It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would argue Reagan had it much easier than Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Back in Reagan's time it was the Cold War and both parties were in lock step. They could not afford to infight when they got USSR at their doorstep. Now it's all peace so both parties are infighting. It's like in Libya. When they were fighting Gaddafi the rebels were in lock step. After that they infight. It is always efficient when there they are confronting a threat. But in peace there is complacency and no sense of urgency.

Back then every family had an affordable house with a great lawn. But now the young generation don't have money for that and they rent in high rises. This is again the difference between the Cold War period and today. Great work ethic and efficiency compared to complacency and lack of urgency.

edit on 28-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Dude, you gotta stop with these threads. Every day you author a thread that's merely an opinion stated as a fact and offer no evidence from outside sources to justify your opinion.

That's called a tweet. And this isn't twitter. Do you ever wonder why you get such few stars?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Is the government of today as efficient as the government of the 1980s? I say no way. Back in the 80s movies were still good, music was still good, lots of military procurement. Today there isn't anymore. That's contrast between Cold War efficiency and today's environment.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reagan got shot.

Good hell.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Under Regan we had a united country with a landslide election. We have a much higher concentration of idiots these days.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Kids get more stupid every year.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
After Nixon, Ford, and Carter, the bar was set pretty low. Bonzo would have had it easy.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
After Nixon, Ford, and Carter, the bar was set pretty low. Bonzo would have had it easy.

And as for that whole "the entire country voted for him"...the alternative was Walter Mondale. The guy had all of the charm of a depressed AmWay salesman. Many people stayed home in '84.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

What did AmWay ever do to you? Elitist!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

LOL!
You almost made me lose beer.

No, an elitist would claim that ketchup is a perfectly good vegetable for the poor.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Trump couldn't ask for it being any easier being that the GOP has the majority!!!!! Come on with these nonsensical excuses!!!!
edit on 28-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

LOL!

No, an elitist would claim that ketchup is a perfectly good vegetable for the poor.

You know Reagan actually did that? In public schools, ketchup counted as a vegetable. I think he took so much criticism for it, it didn't last long. I didn't like him much after that though.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

LOL!

I thought a tomato was a fruit?

new topics

top topics

join