It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not even for a trillion dollars a year would I take on the POTUS label.
what, and have every one know my name and hate me for being the name-face that the higher ups known as 'them/they' hide behind while they do all the bad outrageous bullcrap that the potus gets blamed for???

Couldn't pay me enough to be the name and face the world loathes.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm pretty sure it is one of those things where no one can imagine the pressure / responsibility someone else would feel until put into the possisition.

I respect him for being honest, better than being fake....

I can relate, it is like a military deployment, it sounds tough, but until you have done it, all the movies and books and news and stories can't prepare you for how much work it actually can be, there is just no way to understand unless you have been through it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

But if you were to say "TrueBrit, you can either be one or the other, and you have no option to go live on a mountain, in the snow and the peace and quiet!", then I would have to go for leadership. Why? Because at least in that position I could do something good for other people, while receiving nothing in return but the joy of knowing that lives would improve as a result of it.

You can always do something good for people, it may not be monumental but it can be one person at a time.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Obama was a very weak president, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing and how it was going to affect things. I think he was very smart, but thats what made him more dangerous as the leader of this country. He was smart for all the wrong reasons. He knew he was destroying things and setting our country back many many years. He also knew he was giving our intelligence to the muslim brotherhood and he didn't care, and his name was written all over the classified emails on Hillary's server, and he wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. He literally made mistakes on purpose because no president in the history of this country could be that stupid and inept, and he was a lawyer. He made friends with foreign leaders that didn't have our best interests at heart, and they still don't, and for all of his talk about transparency he was very secretive. This last week it was reported that he is also getting 400k for a speaking fee for wall street insiders, just like Hillary did.
In contrast, Trump is a very strong president, and what he has done so far (or tried to do) has proven his resolve and dedication to do what is best for the American people, and not like Obama or Clinton who believe in selling our country out to the highest bidder. So yes, I do believe knowing how difficult your job is, is considered more of an asset than a liability, and its on par with knowing just exactly what your dealing with.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ONLY a fool wouldn't have guessed he would have a steep learning curve,HE'S not a lawyer or military.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am always thought West wing
Showed the stress of being president quite well.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

I'll have to watch that TV show. Never seen it before. Thanx!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I hope the USA doesn't attack the North Korea it can start WW3

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

Trump makes it worse by not trusting his cabinet. They have to run hiring decisions by him in truth he should just trust their judgement. But Trump likes to have his small little hands in everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I think his standpoint is that he wanted to make a difference, many interviews where he states that he would wake up mornings to the paper and see things that he could not solve. It took him years and those around him to persuade him to go for it. With that in mind, he didn't want the job that is being President, he wanted to help change things for the better. Yet to change things for the better, he had to be President. So, I think only now he is President, has it hit him that his ambition to do right has landed him a lot of negatives in his life when he had so many positives. However, at least he will be able to retire knowing he got America on track again and I can assure you that is whats running through his mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

He knew he was destroying things and setting our country back many many years

Sure, name one thing Obama destroyed?

Trump has already started destroying our government and the middle class is next.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allenb83
a reply to: fencesitter85

Obama was a very weak president, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing and how it was going to affect things. I think he was very smart, but thats what made him more dangerous as the leader of this country. He was smart for all the wrong reasons. He knew he was destroying things and setting our country back many many years. He also knew he was giving our intelligence to the muslim brotherhood and he didn't care, and his name was written all over the classified emails on Hillary's server, and he wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. He literally made mistakes on purpose because no president in the history of this country could be that stupid and inept, and he was a lawyer. He made friends with foreign leaders that didn't have our best interests at heart, and they still don't, and for all of his talk about transparency he was very secretive. This last week it was reported that he is also getting 400k for a speaking fee for wall street insiders, just like Hillary did.
In contrast, Trump is a very strong president, and what he has done so far (or tried to do) has proven his resolve and dedication to do what is best for the American people, and not like Obama or Clinton who believe in selling our country out to the highest bidder. So yes, I do believe knowing how difficult your job is, is considered more of an asset than a liability, and its on par with knowing just exactly what your dealing with.

And this, ladies and gents, is what happens when you drink the kool aid.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Sounds like he didn't think this whole being president thing thru very clearly.

Who could?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I remember an interview on some late night show with Obama. He talked about the little things too. He asked for a smart phone and what he got was a touch screen brick. I could see missing the little things. Like driving. I drive all the time. Not to be able to would kinda suck. That's why he golf's. It's the one thing he can do.

I know it's been tough but dont give up Trump. Your doing a pretty good job so far. Make this first year badass.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Unknownperson

Only on media.
It will be done surgically ...in fact (WE'VE had more than 50 years to study this,during the ceasefire)
The trick will be to shield the south and the big red 1 will have a NASTY job,BUT asinan troops SUCK and north Korea was TAUGHT by China WHO were in turn taught by Russia.

1st Signal Brigade (United States)
I Corps (United States)
1st Brigade, 7th Infantry Division (United States)
2nd Infantry Division (United States)
3rd Infantry Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division
7th Cavalry Regiment
7th Infantry Division (United States)
9th Infantry Regiment (United States)
15th Field Artillery Regiment (United States)
23rd Chemical Battalion
24th Infantry Division (United States)
31st Infantry Regiment (United States)
35th Air Defense Artillery Brigade (United States)
38th Air Defense Artillery Brigade (United States)
65th Medical Brigade (United States)
210th Field Artillery Brigade
501st Military Intelligence Brigade (United States)
501st Sustainment Brigade (United States)
719th Military Intelligence Battalion (United States)
SEE? 7th Cav is there WE GOT this...

and of course augment THAT with the rest of the armed forces and human wave assaults will be suicide lawns.
edit on 30-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

He also has the biggest of biggest words, and it's going to be the best, mark my words the turducken best.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

To me, it seemed like he was talking logistically. I think he'll run and win again in 2020. He'll get healthcare through by the end of the year and have the wall going just in time for the 2018 midterm campaigns to begin. I predict he'll increase the republican majority in congress (barring his going establishment on us).

I'm pleased with trump, albeit a little disappointed. I'd vote for him again though. I can't think of a dem I would be able to support over him.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Agreed. Government was always going to be a rude awakening for an outsider. But thank god we got one.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Neither side can measure or predict a moving target that ISN'T policy.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Republican mantra has PERFECTED oppositionism and the blame game, but they sacrificed their ability to govern and accept blame. Thus they constantly blame the Democrats for their continued mistakes. Luckily they cultivated the most ignorant of the country for their base so they can get away with longer than most would expect. Though the truth always prevails. The chickens will come home to roost and the Repubs will suffer blowback for their rhetoric that doesn't translate to governing and can only blame.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join