It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How heavily armed is your state?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Just ran across this site and could not help but wonder how my state stacked up to the others.

Gun populations by state

The numbers are not really all that impressive until you get into the top ten.
It only takes a minute to run through the list; so see how your state compares to the others.
It should also be noted that not "all" the guns in many of these states are documented in any way. I know of people who have several guns and none of them registered.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You'd be daft to register any fire arms to your name.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

The list is good for registered guns.

Lists my state as number 21, but I would say that is WAY off, considering the number of people I know that own guns that are not registered.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Texas is higher than #18, as the article states that this list only counts the registered firearms, and Texas does not require its residents to register their firearms.

The number of registered firearms is shocking. I wonder how many registered firearms there are in other countries?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Florida comes in at number 30, with 10.2 guns for every 1,000 residents. That's a staggering 199,828 registered firearms dispersed among 19,552,860 people.

that map is wrong, i live in Florida, and on the road i live on there are only six houses. between all of us there are at least 30 guns. plus i know at least 5 people who own ten firearms each that's 80 firearms. so according to this we have enough firearms that are scattered among 8000 people. i don't believe it.
edit on 27-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

if your " logic " is that " they " are going to come and take your guns

then - actually - you are truely daft not to have SOME registered firearms at your address

i shall let you ponder that

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

well actually if you have registered firearms, those are the ones that they'll look for first. best not to have any.
edit on 27-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

This is a very specific list, per the front page of the source:

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

source - methodology

So this doesn't paint much of a picture of him ownership at all, as most rifles & shotguns won't be included. Not sure what size (maybe all) handgun is considered "concealable", but any which aren't would not be on the list.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Vermont. About 6 guns for every 6 residents (I believe this still does not include pistols though).

For every 1,000 residents in Vermont, there are 6.4 guns. That's 4,032 registered firearms dispersed among 626,630 people.

Cool article

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Since I currently reside in the UK not very, you see the law abiding citizen here is not allowed to defend themselves.. Only the criminals have Guns..

RA

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
#15 for indiana.
The numbers are way off though.
This is only register guns.
Wonder what the true number would be?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I know exactly what you are saying .

My state is in the top ten and the number of my own guns is "north" of a few.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We have to all be ready for the coming Zombie Apocalypse!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
LOL Yeah I was going to come back here and rant about where they listed MI. Like 47th.

I thought" how can we have that few guns, yet have the most militia groups?"

Then I saw " Registered"

Boy, if they only knew. LOL

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
#15 for indiana.
The numbers are way off though.
This is only register guns.
Wonder what the true number would be?

Even though this is only listing those fire arms which are registered, a quick total of approx. 3,458,258, just think about all the unregistered handguns, shotguns and rifles of every make and model that are floating around in this country. Does anyone seriously think there could ever be a successful attempt at cancelling the second amendment to our Constitution?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
You'd be daft to register any fire arms to your name.

Agreed, and here in Kentucky, where there is zero mandate to register firearms (other than "class 3" type, obviously), I'm amazed that there are so many that show up registered. I don't know the history of firearm registration in this state, so maybe it used to be mandated and these are remainders of that bygone era (which would negate the validity of that number even further).

In any event, the sad thing is that, in states that require firearm registration, you either register and keep your firearms, or you don't, keep your firearms, and are a default criminal from that point on. It's disappointing to say, but in those instance with those types of governments, I'd rather register the firearms than to give them cause to view me with a jaundiced eye and give them any cause to dick with me.

It's called tyrannical government--rule by the threat of imprisonment in order to exercise your "guaranteed rights."

Don't forget to purchase that firearm license, too--can't exercise said rights without paying for the privilege, eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There could be, because they possess weapons of mass destruction that are illegal for us to own.

That said, the estimated number of total guns in the U.S. is estimated to be more than the number of people in the U.S.

So, basically, take that quick total that you came up with and multiply it by 100 and you're probably close. I would estimate that there are even more than that, because not all firearms that enter this country or are manufactured in this country are officially tracked the way the ATFE would like to think that they are.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there are upwords of 500-600 million firearms in the U.S. With that put into perspective (even if it's just a 1:1 ratio of firearms to people), the claims from anti-gun folks here and abroad are asinine concerning gun violence--if America was such a violent nation, with AT LEAST one gun per person on average, we should be having 100s-of-thousands of shootings per day.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

While this list is lengthy, it does not include categories like pistols, which make up a large percentage of the guns in the U.S. As such, the total numbers of guns in each state would actually be much higher than the figures here.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
7th!!!

I was sure we would have made the top 5.

Only counts registered long guns, pistols were not included either.

The count doesnt sound right to me.
Everyone I know is armed.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Michigan....but point being in AMERICA and like-countries...the bastard criminals will always have illegal, stolen, purchased, passed around firearms without any tracking them.

You can be shot for your car, money, disrespecting someone, your shoes, rape, robbery. or just because. Sad state of affairs we have these days...with the criminals having little or no remorse of respect for any of the above.

As long as criminal-low-life-bastards can get and have them...so will we law-abiding and legally registered and acquired owners.*

*My wife was robbed in our own driveway at night, lights on, people going by and in a very nice westside suburban neighborhood. If I had been there? When demanded to give up my wallet to a gun in my face? I'd have reached back and come-up with something else....No hesitation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join