It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Republicans canceled Portland Parade because they were going to participate in it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
What I don't understand is how the people threatening violence are let off the hook. In today's world it should be relatively easy to track down anyone making threats.

I believe it is being allowed to occur. This is the plan, sadly.

Because its about the DNC and not the constitutional government. I knew things were bad when people were confusing hacked DNC emails with the cyber security of the US government was compromised. The DNC is not the US government. But individuals have given the DNC authority.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.washingtonpost.com... 4953e4

Portland rose parade canceled after ‘antifascists’ threaten GOP marchers

For 10 years, the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association has kicked off the city of Portland’s annual Rose Festival with a family-friendly parade meant to attract crowds to its diverse neighborhood.

Set to march in the parade’s 67th spot this year was the Multnomah County Republican Party, a fact that so outraged two self-described antifascist groups in the deep blue Oregon city that they pledged to protest and disrupt the April 29 event.

Then came an anonymous and ominous email, according to parade organizers, that instructed them to cancel the GOP group’s registration — or else.

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, referring to the violent riots that hit Portland after the 2016 presidential election, reported the Oregonian. “This is nonnegotiable.”

The email said that 200 people would “rush into the parade” and “drag and push” those marching with the Republican Party.

“We will not give one inch to groups who espouse hatred toward LGBT, immigrants, people of color or others,” it said.

On Tuesday, the business association buckled, announcing it would cancel the parade altogether.

Well, in obvious contrast to my thread on the Evil Ann Coulter, I will just say good!

I'm glad this happened because republicans are evil and wrong and threats work!

Maybe enough people can stop going to republican-owned stores and we can make the republicans wear something on their sleeve like an elephant.

I'm sure no one will be upset with this because, hey, it's just republicans, and they suck.

Maybe if enough people just start threatening violence to make political change, things will get better!

Boo freedoms!

Yay threats!

There's a word for people who cancel things from fear of protesters. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't think of it. I think it starts with a c, though, and sort of sounds like blowhards.

Because appeasement has worked very well throughout human history.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
a reply to: NthOther

I don't consider these wild-eyed leftists my "enemy" because they pose no threat. The last time the left had any real power in this country was 2010. It's been all downhill for them to this day. If 2018 plays out the way I think it will the Democrat Party will be in real danger of switching places with the Libertarian Party.

In the meantime, if I got to the point where I did consider these communists -- and they are communists -- any kind of threat, I would adjust my attitude and react appropriately.

My worry is that the Democrat Party is just a side-show to the real action on the left.

They may not be looking to work through the system anymore. They may be working to upend it and destroy it. If that's the case, then they're succeeding admirably.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have to question if the parade was shutdown due to safety concerns? If the parade was shutdown by liberals to prevent crazy liberals from committing acts of violence that would show their hypocrisy and generate negative media response.

If a liberal group wanted to march in the face of violence, the DNC would insure an increased police presence. The media would start an ad campaign. Hollywood stars would take to the streets.
edit on 28-4-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed wording

edit on 28-4-2017 by neutronflux because: Stupid fat fingers on small phone.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It's a simple little parade.

It should be no big deal.

But the absolute hatred from those on the left for anyone who isn't in lockstep with their own ideology trumps any other consideration.

Portland is a liberal town, and that is a good thing.

But the leftists aren't liberal. They want to deny rights and freedoms.

Basically, they are the antithesis to liberal.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But the absolute hatred from those on the left for anyone who isn't in lockstep with their own ideology trumps any other consideration.

Isn't Portland supposed to be a quirky, goofy, adorable kinda town?
When did it turn into 1938 Berlin?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
These Antifas are defending the system, not revolting against it!
edit on 28-4-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

First they came for the Republicans and I did not speak out since I wasn't one.

Then they came for liberals and I did not speak out since I wasn't one.

Fast forward.

Then they finally came, and there was no one left to speak for me.

Zeig Antifa!
edit on 28-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

November, 9th. 2016

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The email said that 200 people would “rush into the parade” and “drag and push” those marching with the Republican Party.

