It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-day Report Card

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wasn't happy with the healthcare mess either. Not what I signed up for. That's why I listed it a 'C'. Had he signed it, it would be a 'D' or lower. You'll notice I gave the Congress (GOP) a 'D-' on healthcare.

I'm not convinced Trump was really supporting it fully. He talked a good game, but his actions weren't very effective. I think he knew it wasn't getting past the Senate, but wanted to teach the House a lesson by letting them fail.

But, hey, that's what this thread is about: individual perception.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The healthcare I covered above.

The tax plan... looking at it from the perspective of a static GDP, you're right. It's insufficient. I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of a dynamic GDP. Would I rather have 39% of 10 trillion or 25% of 20 trillion? I'll take the 25% any day.

Only time will tell if the dynamics will work out as Trump expects, but we definitely need more money free to provide jobs IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

His income comes from his assets. I assure you he's not moonlighting as a waiter.

As to LLCs, they're there to provide protection, not privacy. An LLC is less private than a sole proprietorship; they can be audited in any court case to ensure the principle has not broken the corporate veil.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You forgot to mention the Wall Street and Big Business friendly tax plan and reforms.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It looks very different from outside the US.

Mexico wants to renegotiate NAFTA because it suits it and they think Trump is up for it.

China is not cooperating on North Korea. China is putting its own interests first on North Korea.

Russia? Sulking? Not outside the US and its media it isn't. Russia is emboldened and doing as it pleases.

I can understand why you might not have heard about Merkel and Trump. He asked her ten times to talk about a trade deal and ten times she told him to talk to the EU. Now he's talking to the EU.

I can understand why you might not have heard about the Australians or any of the other B list key strategic allies. If they think your commander in chief is a prong, you're storing up trouble for the future.

Jordan has been taking in refugees since it all started. They took in half a million pretty much straight away.

Saudi has been helping the US and vice versa since forever. Again, I can understand why you might have missed it, but teh Saudis have been "policing" neighbouring states like Yemen since 2015.

Yes, there is a difference between "getting along" and "begging". There's also a huge difference between genuine international leadership and claiming international successes to your fanboys on Twitter while the rest of the world laughs at you.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Im not very comforted by a tax plan that seems to not pass CBO muster, that is reducing overall tax rolls at a greater benefit to the wealthy than middle class (its possible i would pay 5% more in taxes than current....we'd need to see the hurdle points for tax rates), and that is using hoped for savings as a lynchpin that would support the whole thing.

While i have faith he can execute a multi billion dollar annual budget, i lose faith when that budget moves up into the trillions, he has inexperienced people surrounding him, putting at risk stuff like peoples food. Nothing will bring rioters into the streets quicker than losing food.

Although, we held our noses and took the plunge with ACA. So perhaps lobbing another turd at the American people won't sink the ship.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Immigration (aka the Wall): A

The wall is a concept , whether it will ever become a reality is debatable but I doubt it , hardly deserving of an A

The Economy: B+

GDP has fallen under Trump ,C-

Sanctuary Cities: B

Remains to be seen.

Military: A+

Didn't he say he wasn't going to do what he's doing ?
Bringing the world to the point of war D-

Foreign Relations: A

As a foreigner I'd say Foreign Relations D

Energy: B

Keen to pump pollutants into the atmosphere with his "clean coal" and spoil the unspoiled by drilling oil in the arctic ,F

Supreme Court: B

Who knows.

Domestic Issues: D

There may be trouble ahead ... unrated.

Health Care: C

Failed , got bored , moved on.
Remains to be seen D.

Taxes: I

The rich will win the poor will lose as is always the way with the elite in charge.
Unrated.

Overall Grade
The White House looks chaotic almost rudderless , you have a leader who after his first 100 days is already starting to miss the simple life and is likely to delegate more responsibility as his presidency goes on.

Must do better but probably won't.
F

Personal note
Can't wait till he's gone , the man makes Bush look like an academic.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

minor point....but the arctic has already been spoiled with plastic garbage from the east coast of the US and west coast of Australia. Its not pristine.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Donald Trump has succeeded in doing something in his first hundred days that no President since Truman has done: brought us to the brink of war with Korea.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

But that's a brilliant business decision. Nothing more profitable than war... for some people.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's what I've been noticing and thinking about how Trump conducts himself (obviously, and also "reportedly"):

He came in all bluster and bossy, like just waving his hand would make everything happen because he says so. He came in thinking this would be easy-peasy. He made lofty promises of sudden overhaul of everything, and I don't doubt he meant what he said...

but NOW, now he realizes "it's not so easy." He misses his "old life." He realizes he has to have "heart" and can't just make negotiation deals as per his usual style.

It is clear that he is learning just how limited his power is in real life. He can say whatever he wants to. It doesn't mean it's going to happen the way his supporters imagine it will be.

Turns out, from hearsay delivered by those with whom he meets privately or in small groups, that he is calm and considers what others have to say. He has realized he must work with others and that he was wrong about much of what he thought.

Hopefully, he can convince his supporters that listening to the other side, and changing the approach from Indifferent Profit-Only Business Negotiations to actually governing with an open mind and two iotas of compassion are two different things. He's definitely a poser. He thinks someone he talked to once on the phone is "my good friend."

He doesn't really have any "good friends." He will say someone is his bestie for thirty years now one day, and then turn around and say "never met the man." It's ridiculous. It is evidence that he can't, indeed mustn't be taken at his word. His 'word' is meaningless.

