It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All women could be asked to wear headscarves" - Austrian president

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: Neith

in the name of snowflakery? what does that even mean? i honestly have no idea what you're going for there?

as for "them sticking their noses in ours", i'm not sure where you're from, but the country where i live is supposed to be open and accepting to all colours and creeds, a land where people are supposed to be free to practice their religion and their customs as they see fit. it's actually kind of held up as one of our defining attributes.
possibly we live in different countries.
we certainly appear to live in different worlds.

From "colours" I expect that you are in GB or a recent colony. Practice of religion and customs stops when it impinges on the religions and customs of the natives or breaks laws. My religion is "Cashism" and is one of cash, only. My religious worship requires that I rob banks and kill whomever gets in the way. I wear full body covering as part of my worship with a mask covering all but my eyes. Now you may ask immigrants to adapt to the host country and might even expect it, but my religion says I don't have to and that you are Cashophobic if you say otherwise. As part of my religion, I also abuse my women, whom I own body and soul, and you can't say anything about that either. Sometimes I need to kill one of my daughters to save the family honor from some inconsequential nonsense. It is worth it, of course, and since women are mere receptacles, it is no great loss relative to family honor. I am invading your country and will bend it anyway I want and if you say anything at all, you are an infidel and my religion says I have the right to eliminate you. After all, robbing banks is good for all. See below...
edit on 4/29/2017 by pteridine because: ETA

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: continuousThunder

in the name of snowflakery? what does that even mean? i honestly have no idea what you're going for there?

as for "them sticking their noses in ours", i'm not sure where you're from, but the country where i live is supposed to be open and accepting to all colours and creeds, a land where people are supposed to be free to practice their religion and their customs as they see fit. it's actually kind of held up as one of our defining attributes.
possibly we live in different countries.
we certainly appear to live in different worlds.

From "colours" I expect that you are in GB or a recent colony. Practice of religion and customs stops when it impinges on the religions and customs of the natives or breaks laws. My religion is "Cashism" and is one of cash, only. My religious worship requires that I rob banks and kill whomever gets in the way. I wear full body covering as part of my worship with a mask covering all but my eyes. Now you may ask immigrants to adapt to the host country and might even expect it, but my religion says I don't have to and that you are Cashophobic if you say otherwise. As part of my religion, I also abuse my women, whom I own body and soul, and you can't say anything about that either. Sometimes I need to kill one of my daughters to save the family honor from some inconsequential nonsense. It is worth it, of course, and since women are mere receptacles, it is no great loss relative to family honor. I am invading your country and will bend it anyway I want and if you say anything at all, you are an infidel and my religion says I have the right to eliminate you. After all, robbing banks is good for all. See below...

ouch..

ok...NO.. My subconsious keeps saying No.

There is no honor in force.

If i were Lagertha, you'd probably be dead right now.. just saying

I'm not being facetious I'm being honest.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This was a parable. If you were Lagertha, you'd be talking to Mr. Glock and might find yourself entering Valhalla sooner than you expected.

Aloha Snackbar!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How bout this. New worldwide law, If you believe in shira law you must live in a country where that behavior ( Ignorance is a better term, but to each their own) is accepted. Problem solved.a reply to: trollz

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah...no. I highly doubt this will happen and if it did, the entirety of Europe will be in an uproar.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm with you, sister. I cannot imagine American women, especially southern gals, saying 'yes' to such a thing. Hijabs suck....period...as do burkinies. Nope....never...as long as we keep the chauvinist sharia-law leaning creeps out of OUR government.

But, "they" are trying so hard to get women on board with this "fashion" statement. I can see some of the so-called open/accepting entertainer-types pushing this bs to show they are in solidarity (whatever the heck that means), but it's stupid publicity-seekers, imo.

I hurt for Europe.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech
I too remember reading "The Handmaid's Tale" in school. It wad one of those books that stuck with me, so since I am on vacation, I took the time to watch the first 3 episodes of "The Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu.

It looks interesting. It takes place in present day, and I can so see them being able to pull something similar to it off. Controlling what anyone wears is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

originally posted by: Echo007
The Hijab aka headscarf is a symbol of oppression. Just like not allowing women to drive or travel without guardian's approval.

What next's, are we going to ask all women to dress like street hookers, all for solidarity sake.

That's a load of crap. About the hijab.

If it is their choice and they like it, as most Muslim women really do, it's not oppression.

The veil is oppression. Saudi Arabia is oppressive and guess what? It's under British-Zionist-American control and not the norm.

So who is doing the oppressing? Saudis and Persians. One loyal to the other enemy of, the West.

Otherwise women are not normally oppressed in Islam and you are under the influence of stereotypes and propaganda.

A dose of history and reality would do you well.

The hijab is cultural and not oppressive.

Hindu women wear a version of hijab too sometimes, it's no different.

I agree a religious text stating women are owned by their husbands and should wear a veil to stop men from lusting for them isnt Oppression. Try telling that to the women in my family.

I can't even date a Muslim girl because she's so weak a fragile Im the man and would force my non believer ways on her but a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim because he can force her to convert.

Don't claim to know history and Islam if you don't know the details and leave out the most important parts

Don't forget the practice of thighing copied still by millions in Yemen, Oman, SA, the Emirates, etc which is copied from Mohammed so while ayisha was 6-9 before she became a woman, Mohammed would place his penis in the crest of her inner thigh and thrust. In fact just last week a guy in Yemen 50 something years old killed his five year old bride on their wedding night when thighing her and he claims he was tempted too much to penetrate her....her fault, the little Jezebel...and his penis did too much internal damage with his harsh thrusting. You can destroy your own property so he is simply back on the market ladies no charges.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Your post has a balanced point of view.

