It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Color Picker Reversed In Gimp (PhotoShop)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Reeves is another one.. I actually own the movie Somewhere In Time.. It's in my top 10 favorite movies. South America is my "beyond wow" moment though.

I'll never forget the day I saw the change in position - it was the moment I lost my "reality innocence" - the day everything changed. A flower no more.

What change?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

it felt good reading your breaking moment due to mandela effect

would love to share mine ...

when i discovered that our location in the milky way 'is and has always' been near the black hole at the centre of the milky way...which was making no sense until I heard a guy on YT saying the north pole is 'gone / was never there'...i clearly remember only months ago zooming on research facilities in the north pole., there were nations like France and England..

Now I became cautious about it, at first got carried away, but now I started to realize 1) I wish everything stays as it is 2) It's unprovable 3) it's probable due my memory rather than changing location in the galaxy
..... of course once in a while coming back feeding the conspiracy troll inside.

hoping that if there is something going on doesn't stop me from _javascripting....i'm not yet ready enjoying this #

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Christopher Reeves is now Christopher Reeve.

Been that way for around 6 months. Lot's of reality residue. Tons of news papers and websites calling him Reeves in a singular context.

As a helpful tool, here's how to use Google Newspapers:

In a Google Search paste:

"Christopher Reeves" site:news.google.com/newspapers

I just did that search, and the reality residue is fading - there were WAY more 6 months ago when I was making a thread here.

Here are some ME posts that relate to this thread, or that you might find interesting..

Organs Changed Position:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Newspaper Heading vs Text (has Reeves and other name residue in it):

When Memory Becomes Knowledge

That last one shows the science on how memory is knowledge. (you had posted that here).

----

Ugh.. Edit To Add:

I just realized you were talking about the change I mentioned (that you quoted). The change I'm referring to is South America being way further east than it used to be. Sorry I misunderstood.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Please ignore I screwed up my reply
edit on 28-4-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Cases like yours fascinate me.

I absolutely love the human condition and how it affects the choices we make (and the directions we go).

The other thing that fascinates me is the unusually angry reaction some have - it's downright suspicious.

That's why I can truly appreciate your even keel and level-headed communication - even if we disagree.

I want to understand both conditions - badly - but I'm not in control of the subject, so I can't help them to help me. For instance, I've never been able to get one of the angry ones to explain why their angry - they go into a type of brown-out. They become blank and unusable from my perspective.

On a lighter note:

I also don't like writing _javascript - or themes - which is why I'm posting here and not working

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Christopher Reeves is now Christopher Reeve.

He always was. People just mispronounced it because of another superman, George Reeves. And then sometimes it's Reeve's, reinforcing the erroneous spelling.

I thought something in South America changed?
edit on 28-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yep - I just realized and updated my response to you above.

The change is that South America is much further east than it used to be.

-----

You and I both know it's always been Reeve.

You and I both know South America has always been just where it is now.

Honestly, what is the value in putting the effort into telling me it's always been that way?

You know I know that - and I know you know you're wasting your time.

I'm expending the effort so I can talk to others who might feel the same as me, or at least have experiences to share. I'm trying to be more enlightened by proxy.

Every ME thread has at least 30 instances of "it's always been that way" (or variations thereof) usually mixed with tame insults... So why expend the effort to duplicate what so many before you have already done time and time again?

The only thing that would explain the wasted effort is if you were totally new to the ME concept - or if you were sort of virtue signaling others to let them know you're in their crowd.

It's like walking into a wheel factory and telling the foreman "The best shape for a wheel is round".. They're always going to tell you something along the lines of "Yeah, we know that.. We're past that now." The response won't ever be anything different - and it's common sense that you would know that, so the effort makes no sense at all.

Are you new to the Mandela Effect, or signaling?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You and I both know it's always been Reeve.

You and I both know South America has always been just where it is now.

Honestly, what is the value in putting the effort into telling me it's always been that way?

No value, which is why that is not what I did. I explained why people end up with these false memories. That is the real discussion with the ME. The ME is not real, but how do people become so convinced these false memories are real.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"Bug" 781920 filed.

You can follow the ticket here:
bugzilla.gnome.org...

I'll update with any info I get.

In case someone doesn't understand, the gradient in the color picker tool for Gimp changed 2 days ago. No one (so far) can explain the change (Mandela Effect). The ticket is in-depth followup (due diligence) after speaking with someone on their GUI team who confirms it's changed inexplicably.

The ticket may show this was a planned change - therefor not a Mandela Effect.

Or it may show that this was not a planned change and there's no way people's boxes could of updated, not a push and no explanation (not a bug). Therefor an absolute confirmation of a Mandela Effect (for some).

Should be interesting...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Do you forget how to get to work occasionally?

The ME is real.

"False Memories" sounds like propaganda.

You've explained your point, and it's understood.. no need to carry on down that path here (in my opinion), we all know. You can show me the science on false memories, and I can show you the science on memory becoming knowledge.

If you can admit you forget how to get to work occasionally, I'll admit your more open to discussion than I give you credit for.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It's basically impossible for me to forget that because it's one road and I am there. I have forgotten things I should remember though, and things seem one way when they are another. A great example is spelling. Sometimes I am sure a word is spelled one way when it's not, and then later I realize it was a "brain fart" on my part. Then there are other words I never realize I knew all along the correct way, likely because I was taught a common, but incorrect spelling when I was young.

So some of the errors are due to false memories, and some due to bad teaching.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you forget how to get to work occasionally?

The ME is real.

I'm gonna remember this when one day when I don't want to go to work.
"So why wasn't you in yesterday?"
"Sorry boss I forgot how to get to work ... Mandela Effect"

I can say in the 15 years I've been working I've never forgotten how to get to work.
edit on 29-4-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My sister called me and said wow I was watching the old show Castle and they said
"Official police business today, Doc. Detective Beckett, I’d like to introduce to you Doctor Barry Frank, dental genius and fang master extraordinaire. He did Brad Pitt’s veneers for Interview with a Vampire."

dustjackets.wikifoundry.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The received light on your modem should pulse with an amber color occasionally.

No amber color just a steady red and flashing green plus the 3 nonflashing green on the one they gave us free. Stays the same on or off using or not using. We get dropped all of the time now charter people in town complain a lot about it. We are a town of 10K hours from anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Like most just looking for possible answers sometimes with outlandish crazy ideas why not the whole thing is that crazy anyway.

You know the Ed McMahon thing and him NOT presenting Publisher Clearing House checks? Really odd I can picture it firmly in my memories and it never was.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: flice

Are you being serious? Please be honest.

Ofcourse I am....

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Like most just looking for possible answers sometimes with outlandish crazy ideas why not the whole thing is that crazy anyway.

You know the Ed McMahon thing and him NOT presenting Publisher Clearing House checks? Really odd I can picture it firmly in my memories and it never was.

That's not an accident. He did it. Just not for PCH. He worked for a rival company that basically made you think they were PCH. They thought they would grow their brand off the PCH name. What ended up happening was everyone thought this other company was PCH, and the other company gave PCH free advertising.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Nothing you could say would convince me Ed didn't work for PCH.

You rely on influence.   We self-regulate.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The result of the ticket with Gimp is:

"It's always been that way."

(as anticipated)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Nothing you could say would convince me Ed didn't work for PCH.

You rely on influence.   We self-regulate.

Of course not. It would require an honest assessment and a desire to actually be right, not just say you are right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join