It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-day Report Card

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I never lie if I can help it...
WHY?
I couldn't remember WHOM I told what.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I want the same things that you want.

And I'll second all of those things.

I think most people want that. The disconnect, I think, is not what we want, but who we want to do it. I truly don't care if things get done by a dementia-riddled leper, as long as they get done. Unfortunately, I seem sometimes to be alone in that view. Trump good because... Trump? Trump bad because... Trump?

I say no. Trump isn't judged by who he is, but by what he does. That's why I made this thread: to bring issues back into the picture.

Take nation-building. I hate the idea that we spend billions of dollars yearly and the lives of our citizens to tell other nations what to do. That's the whole problem with the Middle East. We have been trying to get Iran to do what we want, at their peril, for decades now. Jimmy Carter did it by hiding a ruthless sadistic leader we put in power after the Iranians took back their government. He set up Saddam Hussein as the Iraqi leader during the Iran-Iraq war to try and get back the hostages Iran took after that coup. Reagan could have broken ties with Saddam and gotten us out of the Middle East, but he didn't. He let the situation escalate until big George's term. That administration took the opportunity to put more troops where they shouldn't be. Clinton ignored the situation again, until Al Quaida.worked themselves up into a frenzy. Li'l George took advantage of that to escalate the situation, using a Jihadist attack as an excuse to destroy the very person we put in charge, for the crime of daring to go against us on energy policy. Obama promised to end the conflict, but his actual contribution was to scatter our troops farther and allow the Jihadists to regroup as ISIS, now emboldened by the lack of a stable government in Iraq.

Carter (D), Reagan (R), Bush (R), Clinton (D), Bush (R), Obama (D)... 20 years total under 3 Republicans and 20 years total under 3 Democrats. An even 50-50 split. And we're still fighting a war that we announced in 2001 and started in 1978! Worse, we're still arguing over which party we want to lie to us about it!

Issues matter. Who handles the issues does not matter in the slightest.

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join