200 rounds of 5.56 and a steady hand would make that an easily corrected problem. What they are threatening is assault and the marchers have every right to defend themselves against it. Let the parade commence, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

When the word "no" was first introduced to them by adults.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Out of all the political groups of the last eight years.

ANTIFA is the most dangerous.

The very foundation of democracy is at stake.

When any people tolerate one party rule that has sunk to this level.

Everything we hold dear is at stake.

As much as I hate to use that word 'democracy'.

One of the principals set for in a liberal democracy.

Is both sides get a say.

In the course of this countries history when a group of people felt they had no representation.

War ensued.

Perhaps this is what they want.

Perhaps this group is like all the others, and will fade away.

Perhaps not.

As a people when is enough,enough.

Sitting on the sideline will only last so long.

Until there is inevitably no choice left.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
BLM and ANTIFA represent the rise of left-wing hate groups in the west. The irony is that the left has become exactly what they've been claiming to fight against.

As the old saying goes, the fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
BLM and ANTIFA represent the rise of left-wing hate groups in the west. The irony is that the left has become exactly what they've been claiming to fight against.

Irony or evidence of sociopathic tendencies? Accusing others of the same personal crimes you're secretly guilty of is pretty much the definition of a sociopath.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I call it anti social behavior the nazis exemplified.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Humm, threatening people with more violence simply for being Republicans?... If whomever sent this threatening email, and his/her friends are not investigated and punished to the full extend of the law these morons will only get away with doing this more often...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Isn't it ironic that those in the left who define themselves as "antifa" are the real facists?...

Wouldn't it be something if these fascists calling themselves "antifa" fought against themselves? I would vote for that...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here is an "Antifa" fighting a facist...

edit on 29-4-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... 4953e4

Portland rose parade canceled after ‘antifascists’ threaten GOP marchers

For 10 years, the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association has kicked off the city of Portland’s annual Rose Festival with a family-friendly parade meant to attract crowds to its diverse neighborhood.

Set to march in the parade’s 67th spot this year was the Multnomah County Republican Party, a fact that so outraged two self-described antifascist groups in the deep blue Oregon city that they pledged to protest and disrupt the April 29 event.

Then came an anonymous and ominous email, according to parade organizers, that instructed them to cancel the GOP group’s registration — or else.

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, referring to the violent riots that hit Portland after the 2016 presidential election, reported the Oregonian. “This is nonnegotiable.”

“We will not give one inch to groups who espouse hatred toward LGBT, immigrants, people of color or others,” it said.

On Tuesday, the business association buckled, announcing it would cancel the parade altogether.

Well, in obvious contrast to my thread on the Evil Ann Coulter, I will just say good!

I'm glad this happened because republicans are evil and wrong and threats work!

Maybe enough people can stop going to republican-owned stores and we can make the republicans wear something on their sleeve like an elephant.

I'm sure no one will be upset with this because, hey, it's just republicans, and they suck.

Maybe if enough people just start threatening violence to make political change, things will get better!

Boo freedoms!

Yay threats!

It's fascinating how much hatred, sabotage, borderline terrorism and downright ape-level stupidity these overly sensitive, oh-so offended botttom-feeders are able to display or act out.

It's almost as if they believe it themselves - the downright lie - that anyone even slightly conservative, white, "gender binary", male (that is just the WORST - ehrmagerd) person is a downright Nazi - or worse.

Seems like these - what I'd diplomatically like to call "remnants from the cutting room floor of humanity", fail to realize that their own actions are far worse than even the stuff they accuse their "oppressors" of doing.

I guess having some financial support by questionable individuals like George Soros can make even the most peaceful group of easily offended people start to behave like apes.

After careful analysis, my suggestion for these groups is to find the biggest Saguaro they can, and use it for some assisted autoerotica.
edit on 29-4-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor adjustment.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Mike Pompeo the leftist. Right.

Funny story, who's in denial now?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join