It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

"Our allies in the Pacific region want us to be involved, should we just let them fend for themselves?"

Yes. It's been 70yrs since ww2. It's time it ended. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own. It's 2017 and the same technology is there for all to develop defense and or diplomacy. I will be glad when conservatives tire of serving the world and kicking their own countryman to the curb, unless you have a corporate name. It's so ironic, that Trump has led us to the same foreign disaster that he accused his opponent of. And he said she would start ww3 so I assume that prediction is still true.

edit on 29-4-2017 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

A war with North Korea is hardly WW3.

However Hillary wanted to shoot down Russian jets over syria that would have caused WW3 FFS.

Next election run a half descent candidate.

Infact stop your left bitching and start finding a new candidate for the next electiom who is not a establishment, disgusting, vile, bitch of a dynasty candidate.

Democrats #ed up picking Hillary over Bernie and you only have yourselfs to blame for the orange baffon being elected. YOU got thd government YOU deserved

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It would not have mattered who the democrat opponent was. Xtians and the southern white racists wanted a tough guy and a supreme court position. In this country, when those two political parties converge, there is your winner. Bannon knew that.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

To the OP.

These are the preludes. Overt use of diplomacy and when it fails, and it will, the SHTF

Thumbing your nose at the a superpower will eventually hurt, and that nose broken.

A nation near 1/5 the size of Texas and a population and 2 million less in population.

And threatens the United States.

If he had threatened China, China would wipe him out.
If he had threatened Russia, Russia would wipe him out.

When the US pushes diplomacy and it will not work, watch-out. It's an exercise of SOP.

mg

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

A war with North Korea is hardly WW3.

This war could easily escalate into WW3 for the following reasons:

1. Other nations are involved such as SK, Japan, Russia and China.

2. Lil' Kim is crazy and evil enough to take out members of his own family, starve his own people, etc. He strikes me as the type of despot who would take everyone around him out should he get cornered. Kim doesn't give a hoot as to how his people are doing. He wants them to serve him, not the other way around. One false move on our part or on the part of other involved nations, and bam - hello WW3.

3. Even if Kim can't use nukes, there are other deadly WMD's in his possession inc. chemical and biological weapons. If provoked, which wouldn't be hard to do, Kim might just say "the heck with these people" and start attacking his neighbors.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

"Our allies in the Pacific region want us to be involved, should we just let them fend for themselves?"

Yes. It's been 70yrs since ww2. It's time it ended. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own. It's 2017 and the same technology is there for all to develop defense and or diplomacy.

So you are in favor of nuclear proliferation? Wow. You are concerned that Trump will start WW3, but you don't mind if all countries start to develop their own nuclear weapons programs? Crazy.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

China and Russia wontbget involved except to join the USA.

China has made it clear to North Korea they are sick of there # and they are on there own.

Worst Russia will do is send a strongly worded letter to the UN while secretly being relieved Kim is gone.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So you are in favor of nuclear proliferation? Wow. You are concerned that Trump will start WW3, but you don't mind if all countries start to develop their own nuclear weapons programs? Crazy.

That' a really stupid and desparate point. I am not the President provoking a psycho. I do not sell the chemicals needed to proliferate nuclear nations.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

That' a really stupid and desparate point.

Nothing stupid nor desperate about it, it is exactly what you are implying, which I find to be crazy. The only reason countries like Japan and S Korea don't have nukes is because the US has promised to back them up. You want the US to renege on that commitment and for them to handle things themselves. Well, that will lead to nuclear proliferation. Most people are in favor of fewer nuclear armed countries in the world, but you seem to be going in the opposite direction.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Saturday, April 29, 2017

Today, Pope Francis weighed-in on the North Korea problem, with a VERY dire statement...

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE -- Pope Francis is warning that "a good part of humanity" will be destroyed if tensions with North Korea escalate, and he is calling for diplomacy and a revived United Nations to take the lead in negotiating a resolution. 

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly Crazykwok Killary Hinton would have already started WW3 or worse by now so we should be grateful that we have a real peacemaker in office I just hope he nukes North korea post Hasty.

Personally I agree with you 100% that its the dems fault for hiring a crazy monopothalistic fletcher of fire breathing proportions with an evil husband (NAFTA??!!) that led us to the brink of pathological war with North korea but little kimmy needs to be elimantated and theres only one man with balls enough to do that.

Enter: Donald Trump.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

No Ma'am IRAN is the supplier for them.
www.forbes.com...://www.forbes.com/sites/claudiarosett/2016/12/15/the-audacity-of-silence-on-possible-iran-north-kore a-nuclear-ties/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Sure cause I'm a world leader.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What is the answer? If diplomacy ends, then what is to stop any proliferation, military invasions or nuclear war?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Nuclear war won't be from the US, we don't have to, a complex decapitation operation with a JILLION moving parts, planned since the beginning of the ceasefire, IS standing by.

WE will be FINE .
South Koreans and the prisoners in the NORTH are the only concern here.
THEN of course the great rebuilding ,CHINA will love THAT.
edit on 30-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Cav, we can't whip the ME or ISIS into shape or our own gangs. Really, we are going to heel another nuclear nation?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

We haven't tried to do those things yet ,we were letting them happen and ignoring them,now the solutions are scary...some will take violence,before they become terrible.
Your army will do as ordered and win a cost YOU allow us.
Both in what we do and how many die.
LATELY the US has been going through the motions appearing to fight and dropping bombs on nothing.
Trump has shifted command from HIM to the Pentagon unlike his predecessor.
WE can and will do all of those things.

We are going to gun up to respond to the current Cold War.
The Pacific pivot may still be happening but China MAY have figured that out,WAR would be asinine anyway .
The middle east is a mess, ANY country will have a HARD time getting out of or getting anything DONE.
Those people have NOTHING so they lash out at we who have,fired up by holymen who aim it at us so WE respond.
Not because of some kind of institutionalized hate.The military we deploy today are NOT as ...MEAN as we were in the 80s...as CLEARLY evidenced by my recent banning.
Today these fights require ELITE forces and we are BURNING through them fast,we try to limit mission tempos by hitting with air but THEN collaterals that haunt us happen. advances in tech will probably get us through but Africa will be the toughest nut to crack. It will take China AND the US as well as Russia to figure it out.
Humanity should BOW THEIR heads in shame from that place.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I understand that you believe force must be met with equal force and you have the heart of a warrior. But, nuclear weapons and fantastic machines, I nothing about but I know they exist, does that not make war obsolete, unwinnable? If we are headed that way to more violence, shouldnt our leaders quit playing games and tell us the truth? Do we mothers not have the right to prepare for war, possibly annihilation? I watched the 300. I am a old woman because now I have an old soul because I am truly afraid for my grandchildren. Sometimes, I feel completely alone in that because I don't believe in an afterlife. When you are dead, you are gone.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

At the most it will take a month ,not a long fight.ONLY if you can HIDE could there be a delay.
Tunnels won't work THAT well,but THERE you might see Kim blow a nuke as a revenge weapon.
I'm really sacred that nut might turn on his own, I hope they SEE that and quit worshipping him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join