It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-day Report Card

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Lol. Check it out:
The GOP’s latest repeal effort just collapsed. The reason is simpler than you think.

Byron York reports that Republicans privately say that as many as 40 or 50 House Republicans secretly don’t want to repeal the ACA, and one key reason appears to be a lack of political courage. As one Republican puts it: “We have members in the Republican conference that do not want Obamacare repealed, because of their district.”

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They should be terrified! Clearly America doesn't want to repeal the ACA.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait... slow down Krazy, I can't breathe here... you're actually doubling down? Oh, this is too funny...

Did you think Trump got elected to Congress? The Congressional GOP takes blame for legislation. The President doesn't get to pass laws.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There is no disconnect.
I'm merely noting that he's not keeping the promises he made to those who voted for him.

Me, I'm not surprised. I knew before him how hard the job was. I knew that healthcare wasn't going to be easy.
I knew tax reform would require many months of review of current laws and would not be easy.
I could predict that any proposal he made would benefit him and the other super rich.

I'm glad his travel ban was stopped. It was unconstitutional and put our service people in the middle east at risk.
I'm glad his health care bill failed because it wasnt good for people only the insurance companies. Here I hope for something good . I didn't like all of the ACA either.
My grade is for his compete lack of effectiveness, for surrounding himself with people who don't know what they're doing and for leaving so many desks and offices empty when there's so much work to do.
I don't expect legislation I'm going to agree with out of him.

PS I should note that that was your list I was addressing in the first place.
edit on 4282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So Obama isn't responsible for the ACA then? Obamacare is a lie and it should be called CongressionalDemocratCare?

PS: You also graded Congress in your OP. So why aren't I allowed to talk about them and their actions?
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

They should be terrified! Clearly America doesn't want to repeal the ACA.

Pretty much. I wonder when the Republicans figure that out. Probably after its already too late for them.

The reckoning is on its way.
Republican Lawmakers Face Hostile Town-Hall Crowds
Republicans decide: To town hall or not to town hall?
GOP lawmakers wouldn’t come to a town hall — so voters brought literal empty suits
Republicans avoid town halls after health care votes
Republicans try to tame their rowdy town halls

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
dbl post

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

One of a few good things that came out of the 2016 election is a more engaged, more civic aware electorate.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hate is a strong word.

I dislike him personally because I think he's crass and uncouth.

I dislike his policies because they don't reflect my values.

I say I will never support him because at age seventy he is unlikely to change .
But on the off chance that he does I will certainly revisit the issue and adjust my opinion accordingly.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Lol. Leave it to Donald Trump to energize the liberal base.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There is no disconnect.
I'm merely noting that he's not keeping the promises he made to those who voted for him.

Well, it sounds to me like you're complaining that he didn't do what you wanted him not to do. I'm sure it sounds that way to a lot of others too.

Food for thought: did it ever occur to you that some of those promises were steps he planned on taking to accomplish greater goals? For instance, I have heard his wall described by his detractors as a massive steel-and-concrete structure with gun turrets, almost like the Great Wall of China on steroids. I don't know of any of his supporters who thought that. I (and I believe most of his supporters) want something along the border to help stop illegal immigrants from wading a creek and taking advantage of the US's goodwill. It that's a wall, fine. If it's a fence, good. If it's a curtail, fantastic. If it's a freakin' scarecrow, wonderful. As long as it works. And so far, the wall is working before the first shovel breaks ground; illegal border crossings are down... way down!

Me, I'm not surprised. I knew before him how hard the job was. I knew that healthcare wasn't going to be easy.
I knew tax reform would require many months of review of current laws and would not be easy.
I could predict that any proposal he made would benefit him and the other super rich.

So did I. So did his supporters. So did he.

But he's making progress. The travel ban will be in the Supreme Court soon enough, and the injunction will be overturned. In October all Federal grants will be re-authorized and a clause about compliance with ICE regulations can be included easily enough. In the meantime, jobs continue to be created (not 'created or saved'), the military will improve, the VA will be improving as evil people are forced out, energy costs will decrease, illegal immigration will continue to decrease, and foreign trade will improve.

And your cries of despair will get louder and louder, making them less and less powerful.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
But he's making progress. The travel ban will be in the Supreme Court soon enough, and the injunction will be overturned. In October all Federal grants will be re-authorized and a clause about compliance with ICE regulations can be included easily enough. In the meantime, jobs continue to be created (not 'created or saved'), the military will improve, the VA will be improving as evil people are forced out, energy costs will decrease, illegal immigration will continue to decrease, and foreign trade will improve.

That's not progress. That's just the wishlist in your head.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So Obama isn't responsible for the ACA then?

Only because he supported it (actually proposed it), and of course, signed it. Primary blame goes to the Congress.

If you'll notice, I took off points in my OP because Trump supported that idiotic health care abomination. Had he signed it into law, I would have taken off more. But Congress got the bulk of that blame.

Next talking point?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Sorry I missed this:

I don't remember where I read it, but there's a line from a book that I have found to be very apt:

"The wheels of justice grind slowly, yet they grind exceedingly small."

Trust me, Sessions is busily getting things ready...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Only because he supported it (actually proposed it), and of course, signed it. Primary blame goes to the Congress.

And Trump supported the ACHA and STILL supports it, but it's not just the ACHA now that Trump has failed to navigate Congress with. His recent attempt at redoing taxes is a straight up giveaway to the rich. It's also DOA. And this DESPITE the fact that it isn't fully fleshed out.

Apparently adding $4 trillion in debt and being the biggest single expansion of debt in American history will "pay for itself" according to fellow Trump swamp buddy Steve Mnuchin.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So Obama isn't responsible for the ACA then? Obamacare is a lie and it should be called CongressionalDemocratCare?

Been answering that question here many times . It WAN NOT OR EVER HAS BEEN Obamacare.The correct name is Pelosi/Reid Care...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OK, it's been fun, but I have some simultaneous differential equations to solve, a Hamiltonian function to derive, and an IEEE paper to write. I'll be back later.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My bank account gives trump an A+, since january i made an extra 20k on snowmobile tours in the backcountry, oh your probably wondering how has donald the great orange messiah made me a happier man, well we got a huge influx of mexican tourist this year, so thank you oh great one for making my town richer.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm against a wall I'm against a ban I'm not against tax reform.

Why ?

There's a wall around the White House.

They built a wall around the DNC convention.

And why do you think there should be free and open travel between seven known terrorist states. That apparenly make up the entire worlds 'muslim' population ?
edit on 28-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hey, OP, the 'media seems enthralled' by the meaningless 100-day mark because Trump himself, in his usual wind-bag-like manner, promised us all how many amazing things his admin would accomplish in his first 100 day. None of his promises to his 'poorly educated' legions have been kept, by the way. And, most of Trump's efforts have been to increase his own personal wealth, not the wealth of the forgotten little people he spoke so highly of when he needed their support. He's a con man. Trump: Worst. President. Ever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join