It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complexity and Simplicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Complex explanations and simple explanations are often treated as antithetical and antagonistic properties, but in reality, like every "polarity", complexity and simplicity mutually inform one another to make them what they are.

Take the claim "everything is love". It is a simplistic statement, yet to me and many others, it an ontological truth - a fact of reality. It is not just something "in my mind", but the very principle/force which generates coherency, maintains symmetry, seeks complementarity, and creates a material reality.

Look at how my very description has progressed from a simple statement "love is everything", to an explanation that later invokes concepts from physics - such as 'coherency', 'symmetry', 'complementarity', and 'matter'. To a physicist, all of these terms refer to the way things work within a system of coordinates. Coherency, symmetry, complementarity, and matter, are all processes, and all refer to 'ideals' which are contrasted by incoherency, asymmetry, "symmetry breaking", and even antimatter. All things exist as a continuum of relationships with many dimensions, which in living beings, are intricated throughout its structure and function.

This proves to be a difficult thing to handle for many people, because not having a language of their embodied experience (a sort of 'biosemiosis' of interpersonal symmetry/asymmetry dynamics) they just accept, assimilate, and absorb, the mentalities around them which find some sort of compatibility (symmetry, complementarity i.e. meeting a need they have for coherence) which lies within the 'tacit realm' - the realm of your feelings, which in reality are accretions and projection embodied as neural structure responding to external dynamics that 'activate' and 'trigger' their arousal, whereas society at large - so overly focused on external things, creates people with dysregulated feelings which are "made sensible" by primitive rationalization processes that operate towards one 'attractor': feeling pride. Pride, it turns out, is the sine-quo-non for mental and bodily vivacity. Without the enlivenment that comes with the self seeking ways to enliven itself, the body becomes depressed. This is why older people who finish a 'final project' (such as a book) often die right after finishing it: their sense of a 'future orientedness' - a place and goal in the world - has diminished, and their bodies experience less of a metabolic 'zest', effectively placing heart and cells in a different metabolic 'background'.

Complexity and Simplicity are both essential for living and experiencing a sense of wellbeing. A simplistic collapse of all feelings into the provenance of the "moment", as if all of reality - all that matters (understood as an ontological organization of material conditions which is more complex/coherent/stable than a prior state) could be determined by a simply belief that says "only the now matters", necessarily places itself at the whim of the 'butterfly effect'. Dissociation of things that matter - of material organizations that offer a more coherent relationship with the dynamics/meanings around you - gradually destabilizes the internal world of an individual, because acting from the moment necessarily dissociates from any interest in the reason why you feel this way. Not every act deserves this sort of introspection - but only a particular genus of actions which we can place into the category of being motivated by a defensive pridefulness. Anytime logic and coherence shows us to be wrong, and we still persist in our convictions, we are harboring within our ontological 'space' a little idol - a little tiny - very tiny, and essentially unreal - idea that me and my convictions somehow stand as 'more real' than the evidence available to every person who simply attunes to the cause/effect dynamics. Objective reality vs. subjective reality, can be confused and confounded by a metaphysical conviction that the 'now' is more real, that the inchoate feelings I feel indeed have 'no real explanation', but, like the 'primeval chaos' that precedes creation, my acting from an extreme state of whim is more true than one that subjects itself to the rigors of reason.

This sort of philosophy - a popular philosophy amongst the elite - is nothing more than an example of the POWER OF THE SYSTEM to confuse/confound minds, by hiding from their awareness that personal experience generates affective states, which means thoughts like "I hate government", or "I hate other people telling me what to do", have everything and only to do with actual caregiver-infant relationships, that first pass through the depression and shame of not having your needs recognized by others, before a position of "anger" and rigid-authoritarianism and a religious faith of ones own willpower crystallizes in childhood, adolescence etc.

Reality is reality, and reality has little care for what Human myth has to "say" to it. Humans are enveloped by the worlds natural processes, and so it is and will forever be: to want to pretend that your consciousness is really "alien" and "outside" reality, is only to conceal and misunderstand a trauma that has put your representational mind (forebrain) out of sync with its affective mind and somatic body. Thinking is mattering. What we think mobilizes processes within our actual material structure - and so what we think about has ontological significance for brain-function and mental experience.

