It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Well how else would you explain his severe lack of knowing how the job works? All his opinions and the way he "governs" seems to all be exactly the same as the right wing media has been hyperbolicly saying the Obama has been governing for the last 8 years. It's almost like he believed that nonsense and figured, "hey Obama did, so can I!" without ever realizing that most of that # the right complained about Obama doing was exaggerations.

But if you have a better explanation for his severe lack of understanding of the position he pissed off over half the country to get then I'm all ears. You said it yourself, he's been alive through MANY different Presidencies and probably met a few of them. Why is his understanding of the job so weak? I haven't met a SINGLE President and am a little less than half the age of Trump (32) and I feel like I understand more of what it takes to be the President than Trump did before January 20th.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22174244]carewemust[/post

Trump: Worst. President. Ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Did you seriously just ignore the failed replacement of the ACA/Obamacare? Repealing or replacing the ACA would require new laws which is why Congress (aka the legislative branch) was involved in the first place. The willful ignorance is inexcusable.

Sorry, I guess the failure of Obama care has filled me with blind ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I can't say I'm fond of him. But, my main point is we don't need an amateur as leader of America. He is unqualified.

Hillary Clinton was destroyed in the debates by a so called "unqualified amatuer".
How does that qualify her. She isn't president because she belongs in jail. Gawd
get over it, she's a disgrace.
edit on Rpm42817v50201700000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: fleabit

Define "always succeeds."

google it

I'm just curious what your definition is, because he has had a -great- many business failures. Google that - you'll find quite the list. Unless you are talking about his Presidency, in which some of his bigger ticket items have all failed, including the travel ban, putting in place a health plan, his tax reform so far looks pretty terrible as well. No ISIS solution in 30 days as promised. I doubt the wall will ever get built.

So I guess I am just confused as to what you consider success. All he does is succeed.. except when he fails?

Also I don't consider throwing a bunch of tomahawk missiles at Syria a success in any way, whatsoever.
edit on 28-4-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Also I don't consider throwing a bunch of tomahawk missiles at Syria a success in any way, whatsoever.

Hey man! If you asked Raytheon they'd say the Syrian strike was HUGE success! They get to sell the government another $70M in cruise missiles. Cha-ching. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

They already had a contract.
www.govconwire.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Indeed. So that devastating strike on the Syrian airbase actually cost the U.S. Taxpayers $83M. But I'm sure either Syria will pay for them or they are self-funding.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Consider it a training exercise for the Navy.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I'm just curious what your definition is, because he has had a -great- many business failures.

No doubt there are many failures on any path to success. Call Donald Trump
an unsuccessful business man. Can you do that? And every young administration
suffers failures. I don't see Donald Trump screwing up anything that wasn't
already completely screwed up. Even in your mentionings.
edit on Rpm42817v21201700000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think he was just thinking out loud like he always has. I don't think any President (no matter how well he knew what he was getting into) hasn't thought to himself "This job is harder than I thought" at one point or another.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Did you seriously just ignore the failed replacement of the ACA/Obamacare? Repealing or replacing the ACA would require new laws which is why Congress (aka the legislative branch) was involved in the first place. The willful ignorance is inexcusable.

Sorry, I guess the failure of Obama care has filled me with blind ignorance.

President Trump rarely says anything negative about former President Obama, but today Obama proclaimed that "Obamacare is more popular than President Trump." OUCH!

Source: theweek.com...

I see Obama still has Chicago-speak running through his veins.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't see Donald Trump screwing up anything that wasn't already completely screwed up.

Never mind fixing all those things he was going to fix, just don't screw anything up. Never mind bringing back all the factories. Never mind eradicating ISIS. Just don't screw anything up.

So, that's the level of the bar for Trump?

edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A candid, honest President is what we voted for, and quite frankly, what America needs after the last 8 years. Kudos to President Trump for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You can't honestly tell me that is all that is going on can you? I mean REEEEEEEALLY?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Kudos to President Trump for wearing his heart on his sleeve.
And his Twitter account.

The man needs a filter. Saying whatever pops into one's head is not a good characteristic.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, that's the level of the bar for Trump?

No Mr. Phage and I didn't say that either. But things don't happen in
the first 100 days of any presidency as I remember. I'm here hoping
for a good administration and see no reason to jump ship yet.
edit on Rpm42817v36201700000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A candid, honest President is what we voted for, and quite frankly, what America needs after the last 8 years. Kudos to President Trump for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

I really have trouble understanding under what logic Trump supporters can call Donald Trump "honest".

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Kudos to President Trump for wearing his heart on his sleeve.
And his Twitter account.

The man needs a filter. Saying whatever pops into one's head is not a good characteristic.

Probably not. But since he's human, imperfections come with the species.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

But things don't happen in the first 100 days of any presidency as I remember.

He's the one who made the 100 day promises.
www.whatthefolly.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join