It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea 'test-fires ballistic missile'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Understood. Thanks. Guess we need more pieces of the puzzle to be put in place to know what China's end-game is. I think we should just up and leave. Let China and Japan handle Kim Jong.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

AFTER the smoke clears yes.
MY theory pertains to the smoking portion of this conversation specifically.

Thats just my point....China isnt going to step in and help NK, that was a situation you leveled earlier......China is behind our intervention......and Russia most likely is, or will be too, as Russia is also an ally and they stand to gain from the region as well.......

You cant tell me those negotiations have not been addressed .......IMHO the only clock ticking now is HOW to depose the leadership........

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Understood. Thanks. Guess we need more pieces of the puzzle to be put in place to know what China's end-game is. I think we should just up and leave. Let China and Japan handle Kim Jong.

Well, China has always quelled that regimes BS, they are pretty tired of it.......again like ive said , I feel like they are just waiting for the right person and right time to strike a deal to make it happen thats beneficial for them.....

Japan is an ally and one thats at odds with China, so thats dicey.........

My gut feeling is that we will do something soon to remedy the regime in NK......but I could very well be wrong, as I often am......

My ONLY hope is that more of our boys dont lose their lives, and SK is spared the tip of the spear.........

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It has nothing to do with them being able to defend themselves that has China upset. That radar system gives South Korea a good look into Chinese territory, possibly into some areas that they don't want seen.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

There's the matter of the mutual aid pact China and North Korea have as well.

“While the mutual defense treaty obligates China to come to North Korea’s aid in times of war, no one believes that China will fulfill this obligation,” said Zhang Baohui, a professor of political science at Hong Kong’s Lingnan University. “The Chinese government has not mentioned this treaty for a long time.”

Link

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

There's the matter of the mutual aid pact China and North Korea have as well.

“While the mutual defense treaty obligates China to come to North Korea’s aid in times of war, no one believes that China will fulfill this obligation,” said Zhang Baohui, a professor of political science at Hong Kong’s Lingnan University. “The Chinese government has not mentioned this treaty for a long time.”

Link[/quo te]

Interesting, thank you for sharing that......I hadnt read it!

Deals with the devil and all that eh?

Maybe some credibility to my hypothesis after all.......

(Not sure why this didnt format right?)

edit on 5/2/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I find your analysis quite insightful on the subject and score it high on the range of possible outcomes.
edit on 2-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
delete somethings broken in the posting apparently

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: AnonyMason

Scuds can carry chemical or biological payloads which NK has. They can also be fired at ships.

I wonder if the scud was "assisted" in break up in anyway shape or form. Like one of those kick @ss Lockheed lasers???

I am sure some recovery team is on the way so what the real threat can be ascertained.

Absolutely. It's a point that's often overlooked by people who only think missiles are good for delivering nukes.

I'm not sure about the break up. I would love for the Navy to claim credit for that and say ' Oh by the way LaWS (Laser Weapons Systems) are fully tested and working'... Haha, suck it Norks. The Marines are also testing GBAD (Ground-Based Air Defense Directed Energy On-the-Move)... Our pals at Raytheon and Lockheed are always coming up with the good stuff. How i would love to be cleared for Skunkworks for just one day...

I was just about to suggest this, mix and match left over Reagan star wars era mirror sat ideas with the modern high power laser technology (easily ship borne) and you can pop the red balloon with in visible light arrows (a lot of people have the misconception that fricken laser beam are all red and need to be bolted on to sharks)

IMO. though I think NK is more likely to slide one of their subs up to Catalina or the Gulf with a device on board for a suicide mission, rather than a missile attack,should they decide to strike first.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I find your analysis quite insightful on the subject and score it high on the range of possible outcomes.

Well if im honest? It would be the best possible outcome for everyone.......

If we were to establish ourselves there and push SK to take over that GOV and unify the Koreas (even though that would be awesome) I feel like that would create more potential conflict in the region......

That area has been divided so long that even IF China did take over, it would STILL create a far better economy and outcome for the people of NK , and allow for AT LEAST the travel of people from NK to SK and allow the area to prosper.....

For the US and its allies to go in there and try to take over, we would be in an even more drawn out conflict that would reek havok on NK and SK and their economies, which , honestly as drawn out as we are across the globe? We couldnt win and would just cause more destabilization.......

