It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Hazmat On Scene Where College Student May Have Been Exposed To opposing Worldview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Friday night light:

BERKELEY, CA—The University of California, Berkeley campus has been evacuated and a hazardous materials team has quarantined the specific location where a college student may have been exposed to a worldview different from her own early Thursday.

According to firsthand accounts, local freshman Cindi Atherton may have come into contact with a non-progressive opinion when she overheard another yet unidentified student espouse a center-right ideal on a social issue. She then collapsed to the ground, yelling for help. “I didn’t realize what was happening until it was too late. I heard everything,” an emotional Atherton said as she was checked into a local hospital quarantine unit. “Please send positive aura and universal thoughts of healing my way.”

The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has become involved and is encouraging caution across the nation’s college campuses. “We advise all college students nationwide to retreat to official campus safe spaces until authorities manage to locate and eliminate the source of this toxic opinion,” CDC director Thomas R. Frieden said in a statement. “If you or a loved one has been exposed, please call our hotline immediately so health experts can tend to you and a hazmat crew can work to contain and eliminate the threat.”

Just found this amusing and thought I'd share. I do wish people could really understand and start hearing each other instead of being offended because their viewpoint is different. Both sides are guilty, I know - open minds are desperately needed.

babylonbee.com...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dear South Park,

Unleash the Kraken.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

I... Iiii...

~ ladies and gentlemen... member Bigburgh has died of a exploded stomach after a day of reading Fyre Festival tweets and now this~

I heard of this earlier today. I realize it's bogus... but.😂😂😂😂😂😂

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That is hilarious. I can't wait for the first response to this OP that takes the article seriously.

To the point however, my daughter is at an Art school in Boston. She's quite liberal in her political views. The day after the election the school actually had counselors with puppies and kittens to pat so that poor kids could get over the election results. My daughter thought it was hilarious. I'm proud of her.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Dear South Park,

Unleash the Kraken.

Kraken, indeed...

Sometimes I fear for my species.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Awesome! You should be proud - open mind and individual thinker! Similar story - liberal nephew at liberal college being inundated with "all white men are racist, mysoginist, sexist, etc." really opened his eyes and mind. He had to write a paper dealing with the subject and wanted to give another (his realistic) viewpoint, but he couldn't because he knew the professor would give him a bad grade! Sad.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Go change a tire already.

Oh, wait , only dirty dirtbag people who get their hands dirty do that kind of thing.

Ewwwwww.....

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I had similar experiences in grad school and that was over 20 years ago. I can't imagine how bad it is now. I don't understand why so much of academia is accepting of this.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Dear South Park,

Unleash the Kraken.

Kraken, indeed...

Sometimes I fear for my species.

We have the upper hand.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I can't imagine how bad it is now. I don't understand why so much of academia is accepting of this.

Unfortunately, it's economics. NO ONE, in most cases, can afford to lose their job. Same story in the media, so don't rock the boat!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

This is FAKE!! C'mon.

We know Berkeley has anti-liberal censors and the perpetrator would've been zapped to death before it could come within 50 yards of a student.

Fake newzzz

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

According to firsthand accounts, local freshman Cindi Atherton may have come into contact with a non-progressive opinion when she overheard another yet unidentified student espouse a center-right ideal on a social issue. She then collapsed to the ground, yelling for help. “I didn’t realize what was happening until it was too late. I heard everything,” an emotional Atherton said as she was checked into a local hospital quarantine unit. “Please send positive aura and universal thoughts of healing my way.”

What a way to end a night.

Best laugh I've had all day.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Trump fan terrorized Kentucky students with machete after complaining about campus mockery of conservatives
www.rawstory.com...

The attacker walked into a coffee shop inside the Glenn Building on Friday morning, asked people their political affiliation, then went on the attack, one witness said. Adkins appears to have a history of publicly protesting what he considered the mistreatment of conservatives on college campuses. Adkins was armed with a machete and knives, Lexington Police Chief Mark Barnard said. The various weapons were in a bag, police said later. Adkins made verbal threats to students and staff in the building and struck two women, according to police.

www.kentucky.com...

Man arrested in Transy machete attack wrote that he was bullied for being Republican

In November 2015, the Transy campus newspaper, The Rambler, published a letter from a student named Mitchell Adkins who complained that he was harassed on campus because he was a Republican. “Being a Republican in this school makes me such a minority that I’ve had to face discrimination on a daily basis,” Adkins wrote in that letter. “Transylvania is a predominantly Democratic school. I’m always happy to listen to other people’s opinions, but as soon as I give my own, I’m called a ‘bigot,’ an ‘a----le,’ some even go as far as ‘fascist Nazi.’”

www.kentucky.com...

Poor little snowflake, emphasis on the flake.

K~

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I guess if he wanted to go on a rampage, he should have just joined Antifa, huh? The cops wouldn't have touched him.

Damn. Some people just can't take a joke.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

So bullying to the point of inducing suicidal/homicidal thoughts is alright as long as it's against a group you don't like?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Nope, I don't think it's alright, and as an independent I've gotta say it would be nice if both sides of the political spectrum could learn that lesson.

For the last 8 years I've watched conservatives claim that what you describe is not only alright, but that it's hilarious, protected as free speech, and as such (being protected)... it's patriotic. Furthermore, claiming that if some 'snowflake' like Mitchell Adkins does take offense to the point of "suicidal/homicidal thoughts", then that's solely "on him", and he needs to accept personal responsibility for his own thoughts, feelings, and actions.

Now I don't agree with the "patriotic" notion of "bullying to the point of inducing suicidal/homicidal thoughts", or that it's hilarious, but my republican friends aren't wrong regarding such actions being technically legal under free speech in most areas, and that one doesn't have the right to "not be offended" by anyone. Perhaps this young republican 'snowflake' should have followed suit with his generation and gone to the school's admin. to have a republican "safe space" created where he could express his feelings in a healthy manner before he decided to go off the deep end and pick up a machete.

Personally, I long for a day that people could remove the partisan blinders, and abandon both of our two corrupt political parties. Seems that both sides tend to abandon common sense at the door when someone signs up in support.
edit on 4/29/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The way some carry on, that scenario isn't really as far fetched as it might seem!! I have heard someone define fascism as disagreeing with her point of view, on various issues and groups, and claiming that opposing opinions are "violent", and thus it's acceptable to use violence to silence them. The people who speak in that fashion would love to see this sort of response.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Friday night light:

BERKELEY, CA—The University of California, Berkeley campus has been evacuated and a hazardous materials team has quarantined the specific location where a college student may have been exposed to a worldview different from her own early Thursday.

The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has become involved and is encouraging caution across the nation’s college campuses. “We advise all college students nationwide to retreat to official campus safe spaces until authorities manage to locate and eliminate the source of this toxic opinion,” CDC director Thomas R. Frieden said in a statement. “If you or a loved one has been exposed, please call our hotline immediately so health experts can tend to you and a hazmat crew can work to contain and eliminate the threat.”

Just found this amusing and thought I'd share. I do wish people could really understand and start hearing each other instead of being offended because their viewpoint is different. Both sides are guilty, I know - open minds are desperately needed.

babylonbee.com...

S+F

I have the luxury of living in Norway, where things are not yet as out of hand as in the US of A.

Even over here, there is a sharp divide between "right" and "wrong", all propagated by mainstream media.

Actually living in USA among these overly sensitive people with tunnel vision must be exhausting.

I extend my sympathies.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All umiversities will now need to provide students with mobile safe space zones:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Who raises kids to be like this?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join