It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above top secret magazine??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This would make a great magazine. Has anyone thought of doing this. Take the most interesting stories and put them together into a maginzine. This place is a goldmine of knowledge.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Have to agree that a magazine would be a great idea.

There are so many great threads and pictures to read and see here.

My subscription is standing by..................

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Have to agree that a magazine would be a great idea.
There are so many great threads and pictures to read and see here.
My subscription is standing by..................

just by the book

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm a grafic designer with a lot of free time on my hands... Maby we could make a montly digital newletter with the top stories and pictures... I'm willing to participate...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I think this is a very good idea. I'm going to start with the logo and make a example frontpage and a spread for the magazine. Maby we can use this tread for more idea's like some kind of standard subject list....: UFO, PARANORMAL, User submited story's, etc.

What do you think????

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Go for it Guys/Girls... I'd like to see it... Good Idea!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think a magazine would be great I am already an editor of club newsletter , but when I have time I would be happy to contribute articles.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sounds great. I can help design stuff too. Does anyone know what happened to omni magazine?
How should the contents be organized?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
How should the contents be organized?

i think the same as the frontpage of ATS. With all the different topics and some articles specialy for the magazine.... maby a comic based on current events.... some commercial adds to make the site better and bigger. (can that be???), a contest for the best avatar, a contest for the best post, etc...

edit: more idea's...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by sebastiaan]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i have put in a request to Kano and DISC about the magazine. if i know some more i will post it here...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

[edit on 3-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
We're breaking new ground in the realm of "digital communities" with the scope of discussions and depth of available features. Why would we "take a step backward" and revert to "old media" ideas? The concept of a book, magazine, newspaper, and radio show has come up often. However, if we were to do that, the dominant personalities that organize these things (likely those in management positions here) would suddenly alter the fragile and important dynamic that makes this place what it is -- the membership. I feel strongly that ATS is what it is now precisely because of a general "hands off" approach to overall top-line management, allowing the ebb and flow of the thousands of discussions of members to dictate where we go. If we had another management style for this community, we likely would not have blogs, webmail, Politcs@, ATSNN, and several other unique features. Suddenly introducing an important new feature that shifts this focus would be very dangerous to what we are. Instead, we're constantly looking to "what's next?" Offline print publications are behind us, what's ahead of us? This is the significantly more important question.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What do you guys think? This is my first try at the cover...
I'm now adding the little things like magazine number, disclaimer, whats its for, etc
Any suggestions? Thx'z...

EDIT: i just saw SkepticOverlord's comments. I think it gives a xtra value to ATS. With a digital newsletter you have a more solid base for your members. my 2 centzzzz....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cool! I like it! Is that your Mac?

If you guys are serious about this you'll probably have to talk to SimonGray about it first though...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Cool! I like it! Is that your Mac?

If you guys are serious about this you'll probably have to talk to SimonGray about it first though...

I'fe U2U to DISC to ask permission to go on with the design... I really like this idea...

bazz

ps. Yes, thats my mac on my work, at home i have a older one....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The new version.....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was thinking about something like this the other day. Not a magazine tho.

On the radio, there are people like Alex Jones, that do, effectively, what this site does (and of course his website too).

Why nothing like that for tv?

While production costs wouldn't actually stop a sort of "ATS Newsmagazine" type of show, its distribution that is the problem and the cost.

Alex Jones can get his show out because he can broadcast in a cost effective manner, too bad there isn't something like that for tv.

But there is, the internet. There is nothing that says the internet has to be static webpages, or discussion groups, or 'animated' flash shorts. Winamp, for example, accepts broadcast feeds of television shows (theres a monty python channel for example).

I think an ATS 'tv like' broadcast over the internet would be very interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There is already a number of magazines that fill the ATS market, like fortean times, for example.

ATS is unique because its a discussion board. A static book or magazine wouldn't be a series of discussions that people participate in.

Tho, in defense of my idea above, it could be more active by having people call in, even having posters from here provide material (which is the business models of the tabloid papers, in fact thats the business model of this website anyway), along with having 'exposes' and short documentaries and such centered around a news anchor or whatnot.

My vote is for Ron Burgundy as the anchor!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i see it as a kind of 'log' of what is happening on ATS. I'fe you are 73 and living in a seniorcitizen home, you can pull the "ATSM" from the shelfs and have backflashes on how cool and amazing ATS was before it was pulled by CyberDyne Systems Inc.

I'm willing to make it and just provide it for resident ATS users....

EDIT: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To plagerize from the movie RoboCop " I'd Buy That For A Dollar"

good idea but how practicle is it to have this, and is your plan costly to members or is it a free ezine what your Idea on distribution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join