It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Republicans canceled Portland Parade because they were going to participate in it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A better question is "Why" hasn't that worked so far??

I'm pretty sure assault is still illegal. So is threatening other people harm if it can be proven who made those threats.

If they are an official organization there are other laws that would apply to them and their membership as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Right. People are going to call 'em cowards for not marching. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't...

So... They do the opposite. They are going to march. Damn the protesters, full speed ahead. People are going to say, many of them will be the same ones calling them cowards, they're just looking to cause trouble.

GOP can't win this one. So err on the side of caution. Why hunt trouble? It'll come find you soon enough.

This way no one gets hurt, or killed.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Right. It's the Republicans that's been sucker punching people, hitting them with padlocks, burning cars, setting fires and just assaulting anyone who disagrees with them in general.
These fu**ing little cowards don't have the balls to confront anyone without their faces covered. They travel in gangs like rabid dogs and they should be dealt with the same as a rabid dog. If they want to play rough, I see no reason not to oblige them.
Seems like a few don't mind when Conservatives are targeted, but if they dare fight back, it's time to throw out that victim card, huh?
"Poor pitiful us, we were hurting people and they fought back" "How dare they!!!"

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Right. People are going to call 'em cowards for not marching. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't...

So... They do the opposite. They are going to march. Damn the protesters, full speed ahead. People are going to say, many of them will be the same ones calling them cowards, they're just looking to cause trouble.

GOP can't win this one. So err on the side of caution. Why hunt trouble? It'll come find you soon enough.

Perhaps, yes. Also, suppose someone would get hurt, it would be the GOP's fault then supposedly. I suppose you can't always look like the good guy but by letting the first be trampled does good for no one.

I get what your saying but it's not right. Especially when some are really pushing toward a victim mentality when it was ultimately their choice to speak freely or not. It's like a boxing match where both sides are paid to take a dive.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

From what I've heard, the Mayors have told the police to stand down and not arrest them. Why would that be? Why would the Mayor of a city want to have property destroyed and people hurt? Personally, I'd tell the Mayor to shove it, but the cops seem to be more worried about their jobs than Justice.

(post by digital01anarchy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was actually planning to take my daughter this year

We would have boo'd their float like good Americans. What these folks caused (if it really was them) is only hurting their cause. These were Republicans just like the ones we work with and live next to, not card-carrying KKK members.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Sad, isn't it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Let's take this to a bit more micro, if you will.

Would you march? Knowing that, quite possibly, some yahoo with a black banana stuck to his face is gonna come charging out of the crowd at you, intent on, possibly, harming you, or your friends.

Personally, I would. But then I'm a life long, confirmed bachelor. No kids, no spouse...etc. I'd march, but I'd be ready for the poop to hit the air conditioner. Hoping it doesn't, but expecting it to.

I quite understand the GOP saying no to marching though. They're attacked, and one of the little bastards attacking is hurt, he/she sues the GOP for millions of dollars. That sort of publicity, no organisation wants, or needs.
edit on 4/27/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

How long should those of us who value the 1st back down though? Every time we let these Bolsheviks get away with this, they get bolder and stronger.

On the flip side, all of us are playing right into the destabilization of our country by being manipulated by the MSM and our own politicians.

It's a lose/lose situation for the country for playing the game, but if we don't stand against those who stand against our liberty and freedom IMO, it's raising the white flag in surrender to those who wish to destroy us!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Deus vult

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm not even a republican and I'd march.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In both Berkley and here, we see establishment conservatives (I'm referring to Coulter's sponsors more than her) failing to even show up when threatened. Is it any wonder our culture has fallen so far so fast when those that defend the norms of a successful and stable society have so little backbone when faced with the slightest bit of animosity? One of the reasons I no longer much care what establishment conservatives think is their failure to win against the Left. Since at least the Buckley takeover of Conservatism Inc it's been more important to lose honorably while not being called whatever -ist that's currently in vogue with left. Is it any wonder that the Alt-right is rising?

