It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Republicans canceled Portland Parade because they were going to participate in it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 4953e4

Portland rose parade canceled after ‘antifascists’ threaten GOP marchers

For 10 years, the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association has kicked off the city of Portland’s annual Rose Festival with a family-friendly parade meant to attract crowds to its diverse neighborhood.

Set to march in the parade’s 67th spot this year was the Multnomah County Republican Party, a fact that so outraged two self-described antifascist groups in the deep blue Oregon city that they pledged to protest and disrupt the April 29 event.

Then came an anonymous and ominous email, according to parade organizers, that instructed them to cancel the GOP group’s registration — or else.

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, referring to the violent riots that hit Portland after the 2016 presidential election, reported the Oregonian. “This is nonnegotiable.”

The email said that 200 people would “rush into the parade” and “drag and push” those marching with the Republican Party.

“We will not give one inch to groups who espouse hatred toward LGBT, immigrants, people of color or others,” it said.

On Tuesday, the business association buckled, announcing it would cancel the parade altogether.

Well, in obvious contrast to my thread on the Evil Ann Coulter, I will just say good!

I'm glad this happened because republicans are evil and wrong and threats work!

Maybe enough people can stop going to republican-owned stores and we can make the republicans wear something on their sleeve like an elephant.

I'm sure no one will be upset with this because, hey, it's just republicans, and they suck.

Maybe if enough people just start threatening violence to make political change, things will get better!

Boo freedoms!

Yay threats!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe enough people can stop going to republican-owned stores and we can make the republicans wear something on their sleeve like an elephant.

We could just go with something more traditional, how about a star on a yellow sash?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The question begs, how long will this be sustained before justice and liberty prevail?

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

While I agree some Republicans do in fact suck. This isn't a good trend at all. I'm of the opinion that they should let this group do whatever it is they say they'll do since what they are threatening is assault if they actually do it.

Then they'd just expose themselves to the public as criminals who will just assault people on the street. They'll be arrested. Lose any credibility and the support of the public for their actions and we would be done with it.

But that's just me and I realize it might put people at risk of physical harm. But it's either that or crawl into a hole somewhere and never do anything because someone threatens you with "Dragging and Pushing".

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Those damn Republicans, oh wait I am one of those guys and I don't think that I have an evil bone in my body. Never been arrested, married 40 years, local business leader. It's a shame the good city of Portland buckled to terrorist threats.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They already canceled the parade.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Okay so no proof. Whoever sent the threat was wrong (see it that time?). But honestly, these people who won't stand up for themselves, couldn't have won their Civil Rights from a kitten.
edit on 4/27/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well, that was dumb. IMO of course.

I'm imagine that even having some organization threaten assault on people, if in fact it can be shown that it was them making those threats, has to be illegal to begin with. Couldn't they just shut them down for that alone???

Otherwise that kind of thing would happen all the time.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The republicans didn't cancel the parade.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The tolerant just being tolerant again.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Small disclosure, I live near Portland.

I did not call in the threat.

Honest.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hmmm.
Looks like threats of violence are the answer to getting your way.
Who'da thunk?

If only I'd threatened to hit my lil sister when I was a kid, I'd have gotten my way more often.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Where is the police in all of this? 200 Antifa pussies vs a trained police force should have no chance in hell. I'm curious what the local people think about this bs and if they are willing to tolerate that any longer. If this was my town i would kick in the door of the mayors office and demand that every person that shows up in a mask gets arrested on the spot. Seriously are they all lazy or do they just don't care? Well welcome to Nazi Germany i guess perhaps conservatives can wear some kind of sticker to identify them from now on. It's time to fight back and kick Antifa out of the US for good. Shutting down whole parades because these scumbags said so is the wrong way. I'm wondering why the other side is so quiet about it too. Antifa hurts there cause in every step of the way and they are not even political motivated.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ccw > all of antifa

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Antifa are useful idiots doing exactly what the globalist want from them.

do divide and conquer.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

ATS Argument;

Person One: I disagree with your position.

Person Two: Agree with me or I will kill you.

Person One: Sorry. You are right. Have a star and flag.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I live here. I'm a pretty liberal guy.

But I'm not leftist enough. I have to hide.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Those damn Republicans, oh wait I am one of those guys and I don't think that I have an evil bone in my body.

A skunk can't smell his own stink.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Nickn3
Those damn Republicans, oh wait I am one of those guys and I don't think that I have an evil bone in my body.

A skunk can't smell his own stink.

True.

When is the night when all republican windows get broken?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join