It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Cyber Warfare Program Against North Korea is Buying Us Time.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually he would call the police and wait the 10 to 20 mins for them to show up

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

In this scenario you are the police, called in when the man threatened to invade his neighbors home. There is no one higher to call in.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So with how much money we spend on weapons ... why is there nothing that can shoot this guy ...

How many trillions dose it cost to make a gun that can shoot from space accurately ... even drone plane w/e make a 1 Oz pice of metal hit a 1 foot target at 2k miles away ... yeah it's not easy ... it's also not 800 billion a year hard tho

If we make this one thing we could stop all war
Just kill off the important people before war

I guess that 800 billion they get this year is better spent not solving that one problem

Or the reality if there's no one to fight we won't give them 800 billion next year

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Yeah because as soon as he dies it will become a Utopia. Orrrr someone else would take his place.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I guess today is one of those days where I am just seeing what I choose to see.

So it is ok for them to hack and do cyber warfare (in the nations best interest) but when a regular Joe hacks them and reveals their crimes,lies and BS(in the nations best interest),thats wrong and punishable??

Ok??

Sorry to go off topic.

Also,I read this morning that Washington has given NK 1.3 billion in aid since 1995

The U.S. also could resume aid to North Korea once it “begins to dismantle its nuclear weapons and missile technology programs,” he said. Since 1995, he added, Washington has provided more than $1.3 billion to the impoverished country.

www.ottawasun.com...

So we snoop on them and give them money??

Soooo dirty!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If someone were to hack our missile systems, it would be considered an act of war. My concern is that Kim will find a way around the hacks and take his anger out on SK, Japan, etc.

I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I don't see a way out of an all-out war (except for a miracle from the Lord Himself). Kim strikes me as the type of person who, when cornered,will take everyone else out just for spite.

NK has enough "friends" who can fix this hacking issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
With all due respect many people here are delusional.

There’s no buying time anymore, the cats out the bag—nuclear weapons are so prevalent soon everybody will have them.

Human beings no longer have a choice anymore. Make real peace or we’ll be soon annihilated.

The only other alternative is the implementation of a NWO type world-wide tyranny of the powerful countries over the world to prevent the inevitable nuclear proliferation.

So there is your choice, annihilation or slavery

This reminds me of the saying "It's better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: markovian

Yeah because as soon as he dies it will become a Utopia. Orrrr someone else would take his place.

I remember the revolution in Iran during the late 70's. Everyone wanted the Shah out and eventually what they got was much, much worse.

Reminds me of another saying "be careful what you wish for.....you might get it."

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune
One of the biggest blunders in US history was allowing the Iranian coup.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

IMO we're using non-violent means of deterring successful launches until the window of opportunity is right for eliminating Kim Jong with the smallest loss of life. Hopefully, only his.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

If someone were to hack our missile systems, it would be considered an act of war. My concern is that Kim will find a way around the hacks and take his anger out on SK, Japan, etc.

I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I don't see a way out of an all-out war (except for a miracle from the Lord Himself). Kim strikes me as the type of person who, when cornered,will take everyone else out just for spite.

NK has enough "friends" who can fix this hacking issue.

After each failed test (failure for him, success for the USA) Kim Jong works feverishly to identify what happened and prevent it from happening again when the next week's test launch occurs. Likewise, the USA Cyber Warfare team is working to keep next week's test from being a success.

North Korea promised to do one test launch every week. It's our brains against theirs. Hopefully we'll eliminate Kim before he's able to start the war you describe.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Cool!

Thanks for the follow through!

Something seems amiss with the missiles. And I would not bet against hacking. But they're using old USSR tech so that may be their problem as well. I don't know what fuel they use either which is why the Nazis gave up on their rocket program. Until they came to the US and got better fuel. So NK may have a fuel problem.

It's not called "rocket science" because its easy!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Actually, keeping the US from having to make a move. Which might be a first strike.

That is why the fact that they fired a scud missile and not an ICBM is good news.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ummmm. The us military also uses windows lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

So it is ok for them to hack and do cyber warfare (in the nations best interest) but when a regular Joe hacks them and reveals their crimes,lies and BS(in the nations best interest),thats wrong and punishable??

I'd rather them be shooting 1's and 0's at each rather things that go boom.

After all the very life of the planet is at stake.

Gotta go green

edit on 29-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You are operating under the, possibly incorrect, assumption that it is the influence of US cyber-war efforts that is causing NK's missile failures.

Simply because a US official would neither confirm nor deny that such efforts exist?

Have you considered the possibility that said official was merely using the ploy of uncertainty to sow confusion and paranoia within Kim's inner circle, or to lend false confidence and assuage fears back at home?

NK is a country that cannot even provide the bulk of its people with reliable electricity on a daily basis; it can't adequately feed its modest population.

And yet we are to believe that they are somehow vulnerable to sophisticated, 21st century weapons like EMP's and cyber-weapons?

Oh, but their military is much more sophisticated than their general public, the military would have the latest and greatest electronic tech; that would be susceptible to cyber attacks?

Military? Latest and greatest?

Shielded, just like ours!

How is it that we always assume that those who oppose us are, simultaneously both more cunning than we are (which is why they are a threat), and not as clever as we are (which is why we are certain to defeat them)?

Talk about delusional!

We had all better hope that NK's string of launch failures are nothing more than the result of climbing a very steep learning curve and have nothing to do with "external interference" of any kind.

It will take as long as it takes for NK to reach the apex of that curve, if they continue to learn from their mistakes. They cannot cheat that process, unless they get "outside" help.

But if we are preventing, by some means, the launch of perfectly functional missiles, the nature of our interference will be determined and counter-measures developed. And that would mean that we would need to develop other measures.

Zero sum.

As was pointed out to me in another thread, if you had an absolutely 100% effective means of defending against ballistic missiles, the last thing you would want to do is to expose the existence of that capability, repeatedly, by blowing up your opponent's test firings; you'd be tipping your hand!

If the US is causing these failures, we're not "buying time",

We're digging a grave.
edit on 29-4-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
So with how much money we spend on weapons ... why is there nothing that can shoot this guy ...

How many trillions dose it cost to make a gun that can shoot from space accurately ... even drone plane w/e make a 1 Oz pice of metal hit a 1 foot target at 2k miles away ... yeah it's not easy ... it's also not 800 billion a year hard tho

If we make this one thing we could stop all war
Just kill off the important people before war

I guess that 800 billion they get this year is better spent not solving that one problem

Or the reality if there's no one to fight we won't give them 800 billion next year

We have spy satellites that can download a live video feed. But even a sniper from 5km away, will have to wait 7 seconds before firing and seeing the bullet hit the target. To fire something from 300km up in space, you are going to have to wait 360 seconds, a good few minutes. Drones like the Reaper are the intermediate solution. They can download video and fire missiles.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

You do realize that having a drone, especially an armed drone flying or loitering in a foreign nation's airspace, without that country's permission, is itself, an act of war, don't you?

How would you respond if, say ISIS tried something like that with your country's leadership?
edit on 29-4-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So...you're expecting us to believe we're hacking & controlling stuff in the most tightly controlled hermit country on the planet, and they're sitting idly by, scratching their asses wondering WTF is wrong with each newly minted round of their scientists?

Come on, they're ass-backward and dense, but not THAT dense.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well, I'd be very disappointed if the North Korean missile failures are due to using old Russian parts and wrong fuel/fuel mixtures.

After trillions of dollars invested in our military and intelligence industrial complex over the past 2 decades, it would be great if the NK failures were our doing. Plus, American ingenuity and compassion for the NK/SK people, are at play in this Cyber hacking initiative too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join