It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'd like you to answer my question from the end of the last page if that is not too much to ask.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
For a supposedly egotistical and narcissistic man, he sure showed great humility and honesty.

I find it more amusing those that are jumping on this and claiming he's a failure and saying why did he even run for president, only 100 days in, like he will be incapable of adapting and learning throughout the rest of his term.

He's not an idiot like most of you think.

My guess is he will do just fine.

I mean it was probably better than the alternative anyways.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Is obama your hero? I thought this thread was about Trumps whining
not Obamas.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So you are going to deflect instead of answer the question then. You are the one who pointed out to me that Obama was unconcerned about the birther controversy as a response to me pointing out that Obama was constantly piled on as well. I'm just trying to understand what prompted you to say that. You accused enlightenedservent of putting words in your mouth when he assumed you were saying that only thick skinned people are allowed to be piled on by the media. Well how else should we see it? Or are you just throwing out random deflections because you know we brought up a good point about the birther issue? Why is it not ok for the media to pile on against Trump but its ok when the media did it against Obama?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I do believe every president finds the job to be way more difficult than expected. But I think the vast majority of them expected it to be difficult and Trump seems to have expected it to be a cake walk. At least that's the impression he gave me during the campaign. That continued appearance of unawareness is what concerns me the most about our POTUS.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"President Donald Trump said Thursday he expected the presidency to be "easier" than his "previous life" as a real estate mogul.

Because he thought "he alone" could run it as he wished, which is what he was used too in the business world, and which shows he had no idea how government—or the presidency—worked, what with its many checks and balances.

Welcome to reality Donnie, you aren't an autocrat as president, you can't just do what you want, and you certainly can't bully to get your way like you used to in the business world.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I believe you mean this if you ease up and give me a chance here.
From page four .

Or are you saying that media piling on is only unfair when the President has thin skin and can't take it?

I didn't mention fairness at all and I wasn't really referring only to the present
head honcho at all really. Even tho it might have come across that way in text.
I'm not a big fan of bullsh!t and rhetoric against any POTUS. Why? Because the
job has got to be immense. Trumps underestimating that is his big mistake here
regarding the topic. Is it not?
edit on Ram42817v29201700000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Before it is over he will realize he has to campaign against all those who oppose his agenda, even if they are GOP.

He has to replace Senators and Congressmen who won't follow him and you do that through the US voters.

It's not easy to do but that's is how it is done and he has the skill set to do it if he is brave.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
I didn't mention fairness at all and I wasn't really referring only to the present
head honcho at all really. even tho it might have come across that way in text.
I'm not a big fan of bullsh!t and rhetoric against any POTUS. Why? Because the
job has got to immense. Trumps underestimating that is his big mistake here
regarding the topic. Is it not?

Yes. It is the topic, and that's the problem. It comes with the territory. Lamenting how things SHOULD be as a sympathy for Trump's whining doesn't magically make Trump look better. It just makes you look hypocritical (and Trump to be a whining baby). Hence the confusion from us previously. Trump even dished it out regularly against Obama. Yet somehow he was unprepared for this.

No a real leader understands the job comes with difficulties like this. A REAL leader takes these attacks and lets them slide off without effecting them. A REAL leader understands the meaning of patience and tact. Trump is none of thsoe things.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I pretty much pre agreed with what you just posted tho.
Trumps not my hero even tho I was extatic to see Hlllary
and her artillary blown to bits. That was cool!

I have no heros in politics.

I thought this thread was about Trumps whining not Obamas.

edit on Ram42817v41201700000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Trump is non compos mentis.

This will soon be impossible to ignore.

If Pence isn't caught up in the dragnet on foreign interference in our elections, then he will be President.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be Paul Ryan next.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I pretty much pre agreed with what you just posted tho.
Trumps not my hero even tho I was extatic to see Hlllary
and her artillary blown to bits. That was cool!

So instead of Hillary, we have a lifelong familial and oligarchal pal of the Clinton family.

Seems legit.

(Let's not forget that Trump acted in a way toward Syria that mimics that which Hillary wanted. They're both the same).

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Don't misunderstand me or anything here. I'm not accusing you of anything here. I'm just pointing out they hypocrisy Trump displays whining about this. Is it unfair? Sure. But life isn't fair and the media being relentless against the President has been a fact of life for most of Donald Trump's life. How this can take him by surprise is baffling to me. He's even contributed to it in the past.

It's arrogance like that that really drives home to me how unfit for the job Trump is. I cannot stand ignorant arrogance like that. It's not an endearing quality to me. It's just spells stupidity to me.

PS: I've never been a fan of Hillary either, but she would have been a MUCH better President than Trump is currently.

link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I'm no fan of Obama but just blaming him is stupid. Did you know NoKo. tested their first successful nuke under Bush's reign? What did he do about that? Nada. NoKo has been an issue for over 60 years so stop blaming only Obama.

link   
good than he can do the job without pandering for votes

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

They're both the same).

Again, I have no heros in politics. And it sounds like you're saying Trump
the unprofessional is doing exactly what the professionals would do any
way. So is it here or there? Where TF is it?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

PS: I've never been a fan of Hillary either, but she would have been a MUCH better President than Trump is currently.

That's a pretty tuff call you're making tho Krazy man.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

I remember a long time ago reading a quote from Bill Clinton about that. He'd said something to the effect (affect?) of "The biggest surprise when becoming president was learning just how tied your hands are". At the time, I assumed he meant something like the number of treaties and existing laws that prevent presidents from doing whatever they want. As I got more into conspiracy theories, I started thinking the major donors & powerbrokers let him know his limits "or else".

With Trump, I think it's simply because he had no experience in public office. It's one thing to run a company where your family members are the only people who can dispute your decisions. But it's another thing altogether to have 2 other entire branches of govt that were designed to balance and weaken your power. That's literally the point in the "checks & balances" system.

Other people with presidential ambitions usually hold other offices first so they can get a better grasp of how the system really works. Plus, their time in office helps them create alliances with members of the other factions who they'd have to deal with as president. not only did Trump do neither of these, but he even went so far as to insult the various Senators, Representatives, & judges from his own party. Does he really think that Senators Rubio, Cruz, and Paul have already forgotten his constant insults while campaigning? And how stupid was it to attack the legitimacy of the judges who literally have the power to block his executive orders?
edit on 28-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: effect or affect? meh

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Just goes to show what the rest of us have been saying all along. Donald Trump is unqualified and unfit for the presidency. You all said "Give him a chance". Well, now he's admitted it himself.

As far as his success in his first 100 days? He's accomplished nothing except knocking down the structure that were put in place through the hard work of his predecessors. Breaking stuff is easy. Acting the bully and knocking down sand castles is easy. Actually building stuff is complicated. DUH!

edit on 28-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Just goes to show what the rest of us have been saying all along. Donald Trump is unqualified and unfit for the presidency. You all said "Give him a chance". Well, now he's admitted it himself.

As far as his success in his first 100 days? He's accomplished nothing except knocking down the structure that were put in place through the hard work of his predecessors. Breaking stuff is easy. Acting the bully and knocking down sand castles is easy. Actually building stuff is complicated. DUH!

If we're going to compare past performances?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join