It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea 'test-fires ballistic missile'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Seems to me everything was fine and dandy until Trump got elected. Now NK is a problem?

Funny how many "problems" we seem to be good at inventing for ourselves.

WHAT!?!?!

qz.com...

The world has been on pins and needles over North Korea for 11 years, since their first nuclear test. That's WHY they're dealing with massive UN sanctions. The only thing that has changed is that China is finally sick of Kim's crap and showing signs that a joint effort between the US and SK to eliminate the threat wouldn't receive the Chinese backlash and horror it would have in years past.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It seems an obvious move for the 5 permanent members of the UN security council, the world's biggest arms dealers, to assure that NK cannot test missiles, etc. These countries get to control warring in the modern world.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am sure nobody would care he was testing missles if the fat little # wasn't threatening to Nuke half thecworld every few days.

You dont give a gun a to a crazy person.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You dont give a gun a to a crazy person.

So, you're in favor of gun regulation?

edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What sickens me the most, is that this Kim dude had a western education but insists on keeping on his fool father's path, he could slowly open his doors, to care about his people and not just his own belly and his elite friends, he could still keep his power but provide real aid to his countrymen, instead he just keeps going on a narrow minded path of futile provocations and a semi-global isolation (yes, because he makes business with the Chinese and possibly Russia too).. *ick!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Phage
The UN dictates sanctions to NK - that is akin to the Devil telling Beelzebub he cannot fart.

Those sanction aren't worth the paper they're written on as long as China is supposed to be the ones 'enforcing' them.

link   

Yeah. Only a idiot would willing give a gun to violent bcrazy person.

link   
a reply to: SR1TX

You're kidding right? We were doing paper war games with the State and City of Honolulu in the late 90s, planning what taxiways and runways we'd close down in case we had to send a response to Korea.

North Korea has been on the radar for as long as I can remember.
edit on 4/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Depends on who's involved. If the US hits Kaesong and then levels the Palace of the Sun and Ryongsong and drops a few penetrators on government buildings in Pyongyang, the war will be over for us. Don't ever put an American boot on the ground. Just take out the artillery and strike deep in the heart of the government from the air, open the gates to the DMZ and let the South do their thing, and inform China that the northern border (specifically ensuring a mass exodus doesn't happen) is up to them. Hell, that's why China has 150,000 troops now on that border in the first place.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Moved goalpost.
You added violent.

I don't think Kim is crazy, btw. Dangerous, yes.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Those sanction aren't worth the paper they're written on as long as China is supposed to be the ones 'enforcing' them.

Where does it say that China is supposed to enforce UN sanctions?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They would want to hit the enrichment facilities, too.

The problem is there isn't any attack the US can put together right now that guarantees Seoul wouldn't suffer severe casualties. I don't think that matters much el Trump... But you can bet it matters to Seoul and the US troops on the southern border of the DMZ.
edit on 28-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: sp gr

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sooo, are they now going to start upping the numbers for new recruits in the military, "just in case"?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's the Chinese fuel imports that are being restricted, eh? And there's that whole bit about China vowing to enforce the sanctions in the UN?

The coal loophole

Beijing vows to ‘fully enforce’ UN sanctions against Pyongyang, despite being ‘friendly neighbour’

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Since the Korean War. That was way before my time.

Then the cold war, Mao, and the USSR. Yup, been on the radar since then.

I wish KJU would actually keep it OFF the radar! Lol. Some here never lived through parts of the Cold War so this is "news" and can be really scary to them. I forget that sometimes. Like a couple months ago when a member mentioned that they had never listened to The Kinks! Being a guitar nerd and musician fan boy I forget that not everybody is that way (like me).

Glad this latest test failed.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

You seemed to be saying that China has been violating UN sanctions against Korea. You seemed to be saying that enforcing sanction was the responsibility of China more than any other UN members.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Seriouzsly, i have to agree with your prev. poster
'Trump' the 'Amin' have stoked this one up on their own

The 'NK problem' has been bubbling along for yeears
the tacit agreement being that left alone,
largely observed, and humanitarilly aided as needs be
will invevitably fade into oblivion

Who's dog's tail is being wagged ?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My eleven year old son just heard this story on the news.
He came up to me and asked if 'we will still be alive' if North Korea attacks us'.

I told him that we will be just fine.

link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm glad we never had to do it, but God handling the response would have been a hell of a thing. We would have taken over half the airport to have enough room to park everything. The first 24 hours would have been quiet, then half the TacAir in the US would have landed on our heads, with one tanker for every 4-6 of them.

link   
There are reports now that the missile exploded over land. US official tells CNN

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join