Unfortunately the instigator of the violence across Europe are not balanced people. Some if them are okay some are the very image of the radicalized muslin. This faction of the group considers themselves empowered to force their religion down other people's throats.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

He doesn't say anything about forcing women to wear headscarves. He is talking about women expressing solidarity about allowing women to wear whatever they like.

Nope read it again he says the day will come when they Have to ask All women to wear the headscarf out of solidarity...
Although not sure what he plans to do if women refuse his polite demand. It's a very polite Liberal Fascism you know Fascism with a smile
edit on 29-4-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ultra bizarre this stance the austrians are taking. Its going to be seen as a sign of weakness. Unwise
a reply to: trollz

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Everything in life should be about choice.

Religion, sexuality, politics, whatever, I don't care do whatever you want as long as all are consensual and no one is getting hurt, but do it in private, on your own time and don't be forcing it on me.

When you try to make me live, think and act as you do, that is when we'll have a problem.

This is the problem with the world. The average human expects everyone to be like them, with some going so far as to force it on others through law or through physical means.

A civilized society needs flexibility and tolerance from ALL to succeed. It can never be a one way street.

Pray in your church, not in schools. Be as kinky as @#$% in your own home. If you don't want to eat or handle pig products, don't.
But when you're in public society consider you're sharing that space with different minded individuals and mind your own business, if you don't like something, stay away from it, if you know someone doesn't like you leave them alone.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do as they used to say.

Seriously we need more logic and common sense in this world. Seems simple enough. Alas I feel we're heading too far down the "ME ME ME" path this world seems to be taking.

Tolerant, but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it!
If you had to like it, it'd be called the Museum of Acceptance!
"Tolerate" means you're just putting up with it!
You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or, or you tolerate a bad cold.
It can still piss you off!
Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

Mr Garrison, Death Camp of Tolerance.

edit on 30-4-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: stuff

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

They can have Austria. We'll take the Austrians as refugees, alot better than the ones were getting now.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's not fair. In countries like Oman and UAE women wear abaya as the temperature is hot and it protects them from sand getting in their eyes. Saudi Arabia pushes the limits to the extreme and it's no good

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

So, if people protest the violence and hate from Muslims, they will be forced to dress as Muslims? Oh, sure, that'll fix everything.....smh!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Weird. There's lots of Muslims elected and appointed into Western governments yet we still have no religious laws except ones with Christian overtones.

Oh, really?? Name one. When were you, for example, forced to attend church, or dress a certain way?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

referring to discrimination against Muslims in Austria, the leader went on to state that "if this continues... with the widely spreading Islamophobia, the day will come when we have to ask all women to wear a headscarf – all – out of solidarity to those who do it for religious reasons."

/quote]

Its just the next part of the agenda for islam to absorb and breed out the white population.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
As an ardent P G Woodhouse fan, more and more I am made to think of his character in the Bertie Wooster saga, Roderick Spode. Woodhouse characterised Spode to lampoon Hitler and fascism. The leader of "The Black Shorts" and sporting a recognisable moustache, Spode called for specific areas of the country to be given over to solely growing one type of crop, such as parsnips (sounds familiar huh!) and making laws to force all men to do something, and all women to do something else.

His few followers would all chant "Hail Spode" while the one in charge of the gramophone would put on a recording of mass crowds chanting. More and more it seems the old man new what was coming.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

originally posted by: Echo007
The Hijab aka headscarf is a symbol of oppression. Just like not allowing women to drive or travel without guardian's approval.

What next's, are we going to ask all women to dress like street hookers, all for solidarity sake.

That's a load of crap. About the hijab.

If it is their choice and they like it, as most Muslim women really do, it's not oppression.

The veil is oppression. Saudi Arabia is oppressive and guess what? It's under British-Zionist-American control and not the norm.

So who is doing the oppressing? Saudis and Persians. One loyal to the other enemy of, the West.

Otherwise women are not normally oppressed in Islam and you are under the influence of stereotypes and propaganda.

A dose of history and reality would do you well.

The hijab is cultural and not oppressive.

Hindu women wear a version of hijab too sometimes, it's no different.

I agree a religious text stating women are owned by their husbands and should wear a veil to stop men from lusting for them isnt Oppression. Try telling that to the women in my family.

I can't even date a Muslim girl because she's so weak a fragile Im the man and would force my non believer ways on her but a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim because he can force her to convert.

Don't claim to know history and Islam if you don't know the details and leave out the most important parts

Don't forget the practice of thighing copied still by millions in Yemen, Oman, SA, the Emirates, etc which is copied from Mohammed so while ayisha was 6-9 before she became a woman, Mohammed would place his penis in the crest of her inner thigh and thrust. In fact just last week a guy in Yemen 50 something years old killed his five year old bride on their wedding night when thighing her and he claims he was tempted too much to penetrate her....her fault, the little Jezebel...and his penis did too much internal damage with his harsh thrusting. You can destroy your own property so he is simply back on the market ladies no charges.

Want to see the most disturbing ten minutes or so ever? Start at the 20:40 mark. Caution those with a history of being sexually abused. And do not flag for being hateful, it is simply an animated dramatization of exactly what the koran says

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Stop the bickering and stay on topic!
You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join