It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines AA211 from Manchester to JFK declares emergency, turns back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

A flight from Manchester, England, to JFK in New York has been forced to turn around after declaring an “emergency” in mid-flight.
The nature of the emergency is not yet known.

Probably nothing, but worth keeping an eye on.
It's scheduled to land shortly.
edit on Sat Apr 29 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Back on the ground, landed safely. www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
probably a stew beat the s**t out of woman for complaining about not getting a pillow.....

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This could be very serious Id hate for someone I know to be stuck on an airplane that has faulty landing gear hopefully thats all it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Heh, this is not a United flight. AA does suck too tho.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Heh, this is not a United flight. AA does suck too tho.

yeah, I'm 6' 1", 230...and I feel like I'm sitting in a sardine can, so I have to stand up and walk around a little bit every 1/2 hour or so...I always try and get an aisle seat....the WORST part of any trip is flying....I'm going first class next time, expensive as hell, but at 64 years old, screw it, I'll spend the extra money

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe the pilot had the runs?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
link from DailyMail article

Not much more in that article, just generic 'maintenance issues.' They canceled the flight.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Must be a seriously slow news day. I watched at least four flights either divert or return yesterday afternoon alone.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I can't say that I particularly mind a slow news day. Glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They had another one yesterday. A flight from Reagan National to Fort Myers had a bird strike on takeoff and landed at Dulles.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

A flight from Manchester, England, to JFK in New York has been forced to turn around after declaring an “emergency” in mid-flight.
The nature of the emergency is not yet known.

Probably nothing, but worth keeping an eye on.
It's scheduled to land shortly.

You need to download Flightradar24 for your phone or computer and have an alert set for aircraft squawking 7700 and you'll be surprised how planes declare and emergency on a daily basis. It can range from medical problems with a passenger to an aircraft having issues

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

AirLive shows one weather divert, a runway excursion, and three emergencies including an engine fire in the last few hours.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
FR24 does my head in enough sometimes with the squawk alerts, I'll spend all day at work with my phone going off and I'll be like 'reaaaaaally another 7700' .. either that or it's an alert for loss of comms or radio problems.

That being said considering the amount of flights that are flying on a daily basis it's good to know that or of the thousands of flights you only get a few with problems

I'll have to look at AirLive .. loving ADS-B when I want to have a nose about to see what military flights are showing, just to see what is flying round the UK

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Triple Seven... These things happen, no biggie really, I have this happen to me once or twice a year. As long as you have one engine, you'll get down okay; you lose everything... Just hope you have a Sully clone up front.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Lol I saw a comment from someone who flew southwest airlines about the in cabin announcements.

Fly Southwest - where we beat our competition and not our passengers.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

If it was an engine problem, I'm surprised the media didn't have them seconds away from death. A Canadian A330 landed minus a wheel last week, and one of the headlines was "Miracle Landing!"

top topics

join