Lying - not representing things coherently - does nothing but breed a slavery to extreme emotions - a perverse and unruly sexual horniness because sex is placed as the highest good; an impassioned acquisitiveness and belief in a right to property, which generates anger and extreme hatred for people who seek to "steal" their wealth which they have earned - so goes the myth - "by their own intrinsic virtue and prowess". Eventually people like this 'rack up' an ontological list-of-people-whose-death-i'm-partly-or-wholly-responsible-for, and if they are consciously doing this, their antagonism against reality has reached a level of antagonism even against a sense of the sanctity of life. Throughout there is irony and a perverse championing of the irony. They love life and live for the 'moment', yet degrade and devalue their own knowledge of other peoples similar desire and care for living. They act without concern for the consequences to others, because with each act, their internal dissociation of the affects/effects of the act, generates an internal 'defensive' action: an antagonism against the principle of "not to kill". Apathy grows. Carelessness grows. Abuse, Trauma, and a cultish love-for-evil, grows.

This is the complex reality of how Human social processes work, and have worked since the dawn of the Neolithic. What the powerful do - and need to do - to metabolize the consequences of the actions they take to meet some goal (usually maintaining or growing their power) also happens to make them more internally unstable, more prone to "relaxing" their sense of 'realness' to reality, so that reality will not 'strike back' with the information it contains - and holds - for the mind that seeks to hide.

The goals of the green movement, on the other hand - of a move to a 'time beyond work', represent a natural completion of a process that began long ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow, I wish my grammatical ability was better so I could understand what I just read (3 times at that). It seems like there is a fascinating idea in there somewhere. Could you dumb it down from being complex to a little bit simpler?

Is a well balanced sense of pride good?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Great post! I love the effort. I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at but I will agree with it.

I've been resonating with the idea that at every scale of physical law, there are rogue waves that rise up crossing the boundaries of mathematical context causing experimental errors or violations to our convention way of thinking.

The same is probably true with ideas in society. Ideas are like waves of energy rising and falling and every now then a convergence cause a climax result that would not otherwise be expected. For example, like Trump getting elected is rogue wave idea.

edit on 28-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this and not sure I had enough time to make and babysit a thread.

The article is about colloidal solutions disturbed out of equilibrium making complex patterns and exhibiting behaviors of complex organisms. They are demonstrating complexity arising from simplicity. Not exactly the same as your OP but it does kind of dovetail to it. Give it a read when you get a chance.

And
on trying to get the word out on being emotionally... uhm, motivated??... by TPTB. Every reminder helps keep your thoughts in focus. Instead of knee jerk reactions to feed that emotional angst created, take measure, ask, "Why am being made to feel this way?" Very helpful advice!

ScienceDaily.com - No, complex is not complicated -- it is rather simple.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Great post! I love the effort. I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at but I will agree with it. ..

This person is wrapped up in his or her own theory of mind and ontology that often contradicts and doesn't seem to relate..I've been watching this for a while and more than an actual theory, it seems calculated to elicit a particular annoyance response from some troll that was on this message board a long time ago who I think might've been up to some rough trade if you know what I mean (nudge nudge). I've tried to get him to move on (this troll group of trolls or whatever has since moved on) but he doesn't seem to be taking the hint. He's more interested in how the tune or pitch of his words might annoy this particular piece if gutter you know what@$ than what the heck he really pretends he means he says. The other theories are are just that. Bogus.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think my sig pretty much sums it all up. I have been saying that for years...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Great post! I love the effort. I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at but I will agree with it. ..

This person is wrapped up in his or her own theory of mind and ontology that often contradicts and doesn't seem to relate..I've been watching this for a while and more than an actual theory, it seems calculated to elicit a particular annoyance response from some troll that was on this message board a long time ago who I think might've been up to some rough trade if you know what I mean (nudge nudge). I've tried to get him to move on (this troll group of trolls or whatever has since moved on) but he doesn't seem to be taking the hint. He's more interested in how the tune or pitch of his words might annoy this particular piece if gutter you know what@$ than what the heck he really pretends he means he says. The other theories are are just that. Bogus.

I see your point. The Universe is big and full of contradictions. If we had a clockwork Universe with hard determinism I would totally agree with you. The thing is even the most offset point of view may actually contain a few grains of truth. For him at least it makes sense. For most people, just writing down what they actually think hurts so bad they never do it and just let other people tell them what to think. You may not agree with Astrocyte's theories, but at least he HAS theories. At least he's not a sheeple sponge.

edit on 28-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

at least he HAS theories. At least he's not a sheeple sponge.

Haha...well I'm not going to argue with you there, but ppl have theories I guess I can only hope that they put them to good use..the ppl on the other end of the theories being verifiable ppl and actually in knowledge of or concordance with.. this person. oh well-

(cheers))
edit on 28-4-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join