It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California single-payer healthcare bill passes first committee test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Litigation reform removes responsibility from Dr's and puts it on the taxpayers backs. The reason is that the injured person is going to end up on the public doles. I am not for tort reform, I trust that the juries will do their job, and I do not trust the lobby that the AMA has set up.

The only true option is to outlaw insurance. The free market will truly take over then.
Short of this, what is a solution?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: whywhynot

The only option I can see is no insurance. None.
Of course, there is always the option of seeing how the rest of the world does it. Successfully.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I agree with that as well. But many seem to want to watch this whole thing go off a cliff. There is a solution, but the major players are going to get less $$$$. This is not an exceptable solution, for the few.

The US's system is literally in free fall (cost increases), no one is doing anything to solve the problem. In a few years the cost of high deductible crap insurance will be un-affordable.
edit on 27-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In the same vein, outlaw the dole. This isn't the taxpayers circus nor our monkeys.
edit on 27-4-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Are you of the opinion that the person serving you breakfast wants to be on public ass? Either your breakfast is $4.99 with public ass or $5.99 with out.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Did someone tell that to Jerry Brown

www.latimes.com...

"I don't even get it," said the governor. "How do you do that?"

TextHe pointed out that the overall cost of medical care in California is equal to 18% of the state's gross domestic product, which would be about $450 billion.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Hollywood could afford it alone

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well it's not that simple.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Are you of the opinion that the person serving you breakfast wants to be on public ass? Either your breakfast is $4.99 with public ass or $5.99 with out.

I am of the opinion that issues like that are personal issues and the earner is personally responsible to get themselves where they need to be. Further, if public assistance and subsidies weren't out there, then the floor for prices and especially "bang for the buck" will drop to the point where something in between, say $5.49 for the breakfast serves all parties well. That's the free market. It works when left alone, struggles when artificial factors like handouts and subsidies are inserted, and fails when there is no real consequences to personal failure.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As much as I want government in health care I don't think single payer is the right solution, as it will be too expensive. I'd like to see government run clinics with lower costs than private ones for normal people who don't have tons of money, and leave the private health crime industry intact for all the wealthy people. That way you help poor people while maintaining a private industry.

You can't have free healthcare because then everyone will be there all the time. It needs to cost, but less then the corporate healthcare. Then you could have cheaper insurance that would only allow you to go to gubmint clinics and the business people can still have their cadillac insurance and to to expensive doctors.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

a reply to: whywhynot

The only option I can see is no insurance. None.
Of course, there is always the option of seeing how the rest of the world does it. Successfully.

Is it really true that health care wait times have hit 20 weeks in Canada?
Link
edit on 27-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is as it should be. Individual states governing and testing new ideas, not broad sweep federal laws being enforced! Every state has a different level of economics, culture, and pros/cons to determine what is most beneficial for their state citizens.

To me, this is no different than those states legalizing marijuana recreationally or medicinally. Each state becomes future research data. Other states can introduce similar benefits into their states as it works for their individual economics.

Lastly, I will say that this may be what California needs to make them truly recognize what a strain illegal immigrants really can be.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, removing California with it's super high medical wages from Blue Cross and regular insurance should drop everyone's insurance costs in the country to affordable levels. I bet their insurance will cover plastic surgery in California. I bet they have no idea how much their cost is going to be. I bet they will have a huge tax on everyone.

Even better ...

If they pass Trump's tax plan like it is, people in Cali won't be able to write off those sky high state taxes.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The middle class falls where in this clinic and wealthy system?

The system can't be sustained without everyone paying huge $$$$. If you pull 70% of the sick and give inexpensive health care, all the hospitals collapse.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

How do you stop wealthy people from using the cheap clinics?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
As much as I want government in health care I don't think single payer is the right solution, as it will be too expensive. I'd like to see government run clinics with lower costs than private ones for normal people who don't have tons of money, and leave the private health crime industry intact for all the wealthy people. That way you help poor people while maintaining a private industry.

You can't have free healthcare because then everyone will be there all the time. It needs to cost, but less then the corporate healthcare. Then you could have cheaper insurance that would only allow you to go to gubmint clinics and the business people can still have their cadillac insurance and to to expensive doctors.

I like is idea. I may wrong, but don't some countries provide free education for individuals who will then be interned via a contract in public medical facilities for a period of time before they can transfer to a private status?

I may be misremembering, but some Hungarian students were visiting. One was working on being a politician, another an architecture engineer, and the third was doctor. Apparently, the first two chose their fields since they could make more money quicker. The doctor was inspired to help others and would actually not make much money at all!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Either way someone is going to be serving you breakfast, and they may get sick. There is no way to pay for insurance for a huge part of society. And yes they work full time plus.

There are many many problems that are now coming to a head. The fact that there has been little to no increase in base wages since 1975, is one major reason health care is not affordable.

Plus the cost of things we buy are held artificially low. There is a cost to living, and when there is full time jobs that are below that, logic would tell you that they pay too little. When they pay to little the tax payer ends up picking up the bill. See wallmart.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
States rights. might be good. Lets see what happens is all I can say.
I hope it works well and then copied..but I am also a realist and know that there is gonna be issues.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Greetings-

I was medically retired from a Ca. police dep't. in 2004. I broke My back/neck and part of My retirement included 'Health Insurance' This was a $20.00 co-pay and $10.00 Rxs. This was really good because at that time I was on 7 Rx. meds. 2 for pain; 2 for hypertension; 1 for PTSD; 1 for High Cholesterol and would You believe I had trouble sleeping?

I then had an 'Epiphany' and started Meditating and doing Yoga. My cholesterol went for 373 to 153 and I just had My best b/p the other night at 111/63 and 48 beats a min. granted I was trying to do that through Meditation but it used to sit at 145/100 on 2 meds.

I knew it would catch up to Me, thumbing My nose at BigPHarma™ so since Feb. 2013 The State of Ca. has been deducting $1207/month out of My retirement for "Affordable Healthcare".

So if this does go through, I think I'll move back there and go to Dr.s appts and crap My pants in the Lobby and get hooked into some Board & Care Home and sit around and smoke cigarettes and wonder what the Filipino nurses are saying about Me as I slur My words... I'll show them!

Asante I hope everyone who has read this drivel this far, never needs Healthcare at all, it's become nothing more than a racket!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

All we have to do is look around the world, the answer is being done elsewhere. Boils down to $$$, It is that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join