It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-day Report Card

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I have to laugh at the Berkeley situation, after all right now they get more on federal funding that they do on state and private donations.

Get the funding cut and see how well they will do.

Berkeley has become a cess-pool of nothing but the stupid, stupid is as stupid does, if they keep the crap that is going on right now they will start to lose their out of state students that actually are the ones that pays the most on the tuitions.

Their accreditation of been one of the best is going to end on one of the stupidest.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
"Foreign Relations: A

Trump seems to be getting along with other countries well"

.... whut?! ....

You beat me to it.

The Mexicans told him to stuff his wall.

The Chinese shrugged and ignored him.

The Russians parliament literally stood up and applauded when they heard Trump was elected. Since then, they've swung around Syria like they own the place.

The Germans schooled him in how international trade works - the picture of him sulking like a naughty toddler next to Nanny Merkel is priceless.

Theresa May latched on to him because she is desperate for international support. He stabbed her in the back on a potential trade agreement.

The Australians think he's a prong.

True, nobody has declared war on you, but Trump inherited a powerful international moral position and is spunking it faster that Dubya.

Oh, I almost forgot the superdupersecret plan to get rid of ISIS in 30 days...
edit on 28-4-2017 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: ISIS!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Let me ask you, cause I'm guessing you're way more informed than me.

You didn't grade Trump on his communications team, altho that's understandably not a metric of a President's first 100 days. It has seemed to me that Sean Spicer and others have been just a disorganized disaster making it harder to get behind any if Trumps initiatives as just a regular citizen.

And the blonde, just seems to be constantly doing damage control, re explaining things that should have been communicated properly the first time. This alone doesn't inspire me personally with confidence since in the US we have virtually thousands of Communications & Marketing Grads to pick from who are qualified and coherent.

Before you go whole hog on me, let me say despite West Wing being a TV show and the dreaded "Liberal" leaning, I would prefer that Trump had his OWN Toby and Sam and Claudia managing his "message" rather than the romper-room back peddling we've seen so far out of Trumps Communications/Press Team.

Any insights?
If it helps I think Trump is doing the best he can with the cards he was dealt.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Read your OP.

Appreciate your scoring curve.
I would give him a grade of D+ for his own personal performance, and a C+ for Ivanka's and Jared's ability to keep his head on straight.

His peers (the other world leaders and the media) have figured out he's

a) like a toddler tantruming and lashing out with demands that are preposterous and won't be met;

b) like a bluffer at a card game.

The whole world knows now --- he sets the bar at absolute NOPE and then works his way up. He calls it "negotiating." Most of the world calls it "saying stuff". There won't be a "wall," Obamacare is staying, and the coal mines are not going to reopen. The courts blocked the immigrant ban; China now is not a currency manipulator, and; Hillary is not going to be locked up. NAFTA will be renegotiated. NATO is not "obsolete."

etc

I'm impressed that you are standing behind him, though, despite the results.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I like this. At the end of the day, Trump got rid of the TPP, which is huge! Bernie bots should be singing the praises of Trump, he is doing a lot of the things that Bernie wanted.

The Syria situation worries me. I am worried that Trump may have been compromised at this point. We know his stance has been anti-intervention, but now he is singing the same song as the rest of the war mongers.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

At the end of the day, Trump got rid of the TPP,

it had already been rejected by congress....you know that, right? It was never a "contract."

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said the deal was dead long before Trump took office, perhaps a nod to even Hillary Clinton's position that the current deal would have been changed in a Clinton White House.

"TPP was dead long before President Trump took office. We await real action on trade," Schumer said.
Politico story

He was going to tear up NAFTA, too, but calls from Nieto and Trudeaux, and counseling from Jared, "convinced" Trump to say, "okay fine. let's talk."

He's all bark. The world has seen this now. He can claim whatever he likes, and his base won't fact-check it.

He starts as low as he can go, and works his way up from there. yawn.

He was surprised at how hard it turned out to be (being POTUS). He was amazed to discover it took "heart." Because "business doesn't require 'heart', but this really does."
Trump Interview with AP (Associated Press)

AP: You've talked a little bit about the way that you've brought some business skills into the office. Is there anything from your business background that just doesn't translate into the presidency, that just simply is not applicable to this job?

TRUMP: Well in business, you don't necessarily need heart, whereas here, almost everything affects people. So if you're talking about health care — you have health care in business but you're trying to just negotiate a good price on health care, et cetera, et cetera. You're providing health. This is (unintelligible). Here, everything, pretty much everything you do in government, involves heart, whereas in business, most things don't involve heart.

AP: What's that switch been like for you?

TRUMP: In fact, in business you're actually better off without it.

AP: What's making that switch been like for you?