So. Everything he promised he would do is immaterial. Because he can't. There's not going to be a wall. There will be beefed up border security, but no stupid 30-foot wall that will take years to build and be a waste of money anyway. He can't seal off our nation to any and all comers. It just doesn't work that way.

He can't tell people where to go, what to do, what to say and expect them to do it. This is, it turns out, not a game of Sims.

The question remains: will his followers accept the fact that he will readily flip-flop, back-pedal, reverse course, and change his mind whenever the reality calls for it?

She won't be "locked up." There won't be a giant wall (what a stupid idea). We can't just throw money at the military and expect everyone else to be respectful. We have to take care of the least among us. He won't round up every undocumented person living here. Not only would it be impossible to do, but ridiculously intrusive and expensive.

So. Do you all supporters of his that wander these forums understand that? That you won't be getting what he promised? You won't be able to be as horrible to others as you'd like, even if they are gay or trans or Jewish or Muslim or Mexican or brown or female or poor. It's not going to happen.We are a society. We all have to pitch in. Do you get it yet?

He fooled you. He knew little going in, and had a fantasy of how it would be to "rule the world" which had very little to do with reality. Please take it as a learning opportunity. Checks and balances are built in for this very reason. The sun doesn't rise and set at Donald Trump's bidding. The world will keep spinning, and humanity will continue on its course of self-destruction....or, saner minds will prevail, science will march on, unsung adults everywhere will be acting at their local levels to improve things for their own communities. No amount of boastful bravado and belligerent bullying, or spoiled-child tantruming, is going to be allowed to change the entire world.

That is reality.
edit on 4/29/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The wall is a concept , whether it will ever become a reality is debatable but I doubt it , hardly deserving of an A

Bids are being taken and requests for appropriations are being made. Concept or no, it looks like there is going to be a wall in some fashion.

GDP has fallen under Trump ,C-

No, it hasn't. US GDP rose the first quarter of 2017 under Trump, although only at a rate of 0.7%. It is also a fact that economic activity typically reflects actions taken ~6 months previous.

I can say that in my area, job openings for engineers are up considerably.

Who knows.

True, no one knows how any judge wIll decide in the future, but everything I have found on Gorsuch indicates a strict interpretation of the Constitution.

There may be trouble ahead ... unrated.

There will be trouble ahead... that much I am certain about. The only question is to what extent, and based on actions taken by 'protesters' recently, it could get very bad.

Failed , got bored , moved on.
Remains to be seen D.

Failed, yes. Moved on? Last I heard, Congress was still working on it.

The rich will win the poor will lose as is always the way with the elite in charge.
Unrated.

The elite are always in charge, by definition. That's what the elite are: those in charge. So by your perspective, there is nothing that can possibly be done to ease the tax burden.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I would say ,he's doing ok ..FOR A BUSINESS MAN he is still figuring things out.
The 100 days thing is nothing unless you're a politician.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

These are opinions and perceptions, not facts, and thus not subject to fact-checking

You definitely proved you are a Trump support with that statement.

Trump is terrible. He's destroying our government, giving away everything to the wealthy, and antagonizing the rest of the world, and his administration is a combination of Russian agents and family members. He is already one of the most corrupt Presidents in our history, and in the long run he is going to devastate our nation and our environment and bunch of other countries as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

No, it hasn't. US GDP rose the first quarter of 2017 under Trump

GDP fell from 2.1% and 3.5% in the back end of 2016 to just 0.7% in Q1 2017.

Companies barely increased the production of goods, making inventories the other big drain on first-quarter growth. They rose by just $10.3 billion in the first quarter after a roughly $50 billion increase at the end of 2016.
www.marketwatch.com...

The elite are always in charge, by definition.

Never more so than now , a billionaire President with a Cabinet comprised of millionaires and billionaires.

His Cabinet of millionaires and billionaires is the richest in American history. The New York billionaires, though, have more in common with Russian oligarchs and Nigerian petro-magnates than with almost any other Americans—whether they are flipping burgers at McDonald’s or performing heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic. They have been sold to the public as men who will help Trump run the country “like a business,” in which the public is the consumer.
www.newsweek.com...

Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Odds-on favourite for post of the year.

I raise my hat you sir!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: UKTruth

I would say ,he's doing ok ..FOR A BUSINESS MAN he is still figuring things out.
The 100 days thing is nothing unless you're a politician.

It's a general rule that the first three months of a political leader's term set the tone for the rest of it. Whether you take Carter or Reagan or Thatcher or Nuttall, the first three months are the equivalent of taking the bridges and the telephone exchange.

If you can pull it off and make your mark, you're secure and you will be successful. If you stumble badly even once, you'll be limping for the rest of your term.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Because it's a hugh or should that be yuge ( guess that will be the next executive order huh) expense to the country and its unnecessary that's why.
Its the stupidest idea ever.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I agree. I sure didn't mean for my post to sound like I'm disappointed in his failure to do these things.
I don't want a wall and I'm not afraid or worried about Muslims or any other people coming here. I was merely pointing out for his fan club members that he hasn't kept his promises to them.

The Russians came along when we left the fifties behind. Sorry to say they are no more a friend now than they were then. Yes every country spies. Every country does not outline and execute a plan to destroy a presidential candidates campaign.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah...good.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join