It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL - U.N. says 'deeply troubled' by Arkansas executions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is what I can't figure out:

People fight for doctor assisted suicide, but it's cruel to basically do the same thing to execute someone.

I know right?

Usually the same damned people as well!

I still do not understand why we don't just execute people with morphine.

carfentanil is better, that stuff can kill a elephant . Its 10000 times stronger than morphine

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: ketsuko

No,

25 years of appeals is a joke, sir.

Putting someone to death for absolutely, without question, murdering multiple individuals..including attempted murder of the child born to the mother he murdered with a COFFEE MACHINE CHORD..is common sense.

Nature understands this, people don't,

Ah, I misunderstood where you were going with that.

Yes, the appeals system is crazy. There does, however, need to be an appeal mechanism of some kind because there have been those who have been wrongfully convicted.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wouldn't bother me in the least if they just tied a bag over their head.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I'd rather be quickly beheaded than slowly poisoned.

But yes the hypocrisy is strong on this one.

Bullets never expire

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was listening to the CBC earlier, and the daughter of the man executed last night, had set up a crowdfunding page to be able to raise enough funds to go see her father for the last time - His execution.

Well the daughter of the man, that the accused murdered, told her family about the soon to be executed mans daughter.
So they did something that most wouldn't even consider. They reached out to the daughter and paid for her to go see her dad, to say good bye. Now the daughter of the executed man, and the murderd mans daughter have been talking and became friends.
She even went as far as petitioning for the soon to be executed mans exemption from the death penalty.
Unfortunately the state of Arkansas NEEDED to use the lethal injection drug before the expiration date - the end of this month.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well I can see their point, vaguely.

I'm strongly in favour of the death penalty. Some people should just be gotten rid of. Either their crimes are so severe no other action is justifiable or rehabilitation is impossible.

However if given the choice death by lethal injection wouldn't be mine. I'd prefer just to be shot in the back of the head.

Although I don't think people who commit crimes worthy of death deserve any say in their method of execution.

Though it is quite laughable that the UN has the gall to call out America on this, considering Saudi Arabia is on their human rights council, especially given the fact Saudi Arabia stones women to death for being raped.
edit on -050006pm4kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You do know the UN is an organisation supported by, but separate from those countries, with mostly human rights lawyers working there?

Besides you basically say the US is exactly on the same level as the countries you listed, was that intentionally?

Assisted suicide is helping terminally ill people. Death penalty is the state deciding who gets to be killed.
You see no difference? Because I see a huge one.

It's still the same method, isn't it?

Except you have an actual person holding a syringe and injecting you rather than someone hitting a button.

Only the reason for the termination is different. Which is not what the UN is arguing.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

LOL - if we lined up all the countries on the planet from 'worst to their citizens' through to 'best to their citizens', the US would be relatively close to the 'best' end.

I could name 10 countries off the top of my head, from both M.E and Africa, that make the US look like barbies palace when it comes to respecting the value of human life.

The UN is like Antifa - they both have an agenda to destroy the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This is what I can't figure out:

People fight for doctor assisted suicide, but it's cruel to basically do the same thing to execute someone.

Well...assisted suicide is a personal life choice made by terminally ill patients so they don't suffer, as they are dying regardless of what happens. So...the difference is pretty profound.

My feelings are, if they don't want to be forced to die against their will, they might want to think about that really hard before they decide to end someone else's life against theirs. Having said that, doing a rush job and publicizing that it's to keep from running out of euthanasia drugs is just in really poor taste. Hopefully they didn't tell them they were killing them quick so the drugs didn't expire, but I have serious doubts about that. Either way, not sure what the UN has to say about it...seems they are sticking their nose in quite a bit lately.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Mmm, ya I guess that makes sense if the inmate is asking to be killed??
Anyway..very hypocritical

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You do know the UN is an organisation supported by, but separate from those countries, with mostly human rights lawyers working there?

Besides you basically say the US is exactly on the same level as the countries you listed, was that intentionally?

Assisted suicide is helping terminally ill people. Death penalty is the state deciding who gets to be killed.
You see no difference? Because I see a huge one.

The point is that using the drugs to execute them is what makes it cruel.

But doctor assisted suicide is using drugs to kill someone.

It doesn't matter whether someone wants to be killed or not. If drugs are a method of death that is cruel, then they will be cruel no matter what the reason is for their use.

The cruelty comes in when the prison does stupid things like tell people they're rushing executions because of an expiration date on the drugs. Lethal injection by itself isn't the issue. It's how the inmates are treated that is an issue.

You think if someone chooses to die of their own free will rather than suffer and have their loved ones watch them suffer needlessly, and requests drugs to end their life that the physician complying with that request is being cruel?? Have you ever watched a terminal patient die in front of you before, slowly and in intractable pain? Now that is cruelty.

You're trying to equate two things that have nothing in common, and aren't even performed the same way, from two totally different types of life paths. It is not the same. Nowhere close. When people are suffering in so much pain that no medicine can relieve it, assisted suicide is a blessing. Lethal injection is a clinical procedure.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Maybe we should do like they do, Public hanging and beheading for everybody to see.

Who needs lethal injections when we can do the hanging and the beheading on the town square and then leave the carcasses for days so people learn their lessons.

After all Saudi Arabia favorite place for public executions is Deera Square is a public space in central Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in which public executions occur, usually by beheading.

Just this month the condemn a man to death for being and Atheist.

Atheist sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia

gazette.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Every single court case I have heard argue that lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment does so on the reasoning that the drugs and method cause undue pain and suffering in putting the inmate to death.

The cases do not argue that it's wrong to terminate the prisoner's life in general.

You are arguing that it's wrong to terminate the prisoner's life against his or her will and that's the cruelty, not the method of termination.

The point is that when every court case argues that the drugs can't be used because they, the drugs, cause pain, making them cruel, then how are we to let someone choose to terminate their own life by lethal injection? After all, if the drugs are too painful for death row inmates, then they should be too painful for terminally ill patients.

If they aren't too painful for the terminally ill, then they aren't too painful for a method of execution.

The idea that executing someone might in and of itself be cruel is a separate argument to whether or not lethal injection drugs cause too much pain and are therefore cruel.
edit on 28-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
does anybody even take the U.N. seriously anymore?

the U.N. has been infected with a terminal case of political correctness that makes the political correctness in the U.S. look absolutely medieval.

I`m still waiting for the U.N. to appoint the confederate states of America to their council on negro rights.

seriously, why is the U.S. still even supporting this shame of an organization called the U.N.?

The U.N. is an insult to the intelligence of every human being who has an I.Q. above 60

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Maybe the U.N. can offer to 'resettle' these model citizens as 'refugees' in a peace loving European country. They could give them free housing, free food and unlimited soft targets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join