It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians pay more for Australian gas than the Japanese do.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So this is great example of how screwed up this world is, we export gas to japan and they pay some 40 % less for it domestically than we do here in Australia.Who comes up with these schemes and how many middle men are involved?

I was listening to news radio today and they interviewed some guy about this and he was alluding to the possibility that Japan may even be selling on the gas at a profit.

Even better we now face a gas crisis because the contracts that our gas producers have with overseas companies were far too optimistic as to how much gas could be acquired, turns out there was far less gas than expected and we get to pay for the idiot companies mistakes .

Hopefully the contracts can be renegotiated.

Here is a gaurdian article, there are quite a few other sources out there on this.

Australian gas is being shipped and sold to wholesale customers in Japan for 40% less than it is sold to Australian customers, despite the extra costs of liquefying and shipping the gas there.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So this is great example of how screwed up this world is, we export gas to japan and they pay some 40 % less for it domestically than we do here in Australia.Who comes up with these schemes and how many middle men are involved?

I was listening to news radio today and they interviewed some guy about this and he was alluding to the possibility that Japan may even be selling on the gas at a profit.

Even better we now face a gas crisis because the contracts that our gas producers have with overseas companies were far too optimistic as to how much gas could be acquired, turns out there was far less gas than expected and we get to pay for the idiot companies mistakes .

Hopefully the contracts can be renegotiated.
Here is a gaurdian article, there are quite a few other sources out there on this.

Australian gas is being shipped and sold to wholesale customers in Japan for 40% less than it is sold to Australian customers, despite the extra costs of liquefying and shipping the gas there.

Same thing here in the UK of the big six suppliers of energy five are owned

by France Germany and Spain.

Take overs by stealth

Edit to add: and now China wants in on the action ....

China is to begin developing a new nuclear power station in Essex after the Government heralded a new wave of UK reactors by approving the £18bn Hinkley Point plant in Somerset.

Chinese state nuclear firm CGN will fund one-third of Hinkley, which is led by French state energy giant EDF, in return for the chance to build its own design of reactor at Bradwell with EDF's support.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 27-4-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Oh there are more gas fields that are not even tapped yet.

The big question is WHY are we selling it so cheap and WHY are we paying so much for it at home?????

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The clue may be in the old proverb that "the shoemaker's children are always the worst shod". Foreign consumption means export income, home consumption does not.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Doesn't seem right hey, but i think we get unlimited free Wasabi from that free trade agreement.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yep, its a ripoff! Government wont do jack but, they can't! they need every cent they can get and high gas, unleaded, diesel prices keep the money flowing!

all you can do is ''piss and moan like an impotent jerk and then bend over and TAKE IT UP THE TILE PIPE!''

Australia's troubles are growing!

how can you be 999.99 billion $ in debt and not just called it a trillion?!?

anyway, high prices means more revenue. They'll go up too, the worse it gets!

Excise tax rates[edit]
The excise tax on commonly used fuels in Australia as of October 2016, which applied from the 1 August 2016, was as follows:
A$0.396 per litre on unleaded petrol fuel (including standard, blended (E10) and premium grades)
A$0.396/0.40143 per litre on diesel fuel (ultra-low sulphur/conventional)
A$0.129 per litre on liquified petroleum gas used as fuel (autogas or LPG as it is commonly known in Australia).
A$0.026 per litre on ethanol fuel for use as fuel in an internal combustion engine

edit on 27/4/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/4/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Those "debt ceiling" figures are classic... debt based keynesian economics;
it just works™
edit on 27/4/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Looks like we are all in for a bumpy ride over the next decade and onward.

There is a lot of money to be made for a solution to generate enough power at home to be self sufficient, i wish i had focused my work in that area as a younger man.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Oh there are more gas fields that are not even tapped yet.

The big question is WHY are we selling it so cheap and WHY are we paying so much for it at home?????

Something to do with an under supply of gas to honor the contracts to various overseas companies, and as the poster below you alludes to, there is far more money in the export market for the companies involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Thats ok then i like wasabi

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia
Looks like we are all in for a bumpy ride over the next decade and onward.
There is a lot of money to be made for a solution to generate enough power at home to be self sufficient, i wish i had focused my work in that area as a younger man.

Taking a leaf from the book of operations used by

*big pharma* companies

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

How the hell is debt growing so rapidly in the last few years ?

Thanks for adding that, more evidence there are some numbnuts balancing the books for the country.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I pay less for BP and shell gasoline in America than brits pay in England.
edit on 27-4-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

How the hell is debt growing so rapidly in the last few years ?

Thanks for adding that, more evidence there are some numbnuts balancing the books for the country.

Check out the graph on this link

upload.wikimedia.org... umeMeasures-Sales-TotalState-Manufacturing-ChainVolumeMeasures-TotalScp_scope-A3538809X.svg

It is total revenue from Australian manufacturing sales.

When you stop making things in Australia and import them from China, a lot as in a shed load of cash goes overseas.

Trump is correct in blaming China for the financial woes of the west. But we are at fault ourselves for being greedy and rushing to buy things at cheaper prices without giving a crap about the consequence.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It's not $999 billion. No idea where you got that rubbish from.

It's more like $551 billion in April.

www.australiandebtclock.com.au...

edit on 27/4/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm pretty sure I pay less for BP and shell gasoline in America than brits pay in England.

I'm pretty sure you're right..... As has I suspect its always been the case.

Many moons ago when gasoline (we call it petrol) was relatively cheaper

here in the UK it was still very much cheaper in the US that is why

you had the huge 'gas guzzlers' and we had smaller cars!!

10 years ago I could fill my tank for £20 ..... now it is more than double

that.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
We pay up to 132 yen per liter in Japan. And I usually spend about 4000 yen or 40 bucks a month on gas. Why, well, I don't know other then I spend about 18 hours a day behind the computer reading stuff on ATS. Anyway, gas is high, I remember paying 19 cents a gallon in 71 and 25 cents for a pack of Camels. But now I pay about 42 bucks for 10 kilos of what people call quality good rice here in the land of chopsticks. Actually the price of rice was the same about 40 years ago here, I just don't get it. Yet, I can buy 12 pieces of store bought sushi for about 5 bucks and that hasn't changed in the last 40 years either.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The cost of fuel around the world depends as much on the amount of taxes leveled upon each gallon/liter than as does the basic cost of the fuel.

I guess you are taking into account that Australia has tons of more roadways than does tiny Japan and the upkeep of those structures are expensive?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I know that, 999.999 billion is the ''infinite'' figure because they aren't sure yet,
fyi its written here: en.wikipedia.org...

regardless, half a trillion is still a killer when the deficit is up around $30billion??

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

The cost of fuel around the world depends as much on the amount of taxes leveled upon each gallon/liter than as does the basic cost of the fuel.

I guess you are taking into account that Australia has tons of more roadways than does tiny Japan and the upkeep of those structures are expensive?

British drivers would have the cheapest petrol in western Europe if tax was not added by the Treasury, official figures reveal.Pre-tax petrol prices in the UK are lower than anywhere in the EU except Estonia, but when fuel duty and VAT
are added the cost at the pump is among the highest.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I dont think the British motorist would mind so much if the taxes were

being used on maintaining the roads, but the state of roads here in the

UK are abominable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join