To me its the best avenue at the moment.........

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kountzero

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: AnonyMason

Scuds can carry chemical or biological payloads which NK has. They can also be fired at ships.

I wonder if the scud was "assisted" in break up in anyway shape or form. Like one of those kick @ss Lockheed lasers???

I am sure some recovery team is on the way so what the real threat can be ascertained.

Absolutely. It's a point that's often overlooked by people who only think missiles are good for delivering nukes.

I'm not sure about the break up. I would love for the Navy to claim credit for that and say ' Oh by the way LaWS (Laser Weapons Systems) are fully tested and working'... Haha, suck it Norks. The Marines are also testing GBAD (Ground-Based Air Defense Directed Energy On-the-Move)... Our pals at Raytheon and Lockheed are always coming up with the good stuff. How i would love to be cleared for Skunkworks for just one day...

I was just about to suggest this, mix and match left over Reagan star wars era mirror sat ideas with the modern high power laser technology (easily ship borne) and you can pop the red balloon with in visible light arrows (a lot of people have the misconception that fricken laser beam are all red and need to be bolted on to sharks)

IMO. though I think NK is more likely to slide one of their subs up to Catalina or the Gulf with a device on board for a suicide mission, rather than a missile attack,should they decide to strike first.

I dont think the US would ever be a target, they cant get there, it would be better for them to absolutely DECIMATE SK and kill millions than it would be to try and hit the US with anything.......

That would play better in their hands on the world stage , and strategically , than trying to hit the US, that would be a death sentence and China and Russia would abandon them at that point

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

Naw, for one thing their subs can't make it here, and another, they are just rattling sabres about attacking the US, it's not their goal.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

AGAIN diametrically BACKWARDS perception.
THATS why I can't trust you.
China will attack, not NOT aid them.
The act is singular and will exclude us accept as reserve or a BLOCKING force...I forget who's THERE now but WE can handle it ,once they blow the barriers anyway we will PLASTER their gun emplacements after we kill ADA ,like Desert Storm but more infantry attacks and THIS time the bad guys can fight .I don't know if you've been there I was in Camp Stanley,the should HAS a plan they will employ biggest worry used to be TUNNELS but it's worked out by now.
THE ROKs are pretty tough if breakable in bar fights.

edit on 2-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

.I forget who's THERE now but WE can handle it

No offense but if you were there, then theres no way in hell you would forget who is present in SK, as opposed to the force in NK.......

I dont care what you trust...........

This is my theory on the most likely scenario...........like another poster stated this isnt 1950.......you said yourself China plays the long game.....

The long game has nothing to do with fighting us in a ground war in NK......

You seem to be bouncing around a bit.....I dont know if its alcohol or just exuberance, but youre getting a bit nonsensical in what youre saying, sometimes agreeing with me and then not agreeing with me at the same time......

Im offering my idea of the most likely scenario, which in no way could be the case, but I am pretty damn sure its more liable to happen than China attacking us if we intervene......the risk does not outweigh the rewards.......hence the meeting with Trump before all this (and im not even a Trump supporter)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

2nd infantry left DECADES ago ,86,the army IS a tad larger than your maritime shock force.
GEEZE, PICK UP the BALL, man.
THEY will take out the NORKS, not us, ON THE GROUND, we will provide indirect and air.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

2nd infantry left DECADES ago ,86,the army IS a tad larger than your maritime shock force.
GEEZE, PICK UP the BALL, man.
THEY will take out the NORKS, not us, ON THE GROUND, we will provide indirect and air.

yeah see now youre talking about invasion tactics which has NOTHING to do with what I was talking about.......I wasnt talking about how we would invade and the PRK.......Im talking about Chinas response.........stop trying to move the goal post here.......

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The EU at this exact moment is doing everything possible and even the impossible to get the US at war with China. That will allow EU domination for another 100 years while China and the US are completely destroyed and heavily depopulated.
Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, New Orleans, Seattle, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Honolulu would be incinerated within 5 hours from the moment war against North Korea (China) starts.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

AS I previously stated...and I GUESS you missed ,SLOW DOWN and read.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

China will wipe there arses with that treaty.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

SIR!
are YOU in fact ..INSINUATING China will abrogate a TREATY of the REVOLITION!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join