It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fyre Festival turned out to be a massive scam and the visitors are now trapped on the island

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A supposedly real tweet from Ja Rule. I doubt it is real but damn i wish it was.

The tweet got deleted. Weird.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Oops the 250k is just a typo. Someone on Twitter paid 25k for a ticket. My bad sorry.

25K, that must have been for the scented lube option.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your link just goes to #fyrefestival. What tweet? Screenshot, please?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It got deleted. So does that mean it was real? Hmm interesting. The now deleted tweet stated that the Fyre Festival was a social experiment to teach the rich spoiled kids a lesson.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Nah, not even Ja Rule would be that stupid to publicly state that in face of the lawsuits ahead. Probably a joker.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Nah, not even Ja Rule would be that stupid to publicly state that in face of the lawsuits ahead. Probably a joker.

Yeah you're probably right and turns out that Blink 182 dropped out pretty quick too. This is getting weirder by the minute.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is just awesome. The festival started unexpected.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

twitter.com...

LOL! Oh that just kills me.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It got deleted. So does that mean it was real? Hmm interesting. The now deleted tweet stated that the Fyre Festival was a social experiment to teach the rich spoiled kids a lesson.

Social experiments do not work that way , you have to consent with the experiment in the first place , otherwise you could rob anyone or harm anyone at any time and call Social experiment in hindsight

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

twitter.com...

Well that just explains everything. The festival that the festival planners were planning and had decided on the dates for WELL in advance just unexpectedly started. Who knew?
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Priceless. The comments.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

twitter.com...

Well that just explains everything. The festival that the festival planners were planning and had decided on the dates for WELL in advance just unexpectedly started. Who knew?

Maybe the festival attendees didn't read the fine print that festival setup was to be a DIY week prior to the actual festival...LOL!

Someone I say on Twitter posted that those tents were actually leftover from some type of disaster relief or something....very fitting.

I have not a single fvck to give for these idiots wasting thousands on a festival....I do have plenty of belly laughs to give though.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I do. It's not their fault their vacation they sunk a ton of money into turned out to be a scam. How would you feel if you went on a cruise or something and after thousands of dollars, scheduling, travel, and all the other headaches involved with starting your vacation you get on the boat and end up trapped there because it was a scam? Just because you don't care about their choice of vacation doesn't mean they deserve this to happen to them or to be laughed at. I will be RIGHT beside you laughing at Ja Rule and the idiots who organized this travesty but my thoughts go out to the people who just wanted to go have a good time and got #ed over.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe the festival attendees didn't read the fine print that festival setup was to be a DIY week prior to the actual festival...LOL!

If i drop 12k on any kind of music fest.... there better not be anything DYI about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Priceless. The comments.

I've never seen so many Spongebob and the Simpsons gifs and memes under one hashtag like #FyreFestival. It's like both shows were made for this kind of thing. It's pretty hilarious.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Twelve grand for a ticket" Who in their right mind would pay even the minimum of twelve grand to go to a music festival. We used to have music festivals around here and camping was free on the site with twenty bucks paying for admission. Now it is different, they charge over a hundred twenty bucks for entertainment and then about fifty bucks a night to put a camper in. Of course you have to buy food or cook your own now, not like it was before when everyone ate brownies to survive.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
the festival started because the people got caught and were forced to come through on their end of the bargain unless they wanted to face serious jail time for fraud and or die. I'm guessing.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why is everyone making this about money and their economic class?

Yes, this is funny and I love a lot of the jokes. But I see too many people laughing about this in a serious none-humorous way and rubbing it off as nothing because it's full of people who could actually afford a ticket and have money.

This is a serious issue and it is very disgusting (both sides (the festival and those who are making fun in a serious way)). No one there deserved this. No one deserves to be stuck in an island without food and water because they just so happen to be living a better life than you because they or their parents made better decisions in life compared to you.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They should rename it! From Fyre Festival to FU Festival!! #FUFestival

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
They should rename it! From Fyre Festival to FU Festival!! #FUFestival

I prefer Dumpsterfyre Festival. It's very fitting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join