It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hope you're right but I'm pretty skeptical. I live in a Republican controlled State where only maybe 7 counties have Democratic control and/or large amounts of ethnic minorities. This State a long history of being extremely conservative, both socially and politically. The vast majority of people here have Republican leaders at the city & county level. Republicans control each chamber of our State legislature by at least a 2 to 1 margin. Our Governor's a Republican, both of our federal Senators are Republicans, and almost all of our members of the federal House of Representatives are Republicans.

Yet the conservatives here till say they hate big government, hate politicians, and want to shutdown the govt. They constantly whine & complain about how bad politicians are, how much the govt is screwing them over, and how govt should stay out of their lives.

So take a guess who they blame when asked for details? It's always the Democrats' fault, liberals' fault, Hispanic "illegals" fault, creeping Sharia Muslim's fault, inner city "thems" fault, "Adam & Steve"-type's fault, TBTP's fault, etc. But never will they blame their own side even though all of the other groups have no political power here whatsoever. The reason I started supporting the Green Party is because the Democratic Party here is either nonexistent in many local jurisdictions or has simply surrendered in others.

Trump is just a symptom of the problem. There are probably a million people just in my State who are like Trump; as in, who are anti-intellectuals yet complain that this govt stuff is too complicated. Like WTF? Maybe if they took some time embrace knowledge and learn the details, it wouldn't be so hard to them.
edit on 1-5-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yes. I understand what you are saying, and you are right. The rhetoric is THICK right now. Too much talking and not enough thinking going on. But remember politics is cyclical. Not everyone is partisan brainwashed. The moderates will come around again when they get disgusted with the Repubs' inability to do anything.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't know, man. A lot of the Republicans in my State said they couldn't vote for Trump because of his language, behavior, and perceived incompetence. Even the Republican Mayor of one of our largest cities (a relatively liberal city at that) came out before the election & said he couldn't support Trump. The result? Trump won by a landslide & Republicans won most of the positions that I mentioned earlier.

In other words, I don't have any faith in the "moderates" here at all. They believe in moderation until the election cycle's fearmongering kicks in. Then it's like there's a collective hysteria, they reelect the same people here who've constantly given them the laws they complain about, and then they "come to" after the election to claim they hate govt. I've concluded that their "moderation" is the mask they wear when outside of their conservative safe spaces, but I guess I shouldn't say that out loud?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Small moves are great. Lighting little lights, one by one in a world so prone to darkness as this one, is a grand and noble undertaking, certainly.

But, in the scenario I mention, if you have a chance to make large changes that banish darkness from everything you touch, eviscerating poverty, gutting greed, destroying the foundations of tyranny and abolishing the social stigma that keeps the lowly low, and the tower dwellers ever richer, then you have an obligation to the people and the nation to take that chance, to make those changes.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Realtruth

Small moves are great. Lighting little lights, one by one in a world so prone to darkness as this one, is a grand and noble undertaking, certainly.

But, in the scenario I mention, if you have a chance to make large changes that banish darkness from everything you touch, eviscerating poverty, gutting greed, destroying the foundations of tyranny and abolishing the social stigma that keeps the lowly low, and the tower dwellers ever richer, then you have an obligation to the people and the nation to take that chance, to make those changes.

Yea point taken.

It seems that we as a society allow there douche-bag bullies to rule the roost. Why! I have absolutely no idea. But we seem to give individual power away very easily.

I think if people had critical thinking skills and were taught a different way early on we'd have a better chance, however just look at episodes of "Jerry Springer".

People seem to love drama, even though it's extremely destructive in the long run.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In regards to his big-ticket agendas, President Trump should start working with Democrats 1st, AND THEN pivot over to Republicans for their input. It's the only way he'll be able to keep his sanity.

Only 105 days in, and the poor guy is experiencing frustration greater than anything he ever imagined. And it's not his fault. It's his CRAZY party.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The fact is, that it is not just his party, or indeed the other party, which seem to be causing him trouble. The main driver of his frustrations, appears to be that he simply has not done his research very well, with regard to the realities, the complexities of governance.

He continues to attempt to use hammers, where scalpels are necessary. He continues to use broad brushes, where a finer tip is required to correctly convey his policy. He fails in every particular to show a nuanced understanding of the issues that his policies are meant to be addressing, and without that understanding being evident in the structure of his policies, he should not expect to see those policies enacted, without some significant opposition. And it is worth pointing out at this juncture that the opposition he is encountering is absolutely justified, given his frankly witless approach. His plans lack fundamentally important details, show that he has a far from complete understanding of what the departments of government do, how they operate, AND that he has not got the level of awareness of these things which would be necessary to concoct a successful replacement for those things which need to be cut away, nor any idea how to improve the function of promising, yet under performing elements of the infrastructure.

The simple reality is that the people who are opposing his plans, both on the left and the right, while they are of course going to be paddling the canoe of the corporations (just like he does, with every appointment and every single flick of his pen), are also doing so because if they allow the man to run amok with his kindergarten level of political and civic understanding, the country he is in charge of will be nothing but fire and ashes within a couple of years, along with the rest of the world if the chips fall badly.

