It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush to Seek $350M in Palestinian Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
U.S. President Bush has indicated that he plans to seek up to $350 million dollars to aid the Palestinians. The money would be earmarked to help reduce poverty and aid in the peace process. Newly confirmed Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, is expected to travel to the region and meet with leaders of both side.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Eager to help Middle East peacemaking and combat Palestinian poverty, President Bush said Wednesday he would seek $350 million to support the Palestinians.

"The beginnings of reform and democracy in the Palestinian territories are showing the power of freedom to break old patterns of violence and failure," the president said, noting that he is sending Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to the region early next week.

He said the money would go toward political, economic and social reforms for the Palestinians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The money would go along way and its positively shocking to me that this much would be pledged. AIPAC is either asleep or is simply having a total fit over this. I tend to believe the latter unless Israel was compensated in another unannounced way. Maybe a few F-22 were tossed in thier direction? At any rate, as always care must be taken to ensure the money goes for where and what it is intended and not line the pockets of some rich arms dealer.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That figure rings a bell.
I think (I'll have to check) that it's the same amount Israel has asked the US to contribute to moving several Military bases built on occupied land.

There was a link, now dead, to the story on the Israeli Haaretz website which is where I first found it.
Found another headline item at the site below.....
www.themedialine.org...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Britguy]

join