It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I think the big issue is a broke starving nation selling nuclear materials and devices to other nations like pakistan. Plus the issue of their intent to use them willy nilly on either s. Korea. Japan or the usa.

The war will be pretty fast though. Well hit them hard with something unique right off the bat. All their nuclear materials will be gone in our opening salvo.

Pakistan already has nukes.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Now I can't stand him. Impeachment.

For what?

You cant just impeach someone because you disagree with them, thats what elections are for. Next election run a electable candidate.
edit on 27-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Does Trump even know what diplomacy is?

Yeah it's the OPPOSITE of running around 'protesting' for the last 10 months and going around calling people rapists,tax cheats,nazi,fascist and every other disparaging term one can think of.

edit on 27-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
im not entirely too sure what NK has done to the US to create this 'conflict'

Are you really that naive? We protect South Korea and support Japan in the region as civilized nations under threat of nuclear war, promoted by the Dear Leader Lil Kim himself. They make and distribute movies and propaganda which serves to enslave its population. It's a goddamn travesty the world turns a blind eye to the human suffering occurring day in and day out to the men, women and children of that nation.

So, yeah. Are you really that naive?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Good on Trump, at least he is talking about negotiations.

A "World" force should, :

1. Create a diversion, with a minor skirmish, a few mortars, at the border with China (China is too scary, NK would not fight them).
2. Use one of the black triangles, to infiltrate wherever il Kim is hiding out, using NK spys for info.
3. Abduct OR seal off where he is with commandos, and weapons, so as to make a tight holding space, where the NK military wont possibly attack, in case the dear leader is hurt.
4. Hold him for ransom, that NK changes its policy and freedoms and stops being a World nuisance, and strive to reunite the Koreas.
5. Expose Lil Kim as being a Human and not a God, show him pooping and peeing, cowering in fear, panicking and acting.......human, SO the Ordinary People (not the elite, they already know), Know he is no better than them and is just as fallible, with weaknesses. Make him suffer, and scramble his brain, by watching reruns of Rodman singing poetry, and old Shaq movies!! Oh and MASH!! If I hear Alan Alder's laugh once more, Im Gonna..... !!!!!
7. Must NOT hurt him or torture him or Kill him, as that would make him a Martyr in their NK "Religion of Kims".
Must MUST Show he is an Ordinary man, with ordinary weaknesses.
The People have been brainwashed for 60 years.......they need to be UNwashed slowly!!
They need to see why it is MORE important to Join the World and Korea, and not be apart from it.
They need to know they CAN have a say in their own country, and enjoy some freedoms that other country's that for granted.
(note, that also means freedoms to be asses, commit crimes, drugs, rapes, religion, capitalist rippoffs etc etc.....maybe they dont want toooo many freedoms of the West)....

Using the angle of Korean "Unification" would be the most effective, reunitiing families etc, as a major leverage for the people, Oh that and a regular food inport supply.

That means, No More Sanctions, which only hurt the ordinary citizen, and make them HATE foreigners even More!!
It Does Not Work!!!.

Ok USA, Do it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Im aware.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This "diplomacy" talk really disappoints the MSM. Korea is gone from the top of most news casts and websites. A great indication that the President is on the right track.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

They do routinely threaten us with complete nuclear annihilation. Where have you been?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I agree that diplomacy would be the best solution, but imho Kim is too far gone for either sanctions or endless rounds of empty talks to work.

He is nuts and evil enough to starve his own people whilst he lives in the lap of luxury.

He is nuts and evil enough to kill or order to be killed many people, including members of his own family.

He is nuts and evil enough to keep ramping up his threats. Sooner or later he will follow through on them. Kim impresses me as the type of person who, when cornered, would take down everyone around him rather than surrender.

There has been much debate as to whether or not NK has nuclear capability. I think it would be foolhardy to underestimate this despot. Even if NK can't nuke us, they have plenty of chemical and biological weapons. The latest example of that is the murder of Kim's brother.

If he can have his own brother whacked, I doubt Kim would blink twice about killing many people. It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but war is coming, like it or not. NK is literally surrounded and imo Kim will do his own version of the "Samson option."

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Now I can't stand him. Impeachment.

Charges first, because you don't like him is not enough of a reason.

Keep in mind you will need evidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Does Trump even know what diplomacy is?

If money can be made, then we can talk?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Would it make much more of a difference between our last two presidents?

Both of them loved the chit out of war and the patriot act. Oh, and let's not forget private sector money and lobbyists involved in federal government.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What would it take for me to respect Trump?
Trump meeting with Lil' Kimmy Boy at the DMZ.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Trump said during the campaign that he'll meet with any world leader who wants to meet. So, it's possible from his point of view. Lil' Kimmy Boy is a hermit though.

link   
Gotta get that oil....

link   

Maybe threaten to wipe us off the map every single day while they keep developing the weapons to do that.

So let me ask you Einstein, should we stop them after they have an arsenal full of nukes?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Proxy wars and buffer zones are as old as old ladies' farts.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
As someone a bit more humanitarian than political, I say its high time we do some liberation of NK

I was against (am generally am against) any meddling in the middle east because the people need a dictator there..religion thing. no dictator, they will just elect cult leaders and go full crazy, but NK folks wouldn't have that issue. they would be as open and productive as south koreans in under a decade if given the chance.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

He offered to, Fat boy declined, called it lipservice.

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Israel is threatened with total destruction so frequently by one country or another, that I think they just ignore those threats now, and go about their business.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join