There is far more at stake than Mr Trump has even considered. Put another way, the man knows less about running a country than some of the people on this website do, and that is not the sort of situation in which ANY national leader should find himself, most certainly not a situation in which a nations leader ought to be given free reign to do whatever he feels like on a given day. Perhaps if the fellow seeks to change things in Washington, he ought to start by understanding its function well enough to come up with reasonable alternatives to current operations, rather than just getting angry and blustering on Twitter, or making an absolute idiot of himself on camera, by, oh... I don't know, claiming an armada is heading in a different direction than it actually is, or forgetting which nation he ordered a bomb to be dropped upon?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have but one star to give this post, and that pains me, because this is excellent and well said.

It was clear Trump was in over his head before he was even elected, just by his campaign rhetoric alone. He made it clear he had little desire to truly learn about governance via the laws of the land. That he values ignorance and instincts over facts and education.

Thing is, he can't come up with new or reasonable alternatives. it's beyond his scope. Running a business is nothing like, nor should it be, running a country. the opposition he faces is because he cant get that through his thick skull.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I hope you're right but I'm pretty skeptical. I live in a Republican controlled State where only maybe 7 counties have Democratic control and/or large amounts of ethnic minorities. This State a long history of being extremely conservative, both socially and politically. The vast majority of people here have Republican leaders at the city & county level. Republicans control each chamber of our State legislature by at least a 2 to 1 margin. Our Governor's a Republican, both of our federal Senators are Republicans, and almost all of our members of the federal House of Representatives are Republicans.

Yet the conservatives here till say they hate big government, hate politicians, and want to shutdown the govt. They constantly whine & complain about how bad politicians are, how much the govt is screwing them over, and how govt should stay out of their lives.

So take a guess who they blame when asked for details? It's always the Democrats' fault, liberals' fault, Hispanic "illegals" fault, creeping Sharia Muslim's fault, inner city "thems" fault, "Adam & Steve"-type's fault, TBTP's fault, etc. But never will they blame their own side even though all of the other groups have no political power here whatsoever. The reason I started supporting the Green Party is because the Democratic Party here is either nonexistent in many local jurisdictions or has simply surrendered in others.

Trump is just a symptom of the problem. There are probably a million people just in my State who are like Trump; as in, who are anti-intellectuals yet complain that this govt stuff is too complicated. Like WTF? Maybe if they took some time embrace knowledge and learn the details, it wouldn't be so hard to them.

Another great post with which I agree 100%. Trump is not the core problem, he is a symptom of a rot. He would not be stinking up the oval office with his tantrums and corruption if it weren't for some 63 million people in this country who knowingly and willingly and actively put him there.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

YES we know,THIS was the idea,NOT perfect but not expected to be.
THE WHOLE planet forgot ANYONE can be POTUS ,NOT just lawyers and service men. ANYBODY.
THINGS were getting STAGNANT,WE deliberately threw threw a joker,get over it
I'm QUITE surprised you ALL let Hillary screw you all like that ,but HEY I guess EMPEROR PALPATINE would have worked for you too,but WE said NO because you don't LISTEN.
THE COASTS don't rule the country folks AS WE have JUST proven all the nifty tantrumery is mute.
WE didn't attack the populace when CLINTON or OBAMA were elected ,YOU and BLM can't either or your more exuberant factions will get THUMPED soundly.
OR perhaps MOWED over on our many HIGHWAYS,for a factual recreation of "DEATH RACE" perhaps would be a hoot( I KNOW I should have sketched out those SCORING posters...I'D make a FORTUNE)
We'll continue to minimize the Prog mania as they burn their own zepplin off into the sunset. DRAGGING the Commie ATIFA ninjas with them as we BASK in the lamentations...

edit on 3-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

YES we know,THIS was the idea,NOT perfect but not expected to be.
THE WHOLE planet forgot ANYONE can be POTUS ,NOT just lawyers and service men. ANYBODY.
THINGS were getting STAGNANT,WE deliberately threw threw a joker,get over it
I'm QUITE surprised you ALL let Hillary screw you all like that ,but HEY I guess EMPEROR PALPATINE would have worked for you too,but WE said NO because you don't LISTEN.
THE COASTS don't rule the country folks AS WE have JUST proven all the nifty tantrumery is mute.
WE didn't attack the populace when CLINTON or OBAMA were elected ,YOU and BLM can't either or your more exuberant factions will get THUMPED soundly.
OR perhaps MOWED over on our many HIGHWAYS,for a factual recreation of "DEATH RACE" perhaps would be a hoot( I KNOW I should have sketched out those SCORING posters...I'D make a FORTUNE)
We'll continue to minimize the Prog mania as they burn their own zepplin off into the sunset. DRAGGING the Commie ATIFA ninjas with them as we BASK in the lamentations...

What the hell was all that there, Captain Caps Lock? Triggered much? Well, too bad. It's too hot in here for snowflakes, anyway.

