It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All women could be asked to wear headscarves" - Austrian president

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

He doesn't say anything about forcing women to wear headscarves. He is talking about women expressing solidarity about allowing women to wear whatever they like.

Oh you mean liek American airlines asked people to volunteer to get off the plane? If no one comes foward and does as asked they will make them do it. They should just go ahead and say wear it or else.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yeah, he's not turning the country into one of Islam, he's ASKING women to wear it of their own free in a show of solidarity to combat Islamophobia.... during an assembly at a school in response to a question a school girl asked him.

Good job ATS in embracing Islamophobia.

“It is every woman’s right to always dress how she wants, that is my opinion on the matter,” he told an audience of school pupils.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You're just making things up to support your warped sense of reality that's consumed with hatred of Islam.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This. Or at the very least all the SJW snowflakes will brand the opposers racist and the like and that's the lesser extreme. I don't even want to consider what the most extreme reaction will be but judging by the current state of affairs, it could get ugly, fast!!
Scares the $h!t out of me being a father of 2 kids this day and age. Society of today is a far cry from how it was in my youth, which wasn't all that long ago. If things continue in this direction, imagine what it will be like in 5 or 10 years.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Absurd. Completely bass ackwards.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One would have to be pretty dumb to believe this would ever happen.

Or be so full of hate for a sizeable portion of the world's population that common sense goes bye bye from their brains.

Another idiotic anti Islam ATS thread. Keep spreading the hate boys!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I really cannot say it's hate? There is just no way I would want my daughter to have to live in a Muslim country or under sharia law? As in countries where rape victims can be charged with a crime because they were raped? Countries where women are banned from college or specific majors. Where there are stonings?

Why women are still being stoned to death in 2015
www.cnn.com...

edit on 29-4-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Time to ressurect Thor and the Vikings to show these idiots how to deal with sh't like this!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

A young woman in Saudi Arabia is facing calls for her execution after she was pictured without a hijab

Thank god Saudi Arabia is on the UN women's rights council..we are in such surreal times.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
Quiet the contrary. That article is full of lies. Translate the german sources yourself. Unbelieveable that RT does it so bluntly. The links that they place to the german&austrian sources are articles about completly different laws and topics...

THAT is fake news and it´s the first time I use that term. (!)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
dear lord what has happened to my sweet ats?
the article talks about how women wearing headscarves are subjected to ever increasing street harassment by hateful ignorants, and the president merely suggests that non muslim women could show some solidarity because this ignorance and hatred isn't going away by itself.
it's not even an article kindly disposed to the man or his suggestion, but it was so mild that there is very limited negative spin they could put on it.....
and what happens?
the screaming hateful masses of ats come piling on, ever hungry for something to be outraged about.
i mean how freaking dense can you all be?
the vast majority of comments in this thread are perfect examples of why he made these comments in the first place

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Do you have a Clitoris?

Nuff Said.

(post by continuousThunder removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

No but if a 'man' told me what to wear, what to say, how to react or how to behave, i'd smash his face in.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

but that's....... kind of the point?
women are being bashed for their choice to wear headscarves
and all this dude is saying is that a bit of solidarity among women could help stop that happening

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So far, that's failed, miserably. I don't see that happening.

You might want to go to Saudi Arabia,Womens Rights 'cough' official Supporters and try to push that sh't in favor of Women and Gays.

Go on do it, prove me wrong.

I Dare You!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
have you ever been to an arabic muslim culture dominated country? Such as egypt.

Go to Cairo, downtown, or any other of the few cities (safaga, hurghada, sharm-el-sheik (sinai), El Quesir and so on). Show your bare arms and knees, don´t wear a headscarf. You´ll have 12 year olds grabbing your ass and the adult men can be even more pressurous...Don´t drive alone with men, you have no clue. The boys and girls are teached from the beginning that those are sluts, and want to be grabbed touched, they deserve no resprect.

That´s the reality of a muslim country. I´ve been many times to egypt. It´s not really a choice for the women there.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

why would i do that?
why would i travel across the world and stick my nose into the business of others
when there is so much bigotry and hateful ignorance to deal with right here in my own homeland?

it's not incumbent on me to fix all the problems in the entire world in one fell swoop and it's seriously not a clever gotcha to imply that my failure to do so is an endorsement of terrible systems overseas - and it most certainly does not justify hostility and violence in western countries!
all i can do as one small girl in a wild world is try and fight back against small-minded pathetically hateful ways of thinking where i encounter them and try to do good, constructive things in my local community. that means support and solidarity with women and the choices they make, regardless of religion.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Then tell me....

Why do you allow them to stick their nose in ours?

You're not helping the problem your compacting it. In the name of Snowflakery.

Unnacceptable.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join