It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Best Psychedelic Songs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Dude! Your avatar pic is amazing!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wooden ships on the water

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
White Zombie - Black Sunshine ft. Iggy Pop

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"The Lord Is A Monkey" is there.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Cheers thanks...

To anyone under 50yo, the "Psychedelia" period really only lasted between 1967 -69 (at a stretch).

It was more experimental music in a way, usually credited to the Beatles St. Peppers of 67.

The Genre was in the Hippy drug experimentation, Tune in Drop out, times of anti establishment, anti war (Vietnam of course), anti Atomic bomb etc.
And everything the young did and not the old........V8 muscle cars took off, and even young people conscripted to the carnage, listened to this way out music.

It was a time of hopeful change and long lasting Peace, Love and lazy Sunday afternoons.....

As we know 50 years later, it hasnt really turnout as dandy as people seemed to hope....But still...We haven't had a 3rd World War.......so far.
The sad part is, all the corporate high ups and Law, and Politicians, around now, were from this era.........What Happened to their peace and love and non greed??
edit on 28-4-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Infinite O'Clock by Ken Nordine

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"Finally, nothing moves"

I'm in love with Sean Yseult. Not exactly psychedelic but totally in class of its own.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

It can't be said any better than what you just said!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
DJ Food w/ Ken Nordine - The Aging Young Rebel

Crazy Downtempo / Big Band (?) tune.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From a Film As Art perspective Surreal and Psychedelic are interchangeable, so I apply the same ethos to music as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Cheers thanks...

To anyone under 50yo, the "Psychedelia" period really only lasted between 1967 -69 (at a stretch).

It was more experimental music in a way, usually credited to the Beatles St. Peppers of 67.

The Genre was in the Hippy drug experimentation, Tune in Drop out, times of anti establishment, anti war (Vietnam of course), anti Atomic bomb etc.
And everything the young did and not the old........V8 muscle cars took off, and even young people conscripted to the carnage, listened to this way out music.

It was a time of hopeful change and long lasting Peace, Love and lazy Sunday afternoons.....

As we know 50 years later, it hasnt really turnout as dandy as people seemed to hope....But still...We haven't had a 3rd World War.......so far.
The sad part is, all the corporate high ups and Law, and Politicians, around now, were from this era.........What Happened to their peace and love and non greed??

Oh my God! 1968 - 1969 is so my target year for time travel!!!! I was going to pick White Rabbit but someone else did. Inna Gadda Da Vida is my all time favorite from that period. Such a cool time.

How come I didn't change! LOL!

edit on 28-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

It seems you missed the Second Revolution, which involved a long list of 'stuff', supercharged by as many flavors of electronic music as all other music genres combined. It got going full swing by the mid 90's, a couple decade period really... that technically never ended (read on). You wont hear about it on the corporate mind control radio, but it was for reals then, and has spawned an ever growing "Electronic Dance Music" festival scene coast to coast every year, now. International!

I haven't even gotten into 'proper' electronic music hardly in here, but this idea we're only talking about summer of love rock n roll tunes, half of which was and still is mainstream radio music, is absurd from my view.
edit on 28-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Amon Tobin (a pioneer of modern experimental musick scenes [Downtempo, IDM, etc, etc hard to really pin a genre label on him])

Here goes a brilliant visual effects stage show (he's inside it) crafted specifically for that set, the likes of which are half the game now at these EDM festivals (amazing technology the past decade been being developed for stage visual effects). With extras (Making Of, etc) in the second half:

edit on 28-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Randomly pick any 3 songs from Frank Zappa.

edit on 28-4-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Check out "Adventures in Prime Number Land" thread in Sci and Tech forum for a larger pic! My post is near the end.

And yes to Zappa!!

The swirly echoes in that BHS song are trippy then the subject matter/lyrics... makes laugh!

Add, Sonic Youth's, "Eric's Trip" to the list

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

Kenny Rogers & The New Edition - Just Dropped In (What Condition My Condition Was In)

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

And I'll sneak one more in there...
Pink Floyd - Echoes

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"He took a face from the ancient gallery and he walked on down the hall"

"The West is the Best"

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Beatles, "A Day in the Life" has got to be near the top of the list. The Sgt. Pepper album was the first CD my parents ever purchased. I must have listened to it 100 times as an 11 year old. Had no idea what Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was about but I dug it. The so called "Dream Sequence" at 2:50 in "A Day in the Life" used to trip my young mind out. That whole album did, really.

"Found my way upstairs and had a smoke, somebody spoke and I went into a dream...."

The Beatles
A Day in the Life
youtu.be...
edit on 4 28 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
No Led Zeppelin??

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join