It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All women could be asked to wear headscarves" - Austrian president

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Perhaps. But what happens when some women refuse to acknowledge that request?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Good for the Australians. Sorry Austrians.

It's about time a western society, stood up against the vile culture of propaganda designed at creating a worldwide sense of anti-Islamic sentiments, so the colonial-imperalist regimes can invade resource rich nations.

The establishment of the Secular Republic of Turkey was the first major overt act supported by the west that employed a divide and conquer strategy against Arabians and Turks, something T.E. Lawrence felt remorse for once he realized he had been a pawm.

It is well documented that the British created Wahhabism's success in the 70's as it was previously fringe.

The Masonic "Muslim" Brotherhood is responsible for all the trouble in the Islamic world. Able to convince Muslims Freemasonry is modelled on Sufi orders, it was a half truth that ended up with Masons being the influence of these hypocrite Muslims, dupes some, others just evil.

Donmeh-Sabbatean infiltration hasn't helped. It's said that Zionism is now controlled by Sabbateans, if not created by. Ataturk was Donmeh (false convert to Islam) and loyal to Israel.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: markosity1973

Europe is a continent full of different nations, people and cultures. Austria is not a whole Europe.
Don't think other nations would sit and do nothing, no way.

I hope our Polish brethren have another Jan III Sobieski waiting in the wings. In 1683 the Ottoman Empire tried to conquer Europe and the battle of Vienna was fought and won. Now the new Caliphate are arriving and breeding their way to victory.
Austrians should un-elect their spineless leaders and put in a person who thinks of Austrians first. I would guess that they will do exactly that if their leadership continues posturing about their open mindedness and ignoring rapes and assaults by those with no self-control.
Expect to see mob actions when people are fed up with the inability of immigrants to assimilate and follow local laws. In my part of the world, the locals would make a few examples to help the wild men understand the rules.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Hijab aka .scarf is a symbol of oppression. Just like not allowing women to drive or travel without guardian's approval.

What next's, are we going to ask all women to dress like street hookers, all for solidarity sake.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Weird. There's lots of Muslims elected and appointed into Western governments yet we still have no religious laws except ones with Christian overtones.

I know right? Crazy how these countries that have be majority Christian for over a thousand years would have Christian influences.

I'm sure majority Muslim countries would be just as accepting of different cultures in their government

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Weird. There's lots of Muslims elected and appointed into Western governments yet we still have no religious laws except ones with Christian overtones.

I know right? Crazy how these countries that have be majority Christian for over a thousand years would have Christian influences.

I'm sure majority Muslim countries would be just as accepting of different cultures in their government

If you study Islamic history you will find a tolerant society of many religions unlike contemporary Europe.

Jews and Christians, Sabaeans, were all allowed to govern both their own communities based on their own law.

And serve in the greater government of the regions they lived in.

But you are correct. They don't want the Western form of government because it is corrupt as hell and not their culture. I realize they also have corruption but a lot of it is due to the influence of the West, certainly not all though.

Frankly, America is built on immigration and should never exclude anyone from participating in government because of any religion or cultural ties. It's un American.

If you don't live in America you don't have to except foreign influence though.

Oh wait I forgot. America already DOES force its culture on the Islamic world.

How's that going?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
The Hijab aka .scarf is a symbol of oppression. Just like not allowing women to drive or travel without guardian's approval.

What next's, are we going to ask all women to dress like street hookers, all for solidarity sake.

That's a load of crap. About the hijab.

If it is their choice and they like it, as most Muslim women really do, it's not oppression.

The veil is oppression. Saudi Arabia is oppressive and guess what? It's under British-Zionist-American control and not the norm.

So who is doing the oppressing? Saudis and Persians. One loyal to the other enemy of, the West.

Otherwise women are not normally oppressed in Islam and you are under the influence of stereotypes and propaganda.

A dose of history and reality would do you well.

The hijab is cultural and not oppressive.

Hindu women wear a version of hijab too sometimes, it's no different.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

The second post where Australia is referenced rather than the country in the OP ....... Austria (a place in Europe)

I take it you just "Skim Read" before posting a response

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

If you study Islamic history you will find a tolerant society of many religions unlike contemporary Europe.

Jews and Christians, Sabaeans, were all allowed to govern both their own communities based on their own law.

And serve in the greater government of the regions they lived in.

But you are correct. They don't want the Western form of government because it is corrupt as hell and not their culture. I realize they also have corruption but a lot of it is due to the influence of the West, certainly not all though.

Frankly, America is built on immigration and should never exclude anyone from participating in government because of any religion or cultural ties. It's un American.

If you don't live in America you don't have to except foreign influence though.

