It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diagnosed Autism Linked to Maternal Grandmother’s Smoking During Pregnancy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

What I find amazing is all the health affects of smoking that were found only by statistical analysis. Never to be found in a laboratory.

I also find that its an amazing coincidence that the more statistical analysis that the government funds, the more reasons they have to raise taxes.

people have smoked for thousands of years. People will continue to smoke for thousands more. What will not stand is the lies and convulsions of the anti-smoking brigade.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The incidence of ASD has increased in recent years, and while some of this increase is undoubtedly down to improved diagnosis, changes in environment or lifestyle are also likely to play a role. The researchers also stress that many different factors, including genetic variation, are believed to affect an individual’s chances of developing ASD.

I guess they could cross-reference countries with high rates of Autism with countries that smoke the most. It could point the way for further studies.

On the other hand, they'd need to compare like with like with regards to means and methods of diagnosis. Perhaps limiting the initial comparisons to countries that use similar diagnostic tools? Would they also include a scoring method for degrees of severity? Anyone with experience knows there's autism and then there's autism. Just tossing out ideas here.

Any progress in identifying causes will be welcomed by families with Autistic offspring.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hmm... awhile back there was a thread talking about something interesting: BREAKING - Lungs Make Blood.

At the time, I wondered about what the implications might be for smoking given this recent discovery.

It seems like this could apply to other inhaled chemicals as well... remember leaded gasoline?

<< 1  2   >>

join