It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting redirected on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Lately on my IPhone I am redirected everytime I open an ATS post. It is maddening and I usually just give up because it just loops back when I page back 50% of the time.
It redirects to Google and then the App Store.
I visit this site more than any other and it's really bumming me out.
I've tried turning off App Store and it still redirects but just won't open. Any ideas?
Thanks
edit on 27-4-2017 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Hi TexasTruth!

Are you actually 'logged in' to ATS when that happens, or lurking from the sidelines?
If I'm not logged in on my laptop and try to read here I get sent all over the place. (super frustrating)

I don't have internet on my cell phone, so can't really relate but wanted to help if possible.
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes. Well unless it logs me out randomly. This morning I was for sure logged in because after multiple redirects I bailed out and wrote this post without having to log in.
a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Never any such issues in general with most of us. Something else...some site, browser, I.S.P., favorite, bookmark, setting somewhere...has you being redirected intentionally.

Could be something youve set elsewhere, malware, popup settings etc. You shouldnt be redirected at all in general. Also, Im personally always signed in on all my devices everywhere, on phone-request the desktop setting (perhaps avoid the ATS app), dont block ads or allow auto-play of videos.

Clear internet AND individual browsers history, cookies and cache's (ie: clear GOOGLE, FIREFOX, OPERA, whatever individually too and not just in INTERNET OPTIONS)...sign in and back out of ATS, reboot computer...etc..and all the normal clearing procedures. In can be any or all or a combination...

Sounds perhaps an I.U.P.s (Intentionally unwanted programs) maybe many of them...exist. That would do it...run Malwarebytes...they will show...and you can quarantine and remove...but very possibily not be able to completely do so. They will return most likely..because where they were installed or picked up...may be no-where to be found or offsite and encripted against doing so. (Maleware)

MS

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Clear internet AND individual browsers history, cookies and cache's (ie: clear GOOGLE, FIREFOX, OPERA, whatever individually too and not just in INTERNET OPTIONS)...sign in and back out of ATS, reboot computer...etc..and all the normal clearing procedures. In can be any or all or a combination...

I second this.

Even go so far as if you don't have an account like Google.

That keeps syncs devices across platforms.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This "across-sync-devices" is the most irritating thing for me. Phone synced to tablet, synced to laptop, synced to P.C.-home, P.C.-work, synced to Chromecast...AND...AND...Google DRIVE and...and...their own PASSWORDS(what the hell?!)

...the damn CLOUD. Everything in my phone, tab, lapt. p.c.'s is up in the CLOUD! Personal pictures, bookmarks, documents......ad infinitum.

I dont think most folks understand that....let alone linking place to place to place's WiFi's for free internet...

ALL THESE THINGS FOLKS? They all have their settings your'e attached to, thru, by, with and ON.

Sorry...I've digressed outta frustration. Thank you very much neo96...

Best......MS

edit on 27-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I love it.

Don't have to back anything up.

Just switched smart phones.

Everything was easily accessible without doing anything.

Whatever I view on my pc. I can view on my smart phone.

Don't need to re enter passwords etc.

Edit.

I never keep banking/finance logged in always manual enter.
edit on 27-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I know right, by now I have Jesse Ventura's story about the time he had to cross the border to get back into the USA from Mexico, memorised.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep...no banking or form info whatsoever-ever. Never have.

The thing that flipped me out in the beginning? I opened my photos...and a picture of my mother at age 13 in dance attire at a show popped up....and I hadnt seen it since 1998-2002..maybe.

So it was floating in cyberworld for like 15-16 years....so probably with perhaps some "questionable-content" I thought was gone years ago!

Note to all: Its true...nothing ever REALLY gets deleted from the WWW!!! Ya never know for sure...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Amen!!!!! Then add in work emails, multiple layered passwords, passwords for other programs, and then the kids come in holding a laptop/phone/tablet and,,,,, ahhhhhh!!!!! I can't take it anymore!
Thanks for all the advise here, I've tried it all. We shall see.....a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

HA! Welcome my friend to the world of "digital convenience"!

Hey...my wife calls me home to say the tv remote's broken and wont change the channels...

Well...it shouldnt if its the electronic GARAGE DOOR OPENER! Too many things these days with links, clouds, backups, signons, contact numbers, passwords, settings...and.....

Thanks for the reply! PS. COPY EVERY PASSWORD, SETTING and SCREEN NAME somewhere safe!

Best...MS

edit on 28-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join