I read an article about how the New Right should thank God for antifa, blm, and other looney hard left groups. All they have to do is open their mouths and a conservative or moderate moves toward the alt/new right. It would be hard to organically develop any propaganda as effective.

As long as the antifa keeps antifaing, and cuckservatives keep cucking, the New Right will grow.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
God, I love this!

The Left just keeps shooting itself in the foot.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Personally, I won't. Don't, for that matter.

But...

I do understand the situation the GOP finds themselves in... They can't win. Which situation leaves them worse off? Marching, and possibly seeing idiots, or their friends, hurt--possible law suits. Or, not marching and making sure people know the whys and wherefores of it--and possibly making those making the threats look stupid, and themselves like community minded citizens who don't want any trouble to come because of their presence?

It's a community wide event to which people come from all over the north-west for the weekend. I've driven down the river on a number of occasions for the festival over the years. My family, when I was a kid, did. It was a big deal.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As would I, as an individual.

I've already stated why I think the GOP, as a whole, made the right call. No point in reiterating it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Personally, I won't. Don't, for that matter.

But...

I do understand the situation the GOP finds themselves in... They can't win. Which situation leaves them worse off? Marching, and possibly seeing idiots, or their friends, hurt--possible law suits. Or, not marching and making sure people know the whys and wherefores of it--and possibly making those making the threats look stupid, and themselves like community minded citizens who don't want any trouble to come because of their presence?

It's a community wide event to which people come from all over the north-west for the weekend. I've driven down the river on a number of occasions for the festival over the years. My family, when I was a kid, did. It was a big deal.

This really isn't just about the GOP or the "ALT Right" as many of us are called! This is an out and out war to make those of us who disagree with Cultural Marxism that has take over our country to NOT HAVE A VOICE.

Did you ever wonder how in the hell Berkeley was once a bastion of free speech? I'll tell you why, it was to protect the Marxist professors who were brain washing it's students into what we are seeing today. Otherwise explain the sudden turn around in their philosophy.

To sit back and give these people the platform that we have is insanity. We either ALL have the same freedoms or we have none!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

From what I've heard, the Mayors have told the police to stand down and not arrest them. Why would that be? Why would the Mayor of a city want to have property destroyed and people hurt? Personally, I'd tell the Mayor to shove it, but the cops seem to be more worried about their jobs than Justice.

That is an great question!! Why would a mayor say that and to what benefit is it to do so??

Maybe they have some dirt on him??? Or maybe he's being paid to allow it by some greater power??? Could be he's just a pussy who doesn't think his law enforcement can handle it???

All kinds of questions come to mind as to why that would be. After all it's his job to handle these kinds of things on behalf of the public interest. I'm sure the public has more interest in having a parade then allowing some gang of protestors decide their activities there, so why would this mayor do what he did???

There might be more to the situation than we realize in answering that one question. Maybe not. But it's a good question IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Let's take this to a bit more micro, if you will. Would you march? Knowing that, quite possibly, some yahoo with a black banana stuck to his face is gonna come charging out of the crowd at you, intent on, possibly, harming you, or your friends.

That would depend on the scenario or event. Would I be a part if of this march? No. Should this happen in my neck of the woods, would I attempt to get some friends to march alongside? Quite possibly.

Personally, I would. But then I'm a life long, confirmed bachelor. No kids, no spouse...etc. I'd march, but I'd be ready for the poop to hit the air conditioner. Hoping it doesn't, but expecting it to.

If i understand correctly, this is your neck of the woods so my words and actions certainly don't carry as much weight on this subject. I do have a family but that wouldn't stop me and in fact urge me.

I quite understand the GOP saying no to marching though. They're attacked, and one of the little bastards attacking is hurt, he/she sues the GOP for millions of dollars. That sort of publicity, no organisation wants, or needs.

This is where the entire instance changes for me. Were not talking about a person now, it's an organization. In this case the GOP in essence bowing down to antics of petulance. While as I said earlier, you are correct in that they can't look like the good guy here, the action would inherently be right.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Just an FYI, the police chief was fired a couple of weeks ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join