It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

PS: I've never been a fan of Hillary either, but she would have been a MUCH better President than Trump is currently.

That's a pretty tuff call you're making tho Krazy man.

At this point I think a blind squirrel could do a better job than Trump, but Hillary was actually qualified. She had experience in politics. At the very MINIMUM she would have been able to navigate the politics of the office and wouldn't have been utterly surprised by the depth required of the job.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

. . . a blind squirrel could do a better job than Trump, but Hillary was actually qualified. She had experience in politics. At the very MINIMUM she would have been able to navigate the politics of the office and wouldn't have been utterly surprised by the depth required of the job.

YES! I think Hillary would have done an excellent job.

I keep getting called a Trump hater.

NO, I said he was unqualified.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

At this point I think a blind squirrel could do a better job than Trump, but Hillary was actually qualified. She had experience in politics. At the very MINIMUM she would have been able to navigate the politics of the office and wouldn't have been utterly surprised by the depth required of the job.

No denying that. but maybe Trump was simply commenting on that
reality. Jumping to judge is true hypocrisy IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I agree he is a big failure. I would run away to mommy and mar a lago too.

Who knew Trump haters really don't like failures.

I mean their entire party's platform is built on 'helping' them out with every little hearts desire.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No denying that. but maybe Trump was simply commenting on that
reality. Jumping to judge is true hypocrisy IMO.

You go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. I think his actions speak for themselves. He only confirmed what everyone else already knew. He had no clue what he was doing going in and didn't know the scope of the job he was running to do.

He had a bunch of ideas that SOUNDED good in his head, but he never did any research to check out if they were practical or realistic. Then he assumed that the Presidency is the same as a kingship (likely thanks to years of Republican media pretending like Obama treated the Presidency like one) and the rest if history.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

YES! I think Hillary would have done an excellent job. I keep getting called a Trump hater. NO, I said he was unqualified.

Then why do I get the impression you are a Trump hater?
Must be your previous posts cause I sure don't know you
in any other venue?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's efficient in Syria. Assad says build a university. A university is built. Assad says build a highway. A highway is built. Assad says build a hospital. A hospital is built. That's why Syria is such a threat to the monarchy in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the US it is not efficient. There are two parties that constantly obstruct each other. Middle Easterners can never understand the US. How can a country so divided even function?
edit on 28-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. I think his actions speak for himself. He only confirmed what everyone else already knew. He had no clue what he was doing going in and didn't know the scope of the job he was running to do.

I doubt if the hard headed pros you speak so highly of even understand the
signal that sends to them from the american people. Donald Trump is
Pres. because we're sick of their lies and cowardly ways. I've noted many
times how a third grader could do a better job in regards to past administrations.
Well guess what? Trump's that third grader and I believe it's worth the message.

In case you missed it.

edit on Ram42817v34201700000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Ram42817v37201700000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well guess what? Trumps that third grader and I believe it's worth the message.

If that is the case they Donald just proved that rhetoric was a bunch of horse manure. I prefer the corrupt politicians who know what they are doing over the raging jackass who can't be bothered to pick up a book and probably has never even LOOKED at the Constitution let alone read it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well you can forget your preference for the moment. As others have pointed
out the agenda doesn't seem to interrupted as of yet anyway. Trumps hands
may be tied more than he thought they would be. What if that's all he was
really referrring to? Do you ever not complain? I ask because I don't know?
Seriously?
edit on Ram42817v45201700000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Well the demolibs need to accept the fact that Killary lost the election. If they dont come on board now to support President Trump they should just leave and go to france or somewhere where they value freedom.

No they shouldn't just automatically fall in line and support Trump it is their job to support this nation. They should support policies that truly support Americans not the corporate rape of America dimwit is starting here.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

And I'll continue to stand with other liberals against him. What's your point?

Do you ever not complain? I ask because I don't know?
Seriously?

I don't recall this thread being about me. Or shall I start ad homineming you too?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It's efficient in Syria. Assad says build a university. A university is built. Assad says build a highway. A highway is built. Assad says build a hospital. A hospital is built. That's why Syria is such a threat to the monarchy in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the US it is not efficient. There are two parties that constantly obstruct each other. Middle Easterners can never understand the US. How can a country so divided even function?

So you're moving to Syria? Bringing Syria into a discussion about how Trump finally admits he's too stupid for the job really makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I didn't mean to offend you. Apologies all around.
Liberal?

Say no more!

A liberal thread no wonder!
edit on Rpm42817v02201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Trump is stupid? That's a new one.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, April 28, 2017

""President Donald Trump said Thursday he expected the presidency to be "easier" than his "previous life" as a real estate mogul.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters in a wide-ranging Oval Office interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

Trump, who spent years in the public limelight as a billionaire real estate magnate and reality television star, also lamented the lack of privacy in his new life as the country's most prominent public servant.

"You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said.

Trump added: "I like to drive. I can't drive any more.""

SOURCE: www.politico.com...

I get the feeling that Donald Trump may NOT run for re-election in 2020. Personally, I'd rather be a Billionaire than President of the USA. What about you, my fellow/lady ATS members?

-CareWeMust

Full disclosure--I'm not a Trump supporter, so take this FWIW. What I find so interesting about him is how far to the right he is locked into governing because there's a republican majority. He ran as a republican, so you would assume having GOP majority in both houses of congress would be an asset.

It's anything but. Paul Ryan is put forward as some genius thinker of policy. What has he ever done, other than win elections? Am I missing something? Trump is at his mercy for whatever policies get voted on in congress, so he's learned that pushback is futile.

I think Trump probably believed he could get healthcare for everyone that's better than what we have now. I happen to like Obamacare. It's working for me. It could be improved, sure, but anything can be made better. But the only option Trump is given by Ryan is this horrible frankenbill that's bad for just about everyone.

The only common link between Trump and Reagan is that they both were entertainers. Reagan had governing experience though. But I think the starkest difference between Trump and Reagan is that Reagan was able to inspire people. His policies didn't live up to the vision he painted. But, wow, like him or not, what a powerful figure he was, and that power stemmed from his rhetoric.

Trump came into office with the same opportunity to be a visionary. But he isn't able to inspire. He's able to keep his base placated, seemingly, and he's poking a stick at his opponents for whatever reason. But is that governing or leading?

I would rather seem my country succeed rather than fail, no matter who is in the president's seat. It sure feels like we're on the brink of chaos, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Well Donnie in the real world people quit jobs they can't handle. Him just saying he thought being President would be easy shows he's really an idiot.

Losers quit jobs they can't handle. The rest of us step up their game and see it through. And I don't see Trump quitting any time soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Losers quit jobs they can't handle. The rest of us step up their game and see it through. And I don't see Trump quitting any time soon.

The guy never quits and always succeeds. If that isn't a good resume for a Pres.
what is? And I bet he has just as much experience as Obama going in.
edit on Rpm42817v36201700000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Obama was a US senator for only 3 years before he started running at the age of 45. Experienced? Not much I would say.
edit on 28-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Back in Reagan's time it was the Cold War and both parties were in lock step. Now it's all peace so both parties are infighting. It's like in Libya. When they were fighting Gaddafi the rebels were in lock step. After that they infight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join