It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Hold a ‘Hunger Strike’ That Doesn’t Include Not Eating

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
***UPDATE******

The Yale College republicans started a cookout upwind of the hunger strike.

Gotta make sure they don't get too hungry during all that hard, symbolic work.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Actual hunger strikes could be a good thing among students. There are many, particularly among those that identify as feminists, that would benefit massively from not eating for a prolonged period. The morbidly obese that identify as healthy would be among biggest beneficiaries.
edit on 30-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

***UPDATE******

Can you believe this BS?!

Needless to say, lots of liberals were outraged by the move. For instance, Vice politics writer Eve Peyser said the move was “gross” and “cruel.”

Far-left editor at ThinkProgress Ian Millhiser called the College Republicans “self-entitled pricks.” “Turns out the Yale College Republicans are exactly the kind of self-entitled pricks you would expect them to be,” Millhiser wrote on Twitter, along with a link to a scathing article about the barbeque.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 4 30 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Heh.

It's refreshing to see The Simpsons make fun of both sides here, but especially the SJWs.

edit on 4/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I saw this on the news. I couldn't start a thread for a combination of hysterical, debilitating laughter and a severe rash from my allergic reaction to stoopid. I might need an epi-pen this time.

And no, I'm not triggered... I'm amazed! Does an Ivy League degree mean anything on a job application now? I mean, outside of being a warning not to hire...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Far-left editor at ThinkProgress Ian Millhiser called the College Republicans “self-entitled pricks.” “

Pot meet kettle

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Now I feel the need to organize a sit in for some cause I haven't thought of yet.

But don't worry, you can get up and leave when you want to.

Brothers and sisters, I support your protest against the unwillingness of members of our future ruling class to share suffering and apply the virtue of self sacrifice in order to keep our cherished principles alive..

I'm organizing a flying picket line protest in front of the bar of our local pub. Refreshments will be served throughout the day, widescreen TV is available at all tables, along with free wi-fi and drinks. Together we can fight the decadence that is taking over our society.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: ColdWisdom

Dear god, the future generation are a bunch of pussies.

Have to say, give it about 10 years and the US will be ripe for a hostile takeover by another country.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Actual hunger strikes could be a good thing among students. There are many, particularly among those that identify as feminists, that would benefit massively from not eating for a prolonged period. The morbidly obese that identify as healthy would be among biggest beneficiaries.

You haven't been to some conferences. They lock the doors to stop anyone getting and to sneak off early to the buffet bar. Then there's always the annoying French delegate who decides to get into an argument with the last speaker before lunch. He just picks on the tiniest details like what vwrsion of Windows was used, what size of monitor was used or what brand of memory chips had been.purchased, then proceeds to get into a standing argument for another half hour over which is best.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Damn, this is unfair...

I tried to symbolically go to work today in my shop while watching a bigger TV and sitting in my recliner munching on goodies, but my wife said that wasn't good enough.

It's unfair, I tell you!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They should have paid you for the time that you spent symbolically at work.

And if it was off-hours, that'd be overtime.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They symbolically paid him.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

They should start piping some Thomas Sowell into the hangry crowd.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: ColdWisdom
F#ck these people are all retarded and they are the future of mankind. We are doomed.

They are a small percentage of mankind... luckily

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What a bunch of self-entitled children.

Goodness.

Symbolic hungerstrike...

Gandhi must be amazed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Complaining about 8 wacky students? Seriously? College students always do silly things. Get over yourself little snowflake.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

We are no longer allowed to laugh at the absurd?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I already came to your sit-in; you didn't see me?

Thats ok it was symbolic

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say we are not allowed to laugh at them. Was talking about the OP. He seemed grouchy about this for some reason.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, of course not! If we laugh at the absurd snowflakes, the other snowflakes will call us snowflakes... which would make us snowflakes squared? Is that like a blizzard? Or a whiteout?

And since it's all because they called us snowflakes, wouldn't that make the absurd snowflakes jealous of themselves?

Did I mention I hate snow?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join