It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Hold a ‘Hunger Strike’ That Doesn’t Include Not Eating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
SOURCE

Several graduate students at Yale – who already receive a $30k-per-year stipend, full health benefits and receiving $40,000 a year in free tuition, by the way – have decided they’re unhappy with their school’s union benefits.

Leave it to the snowflakes.

But wait, this is the real kicker:

[T]his particular hunger strike doesn’t actually involve not eating. In explaining the temper tantrum protest, the students said the strike is only “symbolic,” and that students can get up and go get food when they’re hungry.

How did this happen?

How did we regress this much in only so little time?

All I know is, it wasn't an accident. In other words, we have been intentionally subverted.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom
Damn, it really does not get more snooty and arrogant than that. A complete insult to anyone who has ever committed to a legit hunger strike, for an actual worthy cause at that.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
$70 grand plus health benefits.

And going on a hunger strike that really isn't a hunger strike.

That's a special kind of stupid.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Now I feel the need to organize a sit in for some cause I haven't thought of yet.

But don't worry, you can get up and leave when you want to.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Drinking Tab instead of Coke doesn't count as a hunger strike.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Their bravery and courage is overwhelming. This will accomplish a lot.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dear god, the future generation are a bunch of pussies.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Okay if they want to throw temper tantrums instead of studying let them but please revoke all there stipends first and give them to people who actually visit Yale to learn something. A hunger strike without hungering is just stupid. What's next a work strike where you still go to work? F#ck these people are all retarded and they are the future of mankind. We are doomed.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Damn, it really does not get more snooty and arrogant than that. A complete insult to anyone who has ever committed to a legit hunger strike, for an actual worthy cause at that.

I hear that Gandhi used to wait until no one was looking, then he would take a sip of a kale smoothie he had concealed under his garb.

True story.

+1 more 
link   

How did we regress this much in so little time?

Ronald Regan told and warned.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

link   

I think when a cheese burger went over ten dollars at a fast food joint is when I noticed.

Price of a burger, 12 dollars.
Price of a hunger strike that doesn't involve not eating? Priceless.

#GoSnowflakes

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That lying cheating bastard! I always felt something was a bit off about him ...

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've been staging an unpublicized sit in at the White House or the last 12 years. I mean, its purely symbolic, as i've never been to the white house. Which, incidentally, is what i protesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They can go eat a ____.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just thought of something!

If I was a homeless person living near Yale, I could go participate in this hunger strike and I would probably get fed for it. Ironically, I would be solving my hunger problem!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

#HungerStrikesMatter

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This a perfect time to bring back the Draft...post 1971.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

This a perfect time to bring back the Draft...post 1971.

No!

I was just thinking that the only way to escape these snowflakes would be to join the military. So we certainly can't allow the snowflakes to infiltrate our armed forces.

edit on 4/28/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Finally, someone who actually understands our pain and real issues. I vote Weird Al 2020!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I take no stance on why they are protesting because I know too little. But for people the same type of individuals that would have us learn 70 new pronouns because the old "binary" gender pronouns are insensitive Link, or that would tell us only whites can be racists link, to call this a hunger-strike is remarkably inconsistent and ignorant. Then again, it is the Ivy league, so either a bunch of in-bred blue bloods or another group.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join