TRUMP: You have to love people. And if you love people, such a big responsibility. (unintelligible) You can take any single thing, including even taxes. I mean we're going to be doing major tax reform. Here's part of your story, it's going to be a big (unintelligible). Everybody's saying, "Oh, he's delaying." I'm not delaying anything. I'll tell you the other thing is (unintelligible). I used to get great press. I get the worst press. I get such dishonest reporting with the media. That's another thing that really has — I've never had anything like it before. It happened during the primaries, and I said, you know,when I won, I said, "Well the one thing good is now I'll get good press." And it got worse. (unintelligible) So that was one thing that a little bit of a surprise to me. I thought the press would become better, and it actually, in my opinion, got more nasty.

Yeah. Such a big responsibility. Having a heart and loving people. Nothing at all like big business. At least he's recognizing that.

edit on 4/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

And, most of Trump's efforts have been to increase his own personal wealth, not the wealth of the forgotten little people he spoke so highly of when he needed their support.

How about some examples? What specifically has he done to increase his wealth at the expense of the poor?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hard to say, since we don't know his full range of assets.

But, since he hasn't really done much of anything, that's still moot.

edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How about some examples? What specifically has he done to increase his wealth at the expense of the poor?

Mar-A-Lago. $$
He advertises it when he speaks.

Trump Tower. $$
Extra Secret Service detail. All living there.

Nineteen days of playing golf and the transportation of the entire detail to and fro. $$ Not to mention the time that he avoided the usual route and "took the long way home" when the picketers were asking for his tax returns.

Ivanka's very-much-paid staff now that she has been installed in an "unpaid" position in the West Wing.

edit on 4/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Not the impressions I got.

Mexico wants to renegotiate NAFTA.

China is cooperating on North Korea.

Russia got mad, threw a fit, and is sulking in the corner.

The Germans did something?

Australia did something?

Jordan offered to set up a safe zone for the Syrian refugees. Saudi Arabia is now helping finance our Middle East operations. Egypt just released Aya Hijazi after three years of unsuccessful talks.

There's a difference between 'getting along with' and 'begging for petting like a lap dog.'

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Insights... just an opinion with nothing to back it up. I think, in light of the fact that this thread already has triggered so many, I'll keep that opinion to myself for now.

I do still think Trump can do better than Sean Spicer. I hear Bill O'Reilly is looking for a job...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

For the most part I agree with you. I'd score him a little lower on Healthcare because I wanted the straight line repeal, not the replace crap, and I'd score him an 'A' on Domestic Issues because I think "net neutrality" is a crock of crap and was happy to see it go, but otherwise we are on similar pages. The DNC activists are a goddamned joke. Oh, and the media gets an "F" as well, both as a grade and preceding the word "you" in regards to how I feel about them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You didn't check his financial statement? The one he was required to submit before entering the race?

It's all in there.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Mar-A-Lago. $$
He advertises it when he speaks.

Trump Tower. $$
Extra Secret Service detail. All living there.

Nineteen days of playing golf and the transportation of the entire detail to and fro. $$ Not to mention the time that he avoided the usual route and "took the long way home" when the picketers were asking for his tax returns.

Ivanka's very-much-paid staff now that she has been installed in an "unpaid" position in the West Wing.

Reposted for the comedic value.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You mean his form 278e? That's not a financial statement and it is hardly specific. It is not "all in there."
www.documentcloud.org...
edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They should be terrified! Clearly America doesn't want to repeal the ACA.

And just how did you come to that conclusion?

Supposedly 535 shills on capital hill represent the will of the people ?

That's laughable.

Especially when the majority of Americans don't even vote or even pay attention to American politics.

Their busy watching reality tv with more entertaining characters than them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

I wonder where you get your information because that is not what I have been reading.

But what can I say, people only read and listen to what they want.

Human nature I guess.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I just want to chime in with other than my opinion is his domestic policy gets an F (mostly due to healthcare and his tax plan), i agree with you completely.

I think his healthcare plan was a half of a half assed effort to put forth something. He over promised and under delivered, and it was a big promise to make. He should have hedged on this during the campaign, for sure.

The tax plan looks like it won't sustain our economy, especially if he gets us into a war. He needs to restructure the debt, reassert revenue collection, and build a war chest that supports the stick he carries into a negotiation. None of this is something I want to see, by the way. But its what should happen given what is happening.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is a complete list of all his assets, spanning 104 pages. What do you think is left out?

Lemme guess, Russian go-go clubs?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It's more his sources of income which are of concern. The specifics of the sources of income of those entities is not provided in the disclosure statement.

You see all those LLCs? One reason people form an LLC is because it provides a certain level of "privacy."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join