It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China talking with European Space Agency about moon outpost

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Exciting news! A moon base is a stepping stone to planetary exploration.If I was younger and didn't have children, I would sign up as a volunteer to build it. I am obviously not an expert, but I see the moonbase as practice for a Mars base, for example, and whoever succeeds on the Moon will have more chance to do the same in other planets.

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Interesting that they are bypassing the USA considering its potential for spending.

With the UK being the only real conduit of influence between the USA and Europe, maybe brexit is allowing more collaboration between China and the eu.

The US congress in 2011 passed a bill that forbids NASA working with CNSA (China Space Agency), due to risk of espionage, very silly in my opinion. Russia is still collaborating with NASA but only until 2024, and I won't be surprised if they decide to ditch the US and work with ESA and CNSA.

It's true what you said that the UK was the bridge between the US and EU, but now that's gone due to Brexit, and we can already see the changes with Trump last week agreeing to new trades with the EU (but not the UK).

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
Imagine the day when Russia refuses to deliver any more NASA astronauts in the Soyuz spacecraft (or its successor), but America doesn't have its own transport yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Lucky we have SpaceX, their Dragon is almost complete and ready for real space testing, and I think 1 or 2 other Companies (Boeing & Bezo?) are working on something too, I'm foggy on those ones.

(SpaceX's current Supply delivery capsules to the ISS was actually designed for a crew at one point)
edit on 30-4-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
a reply to: Agartha
Imagine the day when Russia refuses to deliver any more NASA astronauts in the Soyuz spacecraft (or its successor), but America doesn't have its own transport yet.

I think the space race of the future is going to be very interesting indeed!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As a European, I'm concerned about collaboration with China with respect to a lunar base unless some very strict agreements were put in place first - namely the guarantee of a proper Lunar Chinese Takeaway service!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join