Oh wait I forgot. America already DOES force its culture on the Islamic world.

How's that going?

By paying a massive tax and forced conversion? Constant wars of conquest and piracy and slavery. Even modern times you see a mass distrust in of minority societies.

Zoroastrians Jews orthodox Christians yazidis Hindus and Buddhists would all disagree with you.

Constantinople and the byzantine empire was at constant war and was pillaged and massacred for three days before they finally decided to have mercy. Now Christians are 1% of the population and they turn these old church museums into mosques.

I hold no religion but Islam being tolerant is a lie for apologists

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

There is no compulsion in religion.

That is a quote from the second Sura of the Qur'an and has always been interpreted as meaning what it says.

Forced conversions have never been a part of Islam. In rare occasions they would have been violating the Sacred Law.

Muslims had to pay Zakkat and non Muslims a different, only slightly higher tax if they were capable and male adult.

It wasn't unfair and it worked.

What you are saying is, again, stereotypical and untrue.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

That's a load of crap. About the hijab.

If it is their choice and they like it, as most Muslim women really do, it's not oppression.

The veil is oppression. Saudi Arabia is oppressive and guess what? It's under British-Zionist-American control and not the norm.

So who is doing the oppressing? Saudis and Persians. One loyal to the other enemy of, the West.

Otherwise women are not normally oppressed in Islam and you are under the influence of stereotypes and propaganda.

A dose of history and reality would do you well.

The hijab is cultural and not oppressive.

Hindu women wear a version of hijab too sometimes, it's no different.

I agree a religious text stating women are owned by their husbands and should wear a veil to stop men from lusting for them isnt Oppression. Try telling that to the women in my family.

I can't even date a Muslim girl because she's so weak a fragile Im the man and would force my non believer ways on her but a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim because he can force her to convert.

Don't claim to know history and Islam if you don't know the details and leave out the most important parts

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The Qur'an also teaches all "People of the Book" meaning people with scripture, specifically the Christians, Jews, Sabaeans, Magians, can go to Heaven.

No need to convert.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

There is no compulsion in religion.

That is a quote from the second Sura of the Qur'an and has always been interpreted as meaning what it says.

Forced conversions have never been a part of Islam. In rare occasions they would have been violating the Sacred Law.

Muslims had to pay Zakkat and non Muslims a different, only slightly higher tax if they were capable and male adult.

It wasn't unfair and it worked.

What you are saying is, again, stereotypical and untrue.

So you're stating the land they took from a holy war and an oppressive tax on the local population was fair considering they lost the war? Because they weren't Muslim?

What world do you live in where that's compassion? And yes they did butcher minorities.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The Qur'an also teaches all "People of the Book" meaning people with scripture, specifically the Christians, Jews, Sabaeans, Magians, can go to Heaven.

No need to convert.

And to butcher non believers wherever you find them

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Qur'an gives women the right to divorce their husbands and own property, not be property.

I have no idea where you people get this stuff from but a section of the Qur'an is dedicated to womens rights. You can not even cause physical harm it says, to a women or emotional.

Legally in America you could brutalize and rape your wife until probably less than 100 years ago.

You need to learn this because you are not talking truth but trash.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No need to convert.

Again common trash talk.

Meaningless drivel and lies, entirely.

The quote in reference is to specifically a tribe who had broken a peace treaty.

Nobody else. It's not a commandment. It's a reference to a historical incident and only applied to it.

Tafsir.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The Qur'an gives women the right to divorce their husbands and own property, not be property.

I have no idea where you people get this stuff from but a section of the Qur'an gis dedicated to womens rights.

You need to learn this because you are not talking truth but trash.

I dated a Muslim girl and her family made her break up with me because she would have been an apostate so yea I've looked it up

And it's all in the Koran but I'm on my phone so can give quotes but youre either a Muslim or capable of using Google. Stand behind what it says and it's straight forward, not even in the hadith.

I don't care if you're a Muslim just don't sugar coat the negatives and stand behind it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm saying everyone paid taxes who was a male and working.

That it worked for over 1,000 years and still does in certain areas.

And that you are not educated about it and that is why you assume stereotypes that are both old and false are true.

Lack of knowledge. Of the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No need to convert.

Again common trash talk.

Meaningless drivel and lies, entirely.

The quote in reference is to specifically a tribe who had broken a peace treaty.

Nobody else. It's not a commandment. It's a reference to a historical incident and only applied to it.

Tafsir.

I'd don't agree with killing others even if a peace treaty is broken. And I'm not sure you can say that it doesn't apply when that incident happened and is recorded to happen on several Occasions throughout Islam's history.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join