I am glad to see at least, one Trump supporter, shed the mask at at least be upfront about their reasoning in electing their joker of choice. You didn't want to make America great again, we all knew that. You voted to destroy it, and screw over every American not exactly like you. You voted to destroy the country because of childish partisan lame ass reasons. In a nutshell, you voted to be childish and petty. That is your constitutionally protected right. Good for you.

However, you'd be an idiot to mistake my annoyance and disgust as "Lamentations" and you're party is going to be a dull one if that's your basis. Quite the opposite. Liberals lament. Me? I can't stop laughing, because they people who will suffer the greatest are the people who voted for Trump. In fact, the loudest lamentations I hear are the Trumpgretters, the idiots who are realizing now that they were the very people on trumps "to do list". The people suffering the greatest are Trumps own supporters, and you better believe I am enjoying their shame, disgust, and sorrow.

Trump and Clinton themselves were vile and irredeemable, but the people who supported them were actually more interesting to study. While Hilary Clinton herself had no redeeming qualities, her average supporter, for the most part, was a far better human being than any of the Trumpkins I've had the misfortune of encountering. Hilary supporters, deluded as they were into believing she remotely cared about them, voted because they believed they were protecting other Americans, because they believed she would do the least damage to the country. They voted mostly out of common sense and compassion, and a sense of duty to protect vulnerable Americans and foreigners from getting abused and persecuted. even if their own candidate lacked these qualities and had already sold us down the river. The intent of the voter here, is the issue.

The average Trump voter? Like you, voted for Trump because he promised to screw over, harm, and persecute others not part of your narrow version of "Amerikkka". You lit a fire cracker knowing it would blow up in other people's faces. You voted to ruin. Voted to destroy. The intent here is clear. Hell, it was the intent and dream of every enemy of the U.S. and American democracy to do exactly what you and your fellows chose to do. Wreck us within via collapsing our very institutions.

This is also why I am really enjoying this administration, too. Because the people he is screwing the most are the people who voted him in. That, right there, is theater too hot for Hollyweird. Lamenting? Hell no. This freak show is actually turning out pretty good. Trump is practically writing his own impeachment, and is self destructing not only himself, but dragging the whole far right with him. I'm heating up the popcorn, cracking a cold one, and watching everyone getting their just deserts.

You voted in ruin. And ruin you shall receive.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm not a Trump supporter I'm a constitutional NATIONALIST so your little movement for activism is a waste of minds.
KGB programed creations from the 60s which explains the flags always seen and the BASE of the lost philosophy.
WHAT kind of EPSILON Semi MORON,thinks what their cellphones tell them to do or MEDIA will be permitted by those who DO know how to fight?
Not that YOU are any threat just flys buzzing around...for now

AS to ruin the DNC specializes in it.
It's A BLAST to watch you people melt down,and the "WE'LL TAKE up arm's" thing PRICELESS.
LIKE ME telling a GAY man how to dress,not a PASTEL in sight.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'm not a Trump supporter I'm a constitutional NATIONALIST so your little movement for activism is a waste of minds.
KGB programed creations from the 60s which explains the flags always seen and the BASE of the lost philosophy.
WHAT kind of EPSILON Semi MORON,thinks what their cellphones tell them to do or MEDIA will be permitted by those who DO know how to fight?
Not that YOU are any threat just flys buzzing around...for now

AS to ruin the DNC specializes in it.
It's A BLAST to watch you people melt down,and the "WE'LL TAKE up arm's" thing PRICELESS.
LIKE ME telling a GAY man how to dress,not a PASTEL in sight.

If this resembled a coherent response in anyway, I might be persuaded to respond. However, it is clearly not, and since it's not my job, nor my desire, to decrypt the ramblings of the either drunk or mentally unstable, I won't bother.

Don't worry, I don't see you as much of a threat, either. Your kind of mentality inevitably self destructs and feeds on its own kind, as we see displayed in the current administration. The mentality is the same: juvenile, burning hot, but burning out quicker as a result.

No skin off my back.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Good.
You know little about conspiracies and less about history or literature,REGARDLESS of WHAT you have studied .
I see no need to bother with you either.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
May 12, 2017

It's interesting that President Trump is saying, "Hillary Should Have Won" more and more, during his interviews.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
May 17, 2017

From the FWIW Department...

The co-author of President Trump’s bestselling book “The Art of the Deal” said Wednesday that he thinks the president is in the middle of a “significant meltdown."

“I think he’s reacting from a survival place,” Tony Schwartz told Anderson Cooper on CNN’s “360.” “He’s in pure defensive mode. I think that he’s being run by the part of his brain that’s reactive and impulsive, not capable of reflection." 

“The sense of siege that he feels because his sense of self-worth is so, so vulnerable that the series of things that have happened are overwhelming to him.”

Schwartz’s remarks follow the Justice Department Wednesday appointing a special counsel to probe Russian meddling into the 2016 presidential election.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced that former FBI Director Robert Mueller had accepted the role.

Trump responded to the news in a statement Wednesday, saying that a federal investigation would find “no collusion” between his 2016 campaign and “any foreign entity.”

“I look forward to this matter concluding quickly,” Trump added. “In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country.”

SOURCE: thehill.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join