It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - I Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than Running a Business Empire.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Friday, April 28, 2017

""President Donald Trump said Thursday he expected the presidency to be "easier" than his "previous life" as a real estate mogul.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters in a wide-ranging Oval Office interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

Trump, who spent years in the public limelight as a billionaire real estate magnate and reality television star, also lamented the lack of privacy in his new life as the country's most prominent public servant.

"You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said.

Trump added: "I like to drive. I can't drive any more.""

SOURCE: www.politico.com...

I get the feeling that Donald Trump may NOT run for re-election in 2020. Personally, I'd rather be a Billionaire than President of the USA. What about you, my fellow/lady ATS members?

-CareWeMust

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'd rather be neither. don't get me wrong...I would love a lot of money. Maybe not that much. It would pull in too many tendrils.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Sounds like he didn't think this whole being president thing thru very clearly.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Nothing surprising really. The strain is great...running a country while half of it is against you very step of the way. Not to mention international arena.

Really...you couldnt make me take the job even at gun point.

And I agree...I doubt he will run in 2020.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Maybe $900,000,000 is your upper tolerance limit, LOL.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'd be happy just to be a couple hundred thousadanaire
..President or P.M. no thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Sounds like he didn't think this whole being president thing thru very clearly.

Trump was starting to say in October 2016 that if he lost, he'd be just fine. More of the usual work, jet-setting, and parties would be just fine with him.

I think winning the race surprised him, more than it disappointed Hillary?
edit on 4/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I wonder who Trump will endorse for 2020? Maybe Bernie? He really likes Bernie and hates what Hillary did to him.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

That's probably why he spends a lot of time at Mar-a-Lago. It gives him some semblance of the freedom he used to have.

In regard to running in 2020, that is a long way off. I can't imagine it's a quick and painless adjustment when you become POTUS. Give it another year and he'll be used to it. Plus, once the media and libs get their panties somewhat unbunched, I imagine life will get a lot easier for him.
edit on 4/28/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

MUCH less than that and I would be happy. Just enough to pay bills, buy food, smokes, beer, and incidentals as I already do. Just Maybe give me a proper holiday paid. Just once a year. All I ask. Not every weekend golfing (gag)

edit on 4/28/2017 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I wonder who Trump will endorse for 2020?

Pedo Biden for president !!!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

...and free publicity. Also way too much extra money spent protecting him there and also the national security risks there. And don't forget the conflicts of interest. That is yuuge.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Whatever he said in that interview was calculated and said for a reason. Call it propaganda, call it marketing - either way we shouldn't look too much into the primary meaning of what he says. We should look beyond and identify a motive or aim which his words are trying to achieve. Chances are his speechwriters pen all the answers before he enters the room.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well Donnie in the real world people quit jobs they can't handle. Him just saying he thought being President would be easy shows he's really an idiot.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Amazing he is so candid.
Really genuine of him to say that
No doubt every president national leader has said or thought the same thing at one time or another
Really, Trumpy took on a wretched ship

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I agree he is a big failure. I would run away to mommy and mar a lago too.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I would not wish to be a billionaire, and I have no use for dominion over others.

But if you were to say "TrueBrit, you can either be one or the other, and you have no option to go live on a mountain, in the snow and the peace and quiet!", then I would have to go for leadership. Why? Because at least in that position I could do something good for other people, while receiving nothing in return but the joy of knowing that lives would improve as a result of it.

As a billionaire, you could do some charity work, make donations here and there, maybe even devote a fortune. But you could not CHANGE anything by doing so, except the financial pool from which works were completed. You could not make law which renders charity work unnecessary, by improving the operation of a state to the point where no one living in it had any need of charity. You could not create circumstances where even the destitute are able to live without fear of eviction, without concern over the quality of their accommodation, safe from every predatory influence of corporate greed, every avaricious and morally defunct individual or organisation. You could not bring about the end of mass surveillance in your nation, by having the entire signals intelligence department of your government arrested and investigated by a citizen lead probe team, designed to identify each and every person responsible for the devastation of citizens rights to privacy, and by extension freedom and liberty. But you could do these things, and more, as leader of a nation.

As for Trump, he thinks his job is hard now, does he? The poor, precious little snowflake. I hope he chokes, the feckless cretin. He has gained a huge amount of power, and all he can do with it is install regressive bigots to implement regressive, bigoted policies, and complain bitterly about his loss of freedom. What an irony. I do hope that he enjoys the corporatist nightmare he is attempting to inflict on an already embattled population. I mean, they will not mind, in the main, because they have been brainwashed and propagandised at for generations, to believe that the things that could save their lives will kill them, that the things which consume their effort and steal their financial stability, will protect them from harm. They are trained to love the MIC, or better yet, to hate it, but vote for people who will not curtail it, while believing that person for whom they voted to be a patriot, when really they are the enemy, as are all who resemble them in status and methodology.

But this is all by the by, is it not? He may not run again, but we are only just a hundred or so days into his presidency, and there is more, yet more sorrow for him to sow, yet more steps backward for him to force the nation into. Never mind the fact that to be happy about any of this, you have to be part of the problem. That does not matter now. Its a done deal. This is the plughole spiral, and short of something astounding happening to prevent it, oblivion is the only destination permitted by the flow of things now. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Having watched government operate now for a few decades, it really is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.

Nothing worth-while gets accomplished because of the stupid arguing back and forth across the isles about gobsmack.

Congress has forgotten who it's working for, and when they do they're working for people who aren't even in this country. It's a disgrace.

Obama had the same issue, and in that case I was thankful for it.

Regardless of who is president, the Congreess - House and Senate are incompetent, and need replace - ALL OF THEM.

So it is going to be a tough job no matter WHO is in the White House, because Congress is rotten.

Personally, I'd rather have enough money to own my own home, own my own modest family vehicles, pay the bills on time, decent healthy food on the table, and a little extra to do fun things with the family on a reguler basis. Nothing extravagant, granted showing the kiddos the rest of the world would be delightful. Sadly, not at this point in life, if ever. Any extra would be used to help friends/family with their issues.. Lord knows there are a few with medical bills that could use the help in the family..

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There is a reason that all presidents turn gray and look 20 years older after 4 years in office.
It is the most difficult job in our country.

I think that Trump likes challenges, and this is his ultimate challenge, so he will be just fine.
I am sure that the lifestyle itself is a step down for him.
The accommodations are less luxurious. I wondered if Melania stayed in NY after looking at the dump that is the WH residential wing.

I am sure that Trump knew all of this.
I think that he said what he did publicly to show that he is not in that job because it is easy, or because he gets anything out of it.
He is not doing it for power or money or fame or just to "be president", as many have claimed, because it really offers none of that.
He is doing it to help the country.
I think he said those things to show the sacrifice that he is making for us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join