It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un Is a Survivor, Not a Madman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Not my problem.

I see.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

" Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? "

YES . Tyranny Must be Confronted or it Will Eventually Cause Death and Destruction wherever it Arises . Kim Jong Un and his Regime Must be Controlled for the Sake of World Peace .

No, tryanny doesn't have to be confronted. The problem is not Un but the North Korean people. If the US disposes Un, another totalitarian leader will step up in his place. Until the North Korean people change their mindset, North Korea will always have a Hitler type leader. So what is the US going to do? Is genociding all North Koreans the answer? Of course not. Do nothing is the right choice. Let the North Korean people deal with Un. Drop propaganda pamphlets instead of bombs.

link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: angeldoll

Agree with you there. I'm just not sure that he's doing anything more than rattling his sabers.

It's certainly been the pattern for himself and predecessors. I hope world leaders will have the good sense to "handle him" without contributing to the worse case scenario.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: angeldoll
Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

I think Western leaders are projecting their own paranoia on Un which is more dangerous. Pre-emptively bombing someone for thought crimes is pretty paranoid.

That's why I found that article thought provoking. If the Western leaders can interpret Un's actions from a different motivation, perhaps cooler heads can prevail. War isn't the answer to every issue we have with others, be they nations, states, or individuals.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It won't.
Why?
They have a lot invested in this ride.

live in fear if you wish.

Living in fear is all people know. Home of the once brave no longer exists.

edit on 27-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

I think Western leaders are projecting their own paranoia on Un which is more dangerous. Pre-emptively bombing someone for thought crimes is pretty paranoid.

That's why I found that article thought provoking. If the Western leaders can interpret Un's actions from a different motivation, perhaps cooler heads can prevail. War isn't the answer to every issue we have with others, be they nations, states, or individuals.

For so many Americans, war is always the only answer. When you have military mind conditioning you only think a certain way.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Some say he is a Survivor, Some say hes a Firework. Regardless of which Katy Perry song you choose, propaganda is one hell of a drug.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You fail to understand the "diplomacy" factor in Trump trying a new tactic of being hard-nosed with Little Kim rather than Obama's limp style. North Korea is a threat that has been allowed to exist and now it is coming into being a world threat.

Part of Trump's persuasion seems to be to use our secret technology to cause his missiles to fail in testing. If he can come to realize that we can do that with his test missiles, then he will understand he stands no chance of nuking anybody without his missiles, armed with nuclear bombs, failing there on the launch pad. A do-it-yourself annihilation.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Madman or survivor, bullets don't discriminate.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It won't.
Why?
They have a lot invested in this ride.

live in fear if you wish.

Not fear, I'm just examining the "what ifs."

I'm the least likely to live in fear...I exercise caution but not fear.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
North Korea is a threat that has been allowed to exist

Who made the USA the world police force for thought crimes? What exactly has Un done that makes him a threat? Failed weapon tests is pretty lame as far as I am concerned. If he invaded South Korean with a few million troops I would take him seriously. If he can't back his words with actions he's just a blowhard. Pre-emptively bombing another country for thought crimes seems to me to be a crime in itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

foriegnpolicy.com SOURCE

Kim Jong Un Is a Survivor, Not a Madman

While everyone, including myself, thinks that Kim Jong Un is a madman, I think this is an interesting look at him from a different light. Perhaps he does feel threatened by everyone, by his neighbors, by his people and by the United States (who has a very lengthy history of "intervening" in foriegn governments.)

[QUOTE]Everyone loves thinking of North Korea as crazy. It threatens to consume the United States in nuclear fire on a semi-weekly basis, its leader brutally executes his own generals and had his brother murdered, and it wastes huge amount of money on nuclear weapons while sticking to a failed economic model. Tales of North Korean lunacy are never far from the front pages.[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to know motivations of leaders, at least to venture a guess as to the "why" that they are pursuing any agenda. Whether it be for fame, for social betterment, or for regime survival. North Korea is obviously suspicious of South Korea. Un is obviously afraid of what will happen, and if the US calls his bluff he may be forced (provoked) into action...which could have disastrous consequences for him, his people, Asia and the world in general.

Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? Is Un just rattling sabers to make a little noise? Personally I think that discretion and patience is probably worth it in the long run for the world. I only hope that our Twitter warrior in chief can exercise a little caution here...I don't want to see millions and possibly billions die in a quest to silence a dictator who is scared only of losing his regime.

None of that justifies the murders and imprisoning of his people that has occurred under him and his predecessors.

So how do you justify the millions of people the usa killed in the last 70 years allover the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Who made the USA the world police force for thought crimes? What exactly has Un done that makes him a threat? Failed weapon tests is pretty lame as far as I am concerned. If he invaded South Korean with a few million troops I would take him seriously. If he can't back his words with actions he's just a blowhard. Pre-emptively bombing another country for thought crimes seems to me to be a crime in itself.

Kim didnothing bad. He just created weapons to proteck him and his country from the invaders from usa. Unfortunately those cu88s in america do not like countries who can defend themselfs.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You fail to understand the "diplomacy" factor in Trump trying a new tactic of being hard-nosed with Little Kim rather than Obama's limp style. North Korea is a threat that has been allowed to exist and now it is coming into being a world threat.

Part of Trump's persuasion seems to be to use our secret technology to cause his missiles to fail in testing. If he can come to realize that we can do that with his test missiles, then he will understand he stands no chance of nuking anybody without his missiles, armed with nuclear bombs, failing there on the launch pad. A do-it-yourself annihilation.

"our secret technology?" What technology is that? I'm pretty sure it's more like Un's people are still trying to figure out how to make the weapons work....without China's assistance.

Not sure if you're being facetious or not. I'm pretty sure you didn't read the article, but you're considering North Korea a threat, according to your post, the article is stating that he's not much of a threat, he is just trying not to become the next Qaddafi.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

For so many Americans, war is always the only answer. When you have military mind conditioning you only think a certain way.

It is more a mental capacity thing. If you have an avarage iq you smart enough to talk things out. If you dumb and stupid and cant win a debate you choose the only alternative you small brain can muster. Kill kill kill

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Here's Un has his last chief of staff meeting:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: therealfreeworld

It is more a mental capacity thing. If you have an avarage iq you smart enough to talk things out. If you dumb and stupid and cant win a debate you choose the only alternative you small brain can muster. Kill kill kill

The only way to get the Arabs to respect us is to bomb the Shiite out of them!!! WHY WON'T THEY RESPECT US!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

If things go nuclear, the possibility of fallout over China, and the rest of Asia makes it possible that billions could die.
China and Russia will not allow a nuclear strike in North Korea. They have too much to loose. I bet my left nut on that

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

At what point should somebody do something? After his next nuke test? Or do we wait until an attack has happened? It's cool to armchair quarterback on Monday morning, but you do have to have a frigging clue as to what game was played.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? "

YES . Tyranny Must be Confronted or it Will Eventually Cause Death and Destruction wherever it Arises . Kim Jong Un and his Regime Must be Controlled for the Sake of World Peace .

Then it is the job of his people. The US really has no place in intervention until it is determined that a credible threat exists to it's people. As of this moment there is only failed missile tests and supposition, and the resounding words of Un himself. That does not a credible threat make, in my humble opinion.

Further, if we destabilize the Un regime, what will replace it? There's a saying "the evil that one knows is better than the evil that one doesn't know." So, let's play here...If we start a rebellion/revolution in NK, what happens? If there is a military coup, what happens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join