It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-day Report Card

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would think you'd try to be as objective as possible and rise above petty partisanship. Well that's what I'd do if I wrote the thread. Sorry for projecting my values onto you. I should have lowered my standards.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
He's doing a great job.

How else can you explain how he gets a 100 day report card before 100 days?

He's ahead of schedule.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh, I am being objective... about subjectivity.

People make decisions based on their interpretation of the facts, not strictly on the facts themselves. The whole point of politics is to convince people of the facts in a particular light. The DNC has chosen to do this through riots, name-calling, and throwing tantrums. Sorry, but all that convinces me of is that they need to be ignored until they grow up.

And I'm not alone. If I was, we might be giving grades to President Hillary Clinton. *cringe*

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hahaha! Yeah, I might be a couple days early, but I doubt there's going to be any major public opinion swings that fast.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Boy. I wish the schools I went to handed out As and Bs for talking about doing stuff but not actually doing it yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: UKTruth

I fear you're correct, and that scares me.

I'm not a Republican... I am proudly independent. I want a balance of power that serves the people. But if things don't change with the DNC, and change fast, I can foresee a day 12 years or so from now when I am trying to convince people how President Mike Pence's latest proposal is a disaster in the making, with no DNC to hear me.

That's, I guess, what bothers me the most. If people think a two-party system is bad, wait till they get a load of a one-party system!

TheRedneck

The irony is that the Democrat party should be able to gain and hold power with ease. The Republicans have been soured by an infestation of war mongers and extreme conservatism that blocks any move not totally in line with an ideology that demands 100% conformity to their thinking. Hence we see an internal conflict between so-called Tea Party members and Tuesday Club members, etc.

Both parties are broken - beyond repair in my view - and neither represent the people. This is why Trump won, but many, since the election, still seem to be hung up on Democrat vs. Republican. I see it for what it is - a Democrat party embracing obstructionism, violence and oppression, and a Republican party too idealistic to get things done. A mess. All driven by the divisions created over the last 30 years by a slew of truly incompetent (and owned) Presidents, Senators and Congressmen.

The reason I agree with your scores, in the main, is because the country is in a complete mess and against that backdrop Trump is making progress. If all he does is lance the boil of ineptitude that covers a Washington establishment completely detached from normal people, by shining a light on the likes of John McCain and Chuck Schumer to show just how disgusting they are, then he will have succeeded.

This election was just a reaction to what was happening in Washington. The NEXT election will determine whether Americans have the stomach to claim their right of a govt of the people, by the people and for the people.
edit on 28/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Oh, I am being objective... about subjectivity.

People make decisions based on their interpretation of the facts, not strictly on the facts themselves. The whole point of politics is to convince people of the facts in a particular light. The DNC has chosen to do this through riots, name-calling, and throwing tantrums. Sorry, but all that convinces me of is that they need to be ignored until they grow up.

And I'm not alone. If I was, we might be giving grades to President Hillary Clinton. *cringe*

TheRedneck

Oh you don't have to explain to me your biases. I get it. You are biased and you are letting your biases trump actions undertaken while grading someone. That is why I've written this thread off. I thought it could have been productive coming from you, but I guess not. Just another typical Trump supporter thread where the Dems are just a bunch of anti-American haters and no analysis based on reality and moderateism.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You know I can not believe how spiteful, hateful and evil, Democrats has become since trump won the elections, the leadership is just destroyed and without any organization, we can see very clear that their intentions as career politicians has never been about the people, the nation or the needs of the nation, is all about themselves and their campaign donors.

I guess the democratic leadership has always been this bad, is just that we never got to see their true colors until a none career politician won the elections in modern days.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

I know within his first 100 days the first African American president had his cabinet in place, I guess it was all about been nice and play nice.

Anything else would have looked racist.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You know I can not believe how spiteful, hateful and evil, Democrats has become since trump won the elections, the leadership is just destroyed and without any organization, we can see very clear that their intentions as career politicians has never been about the people, the nation or the needs of the nation, is all about themselves and their campaign donors.

I guess the democratic leadership has always been this bad, is just that we never got to see their true colors until a none career politician won the elections in modern days.

Indeed - if there is one cause that American people should unite behind it is that of changing Washington DC and rejecting the selfish and unrepresentative career politicians that infest it. Alas, that seems to be impossible with the likes of Fox News, CNN and MSNBC driving the divisions and getting people to look away from the real problem at every opportunity.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a Democrat party embracing obstructionism, violence and oppression, and a Republican party too idealistic to get things done. A mess.

Exactly my point. Exactly.

I have made no secret of the fact that my initial choice was not Trump... it was Ted Cruz. Trump didn't win me over... Cruz drove me away. What I wanted was an end to the continual intrusion into my personal life, an end to the apparent ineptitude/impotence in Washington DC, and an end to the accusatory and condemning tone set by the Democratic leaders. The big turning point for me in supporting Trump was when not just the Democrats, but the Republicans as well were attacking Trump. Anyone who scared both heads of the snake was probably the right person to kill the snake.

And, of course, there was the underdog factor... I think that's a major reason for his victory as well. Ironically, the continual judicial obstruction has allowed him to keep that underdog status, while only delaying the inevitable Supreme Court reversals with Gorsuch in place. Sometimes I think the Democrats need to be on Trump's payroll.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sorry to be butting in but ...

Many Americans – more than half, in most polls –
believe that Trump is underperforming as president.

Strikes against him include his divisive and failed travel bans,
his blatant and insulting duplicity when it comes to voter fraud or crowd size,
his impulsive conduct of foreign policy,
his failure to divest from the Trump Organization,
his embrace of Wall Street and of foreign dictators,
his addiction to cable news,
and a lack of policy seriousness which leads him to confuse Iraq and Syria,
confuse which direction the navy is sailing in
and to say things like, “Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.”

Link

That's what your champ has 'acheived' so far.
And you guys are seriously lapping it up !?!

Will y'all still be drooling once there's been a Bay of Tonkin type incident in the South China sea ?

edit on 28/4/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't disagree with your OP, but my "grade" is much simpler.

Is my family and I better off under this president?

Still too early to tell, but I'm not disappointed in the direction we're heading.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

A thread is what you make it. Perhaps you could give your reasoning on why your grading disagrees with mine? After all, I spent quite a bit of (insomniatic) time typing and formatting the OP... you spent what? Five minutes telling me "You're just a hater" with no real reasoning other than "Democrat: good: Republican: bad."

At least you validated my reasoning. Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I have voted both sides during the years as a voter, but darn this time I voted for a none career politicians because I was tired of the crap in Washington, Republicans are not better than democras, they are all full of crap, they need to get the message, We are tired of their # but as usual the career politicians thing that as long as they keep their base of blind faithful followers they are OK.

NO they are not

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's always the final consideration, isn't it?

Although, after experiencing 8 years of continual decline under Obama, I suspect the question for many will shift from "am I better off" to "am I not any worse off".

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Let's be honest here.
If he had done everything he has attempted or promised to do, half of the country would still say he's doing a bad job.
Half of the voters didn't want him.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But he hasn't. So your point is baseless and speculative.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm in the same boat, marg. I think the election proved that a lot of people are.

Since November, though, it appears much more than Washington DC needs draining... we can start with UC Berkeley.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Half of the voters didn't want him.

True enough.

I wonder if that's still true? (And I don't care what the polls say... they're obviously unreliable since we're having this conversation.)

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join