It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: underpass61

A candid, honest President is what we voted for, and quite frankly, what America needs after the last 8 years. Kudos to President Trump for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

I really have trouble understanding under what logic Trump supporters can call Donald Trump "honest".

I stand corrected. Make that, "more honest than the majority of business leaders and politicians".

I'm still having trouble gelling that logic considering Trump has broken records for amount of untruths he's uttered.

Maybe you're right. CNN keeps track of all the unimportant sidebar crap. I just follow the big promises and deliveries. On those issues, President Trump is fulfilling, and working to fulfill every one of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: carewemust

And thats why many did not vote for him. A billionaire man in business with no government-group-org's co-operation in running government. You know he never pumps his own gas or has ever shopped in a dollar store...he doesnt have to.

I knew we were in trouble when he said regarding ISIS. "I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me!" and "We're(funny WE) gonna immediately repeal Obamacare".

No clue about life of the average folks, or how a government runs with propositons, amendments, votes and co-operation from State representatives all over the country...and not by a single businessman giving orders.

AND he's just a temp...and we know who's home and giggling everyday now, right? Barrack, Jimmy, Bill, Georges" Junior and Senior.....

I bet he has and the govt should have special schools for wannabe potus's?

And yet the average folk voted him in.

Why? Because we didn't want another barrack, jimmy, bill or george.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Exactly right. After a steady string of "government types", America was READY for a SIGNIFICANT change. Unfortunately, Donald Trump wasn't ready for the job, but he's a VERY fast learner.

I tell you, the book he eventually writes to describe what it's like being President of the USA, will probably blow all our minds.
edit on 4/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Change like repeal and replace?
Change like China being declared a currency manipulator?
Change like tax "reform?"

Or you mean change like changing his mind? Is that the significant change that America was READY for?

I tell you, the book he eventually writes to describe what it's like being President of the USA, will probably blow all our minds.
Who is going to write it for him?
www.newyorker.com...

edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How true...There is no real training for the Presidency...only one evil in exchange for another. Only in a history-review of our present days...in some far off future time...will we know which one was worse!

One can only hope it will be one who knew what he was doing....before there is nothing left to reflect on.

Thanks B.B.!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, thanks for pointing out that of the 2,900 days he'll likely be President (if he wants to), President Trump has accomplished quite a bit in his first 100. Nobody's perfect, but he's displaying tenacity, determination, honesty and flexibility. Good stuff for a leader!

I don't know who will write President Trump's book about his White House years. But it just occurred to me that he won't be able to write a "tell-all" book. That would involve spilling secrets, and hurt the Republican who succeeds him as President. (Probably his son, daughter, or son-in-law)

edit on 4/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: buster2010

Um no that's not how a republic works.
America is not a straight-up Republic. If you are an American they should have taught you that in school.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Someone is sorely misinformed.

Article 4 section 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It doesnt matter what they teach in school. Schools are run by lefty libs.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

33 States have Republican Governors and 32 States have Republican controlled Legislatures. If schools were really controlled by "lefty libs", then that means:
1. Republicans are choosing members of the Left to control their public schools.
2. Republicans are actually very left wing when it comes to teaching.
3. Facts tend to agree more with left wing perspectives than right wing perspectives.
4. You don't know what you're talking about & just made this up.

Why is it so hard for the right to take responsibility for your side's actions? You guys control most of the country and still complain about being powerless. That reeks of incompetence. Most conservatives live in cities with conservatives bosses & neighbors; live in conservative controlled counties; have conservative mayors and/or Governors, and have conservatives representatives representing them in their State legislatures and in Congress. Yet somehow the conservatives you select still don't have to take responsibility for their actions?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please tell me you are trolling... No one is THAT stupid.

Remember, you're trying to talk sense with a Trump supporter! They're in denial and ignore any ignorant comment or lie that blatantly comes out of their messiah's mouth. They have to protect their political party at all costs. They're living in their own reality and can't decipher truth from fiction.

If the POTUS was a liberal, these same ATS conservative Trump supporters would be all over him. There would be no mercy! Typical party bias and ignorance of facts.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Friday, April 28, 2017

""President Donald Trump said Thursday he expected the presidency to be "easier" than his "previous life" as a real estate mogul.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters in a wide-ranging Oval Office interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

Trump, who spent years in the public limelight as a billionaire real estate magnate and reality television star, also lamented the lack of privacy in his new life as the country's most prominent public servant.

"You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said.

Trump added: "I like to drive. I can't drive any more.""

SOURCE: www.politico.com...

I get the feeling that Donald Trump may NOT run for re-election in 2020. Personally, I'd rather be a Billionaire than President of the USA. What about you, my fellow/lady ATS members?

-CareWeMust

I'd prefer to be rich and obscure.

I wouldn't mind having between $100 million to $1 billion - but I'd split it up and make sure I had many levels of security - including gold and silver hidden away/buried.

I would prefer to be as anonymous as possible - and not draw attention to myself.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Thank-you for the reply UberDoubter. Being an anonymous low-keyed wealthy person, with your income-generating assets well diversified, would make life much less stressful for a lot of us!

But there are always those like Donald Trump, who like the lime-light, and also want to do things that make life better for everyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I think Trump is more than aware of the reason he ran for President in the first place. To create a more solidified and free America, so that driving cars 'for women' and carrying guns/ the right to bear arms', 'as the Second Amendment states, is legal', and never infringed.

It doesn't mean he won't do it, it only means he's being honest, and stating the truth. Being the President of the Worlds most Powerful Country has to be one of the most mind bending, most difficult jobs on the planet.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Poor little Donnie
100 days in and even with all his golfing weekends he's finding it tough. If only the mean nasty media would stop being mean! Poor little guy.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

33 States have Republican Governors and 32 States have Republican controlled Legislatures. If schools were really controlled by "lefty libs", then that means:
1. Republicans are choosing members of the Left to control their public schools.
2. Republicans are actually very left wing when it comes to teaching.
3. Facts tend to agree more with left wing perspectives than right wing perspectives.
4. You don't know what you're talking about & just made this up.

Why is it so hard for the right to take responsibility for your side's actions? You guys control most of the country and still complain about being powerless. That reeks of incompetence. Most conservatives live in cities with conservatives bosses & neighbors; live in conservative controlled counties; have conservative mayors and/or Governors, and have conservatives representatives representing them in their State legislatures and in Congress. Yet somehow the conservatives you select still don't have to take responsibility for their actions?

Best post I've seen in ages.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Really genuine of him to say that

You mean it's really stupid of him to think it would be easy. Like he thought healthcare would be easy.

He's an idiot and so are his fans.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wow, a president being altruistic and honest about his personal life is somehow a weakness? I think all the good he will do for this country in the months and years ahead will solidify his decision to run for a second term. He has way too much concern for this country to not run in 2020. In the presidential election system here in America, incumbents have a much better chance of winning anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Guess he didn't know how America's constitutional democracy works.

Gotta love those checks and balances.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allenb83

Wow, a president being altruistic and honest about his personal life is somehow a weakness? I think all the good he will do for this country in the months and years ahead will solidify his decision to run for a second term. He has way too much concern for this country to not run in 2020. In the presidential election system here in America, incumbents have a much better chance of winning anyway.

Lol. Imagine if Obama had said this. You'd all be up in arms about him being a weak little snowflake.

Donnie is out of his depth and he knows it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join