It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Chillax man. Our 'shutting-up' has absolutely zero effect on whether Trump does or does not accomplish all the grandiose promises he's repeatedly made. From the start I've taken him at his word and I'm holding him to it. He'll either deliver on his promises at some point or he will not. Those of us not blindly supporting him have no effect on that. None.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
When in all fairness Trump was probably expecting a Presidency such as Obama had. Zero blocks to anything Obama wanted done, glamorous over the top fawning media coverage, and nobody to complain when he took vacations or golfed nonstop (like his predecessor).

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Krazysh0t

THe constitution is hundreds of years old. It has an interesting idea or two but its flawed. Hence all the amendments. THe amendments are what matter.

I have to quote this stupidity for posterity's sake. That way there is no editing later. I mean WOW. I'm truly speechless. I seriously pray you are trying to (poorly) troll me right now because you are currently validating a negative stereotype of Trump supporters. That they are secretly authoritarians.

This the same guy that thinks after only 100 days trump is the best president of last century?
Hahaha

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Wow. You are talking absolute rot.

On the subject of holidays and time off ALONE you ought to know better. Trump cost the treasury over ten million dollars in his first MONTH, getting too and from Mar-a-Largo. That is close to Obamas whole year cost of 12 million for his trips. By the end of the current year, Trump will likely outspend Obamas travel costs for the entire bloody eight years of the Obama administration.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: FuggleHop

THe constitution is hundreds of years old. It has an interesting idea or two but its flawed. Hence all the amendments. THe amendments are what matter.

I have to quote this stupidity for posterity's sake. That way there is no editing later. I mean WOW. I'm truly speechless. I seriously pray you are trying to (poorly) troll me right now because you are currently validating a negative stereotype of Trump supporters. That they are secretly authoritarians.

This the same guy that thinks after only 100 days trump is the best president of last century?
Hahaha

Yes last century, not this one. How Trump can be the President of the last century when he wasn't the President during that era baffles me, but there you go...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He's a arrogant jackass who has no business being POTUS but I have to shut up and give him a chance? Why? Because he's your man? The hypocrisy here is that I'm sure you railed against Obama at every opportunity, never giving him a chance but here you are now demanding all Trumps haters stop hating and give Trump a chance.

So how about NO.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
When in all fairness Trump was probably expecting a Presidency such as Obama had. Zero blocks to anything Obama wanted done, glamorous over the top fawning media coverage, and nobody to complain when he took vacations or golfed nonstop (like his predecessor).

So wait. Did you forget that the Republicans and conservative media existed from 2009 - 2017?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And let's not forget that the Republicans tried to block and obstruct literally everything Pres Obama did. They even blocked his Supreme Court nominee for almost 9 full months while refusing to allow Democrats to fill a record number of judicial vacancies (HERE). And by May of 2014, congressional Republicans had blocked several hundred Democratic bills in Congress (HERE).

Yet people on the right are acting like President Obama had it easy? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Their collective amnesia is mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And let's not forget that the Republicans tried to block and obstruct literally everything Pres Obama did. They even blocked his Supreme Court nominee for almost 9 full months while refusing to allow Democrats to fill a record number of judicial vacancies (HERE). And by May of 2014, congressional Republicans had blocked several hundred Democratic bills in Congress (HERE).

Yet people on the right are acting like President Obama had it easy? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Their collective amnesia is mind boggling.

Yeah. How they can sit there with a straight face and say that Obama had it easy is beyond me. Hell, they are STILL complaining about the things Obama does. He goes on vacation overseas and they are all up in arms like he is avoiding extradition. Then he goes on the speaking circuit and its a problem he is pulling down six figures per speech.

Some serious lack of intellectual integrity on display here...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I doubt he will have as much success fighting off the effects
of aging as he's had in the past. Suck it up Trump! This is no
time to start snivelling.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It must be so rough, Don.

All these people starving, all these people who can't find work - but poor ol' Donny, his new life isn't as easy as he thought it would be.

What a poor, helpless little soul.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Exactly. It makes it reeeeeally hard for me to take them seriously.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me. Even if I complain or argue over those disagreements, I'll still respect the fact that everyone's entitled to his/her own opinions. But I have a very low tolerance for adults deliberately lying to my face like this. We just went through 8 full years of obstruction and opposition, but they're trying to act like that never happened now that they're in power.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

So wait. Did you forget that the Republicans and conservative media existed from 2009 - 2017?

Things such as the Fast and Furious scandal don't exist in alt-right land.

Obama and his administration also never took any crap, at any time, regarding the ACA.

It's hilarious how literally any/every thread that isn't bowing to the feet of Trump is derailed with Obama/Hillary/the left deflections lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

All these people starving, all these people who can't find work - but poor ol' Donny, his new life isn't as easy as he thought it would be.

Part of what sucks is the relentless attacks for every little thing he says.
I know that's the price of being POTUS but people should at least refrain
from being so over the top.
edit on Ram42817v20201700000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Stuff like that just further makes me believe that obstructing them at every turn is the right thing to do. They need a taste of their own medicine and I enjoy the gnashing of teeth they display for being kept in check all the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Over the top like publicly declaring the President is a foreign born Muslim for 8 years despite all evidence being to the contrary?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Over the top like publicly declaring the President is a foreign born Muslim for 8 years despite all evidence being to the contrary?

I doubt if that bothered Obama at all really. I know I would laugh that one
off in the light of it being incorrect. I'm sure you'll agree. At least Trump is
giving it is best shot.
edit on Ram42817v31201700000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I agree.

It's like when hearing that Hillary is secretly a shapeshifting Reptilian who is dead and employs a body double.

Or like how Obama is secretly Osama Bin Laden.

Or how Michelle Obama is secretly a gorilla.

Let's not pretend that this # is isolated to one particular ideology.

I've heard more propoganda spewed against "Comrade Bernie," come from the mouths of those who now want to play the victim card because "words hurt," and clearly, there's a narrative being pushed in which "one doesn't speak ill of Dear Leader."

Trump and his cult members can go # themselves. They better hang on to their crow memes, they're going to be feasting on it for years to come. These people are more gullible than Clinton supporters (considering they support a life-long familial and oligarchal pal), and they deserve exactly what they voted for.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

My family & I have already been at that point for a while now. We know quite a few Muslim immigrants who've been impacted by both the VISA snafu & local repercussions for Trump's victory. For example, I won't go into too much detail but close to half of the Saudi & Kuwaiti Muslim students at the college where my Dad teaches have ended their enrollments & gone back home since the end of last semester. It's cost the college millions and the lost of money has hurt the college a lot, but that's what they voted for (it's in a small & ultra conservative county).

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I doubt if that bothered Obama at all really. I know I would laugh that one
off in the light of it being incorrect. I'm sure you'll agree.

Whether it bothered him or not is irrelevant. We are talking about the media piling on here not whether the piling on gets to the President or not. Or are you saying that media piling on is only unfair when the President has thin skin and can't take it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join