It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Hold a ‘Hunger Strike’ That Doesn’t Include Not Eating

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Actual hunger strikes could be a good thing among students. There are many, particularly among those that identify as feminists, that would benefit massively from not eating for a prolonged period. The morbidly obese that identify as healthy would be among biggest beneficiaries.

You haven't been to some conferences. They lock the doors to stop anyone getting and to sneak off early to the buffet bar. Then there's always the annoying French delegate who decides to get into an argument with the last speaker before lunch. He just picks on the tiniest details like what vwrsion of Windows was used, what size of monitor was used or what brand of memory chips had been.purchased, then proceeds to get into a standing argument for another half hour over which is best.

Fasting for the timescale you describe, would not be long enough to help those who would benefit the most from a period of fasting.
edit on 30-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Whilst I despise these cretins I more despise the people who have enabled this sort of crap to happen, let alone be tolerated..

The future of our countries, yeah right, that's a pretty bleak future..
edit on 1-5-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: Black_Fox

Organize a sit-in for sit-ins. Sit-ins has lost its power and we need to sit-in to bring attention to the matter.

Until everyone gets hungry.

A for effort and a participation ribbon minimum for the sit-in.

I would like to participate in your sit-in for sit-ins, will I be allowed to hire a stand-in?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: Black_Fox

Organize a sit-in for sit-ins. Sit-ins has lost its power and we need to sit-in to bring attention to the matter.

Until everyone gets hungry.

A for effort and a participation ribbon minimum for the sit-in.

I would like to participate in your sit-in for sit-ins, will I be allowed to hire a stand-in?

I recommend that you have a backup sub-contract with a stand-in for your sit-in for sit-in stand-in in case he is sitting it out or standing in another line, somewhere.
edit on 5/1/2017 by pteridine because: spelling error

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

ROFLMAO, so the snowflakes have even changed the meaning of "hunger strike" to mean that they can eat... bwahahaha...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Incredible! What the hell is wrong with these kids?

I'd have killed for a free ride to college instead of working 2 jobs, paying rent, utilities, car insurance, medical bills, etc., to pay for books and tuition each semester.

These whiners get a stipend that is more than I was making from 2 jobs and they're symbolically "fasting" because the benefits are not good enough. Oh, the humanity! The Injustice!

I hope those few moments of truly stomach twisting fasting didn't hurt someone!

(The upwind BBQ was trolling at its finest! I nearly spit my coffee out when I read that.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join