It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
President Trump said a major conflict with NK is possible, this is in response over nuke missile program the NK is building. Trump also said he would prefer a diplomatic solution.

www.reuters.com...
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday a major conflict with North Korea is possible in the standoff over its nuclear and missile programs, but he would prefer a diplomatic outcome to the dispute.

Trump wants a peaceful solution, and NK nuke missiles have been a problem for many presidents before him. Trump's admin is preparing for new economic sanctions but will not take a military response off the table.

Nonetheless, Trump said he wanted to peacefully resolve a crisis that has bedeviled multiple U.S. presidents, a path that he and his administration are emphasizing by preparing a variety of new economic sanctions while not taking the military option off the table.

"We'd love to solve things diplomatically but it's very difficult," he said.

On Wednesday Trump's admin declared NK an urgent security threat. The WH is also focusing on economic and diplomatic pressure on China in hopes they can help with NK.

The Trump administration on Wednesday declared North Korea "an urgent national security threat and top foreign policy priority." It said it was focusing on economic and diplomatic pressure, including Chinese cooperation in containing its defiant neighbor and ally, and remained open to negotiations.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If this moron leads us into ANOTHER war.... Diplomacy he claims to seek but he's a pathological liar.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
im not entirely too sure what NK has done to the US to create this 'conflict'

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ok, not keeping the cards close to the chest tonight.

I think that if Trump draws a line in the sand it is going to be for real, our last president let things slide and this is no longer the case. Right or wrong the world is going to have to adjust to a strong leader in Trump.

The US has had a problem with since the 1950's. I think that the we are going to wipe you off the map talk from NK is not going to win any points with Trump. Obama, sure. But I get the feeling that Trump is not going to allow this-for good or bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I agree, is this left over pissed off stuff from the Korean war? I can assure everyone that saying you are going to blow up the US is not going to sit well with Trump.

This crap sandwich may have flown with Obama, not with Trump.
edit on 27-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
im not entirely too sure what NK has done to the US to create this 'conflict'

They did not surrender their financial systems to the one true system. All wars are banker wars.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I believe you are correct, financial hit men. The banking system is the master anyone who is in debt is a slave.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If this moron leads us into ANOTHER war.... Diplomacy he claims to seek but he's a pathological liar.

We you are already at war withbNorth korea and have been since 1950.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now I can't stand him. Impeachment.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nail on the head

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Very true, I hope this doesn't turn into a proxy war-Russia china/US using NK to test out new weapon systems.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The cognitive dissonance is pretty strong here. News flash the war with Northkorea never ended. Were you all braindead for the last 8 years? This is getting worrysome.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What was the first war?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I really thought that of the countries we have had to help get a federal reserve bank set up at the turn of the century (Iran, Iraq, Sudan, NK, Libya, Cuba and Afghanistan), North Korea was gonna be the last one. It just seemed like a fight you'd leave for last, didn't it?

Well, it seems now that Iran will be last. With Russia and China not exactly cooperating with the plan in the Middle East it's starting to make sense that we would destabilize eastern Asia, before bringing the focus back to the Middle East. While they are focusing on one front, we'll finish up what we started on the other front.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I think the reasons for this perspective conflict are many.

One could very well be the banking system, another is simmering tensions since the Korean war. I think a major problem is that the last 8 years has been lacking a strong leader here in the US, and now there is going to be some tensions as the world gets used to the US leading again. And it is not only NK.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Does Trump even know what diplomacy is?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don’t think the US wants to fight a war with N Korea, Iran maybe but not N Korea.

That would be a nasty nasty event.

The US would have to worry about S Korea and Japan getting clobbered, not to mention China and Russia against them.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Ok, what are you implying?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think the big issue is a broke starving nation selling nuclear materials and devices to other nations like pakistan. Plus the issue of their intent to use them willy nilly on either s. Korea. Japan or the usa.

The war will be pretty fast though. Well hit them hard with something unique right off the bat. All their nuclear materials will be gone in our opening salvo.
edit on 27-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
President calls for diplomacy instead of war.

Anyone that actually wants another war and can't get behind a diplomatic solution should be the first ones sent out to join in the opening rush. Cowards wouldn't support it if they had to act the way they talk.

Screw all of the brainwashed warmongers.

I do not want another war on our hands.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join