft mentioned possibility of launching from tramp freighter(s) off one or several of our coasts. Launch from GOM would only need 1950's level of tech to pull off.

Launching near coast requires much less technical prowess and if burst at altitude requires minimal accuracy to do damage.

I'm not too worried about two satellites as shielding warhead from detection would probably be to heavy with NK's past missiles.

The result of that scenario is high estimate of 90% US death rate one year after the event.

Being cooperative with Iran and taking into account Iran's support of non state actors we could posit someone bat-#$!* crazy enough to carry out something like this, much less NK itself.

Inherent risk outweighs waiting any longer on NK to dismantled it's nuclear and missile programs.

If force is required to accomplish, so be it.

Just finished reading a very in depth book on US command, control and accidents regarding nuclear weapons and from what I glean it'll be a wonder that the NK's don't end up blowing themselves up due lack of safety with design, materials and handling.

We almost did ourselves except for one last "safe" feature a couple of times. One of those was 9MT device.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
what if it was easier than we think to diffuse the situation? lemme just toss this out there:
we know lil Kim loves him some dennis rodman. he has an attraction to that star quality. he also loves the Hennessey. and he only gets riled up when we start threatening to "off with his head".
so trump could use his own star quality (before it's completely gone) and send over some liquor and a handwritten note. cater to his big ole bobblehead. "hey man, let's try this again. it'd be great for both of us."
if you're laughing, just lemme finish... I'm not an idiot. i just "dream things that never were and ask "why not?""
it's the simplest of gestures. it gives those two egotistical a-holes a guaranteed spot in history. and what if it worked?! it's the one approach no one has tried. think think think
OR we just bomb the sh@t out of them. you know...the perfect solution to all the other diplomatic problems we've faced. created. ruined.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join